• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Did you find the right tap? M3x0.30 or M3x0.35 ? I’ve found only the M3x0.35 but I’m not sure it’s the correct one… too many contrasting opinions… do someone please can help me?
Interested in the answer to that as Google is highly conflicted, even on the Rolex Forum it doesn't seem to be clear!

Action_Jensen

Known Member
20/4/21
Did you find the right tap? M3x0.30 or M3x0.35 ? I’ve found only the M3x0.35 but I’m not sure it’s the correct one… too many contrasting opinions… do someone please can help me?
Athaya is tapped with M3x0.35. If you want to redrill the case get a 2.56mm drill :)

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Reactions: Action_Jensen

nomorebigideas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/24
Most likely in an eBay auction or such. No one in their right mind would sell an actual genuine big crown clasp in good condition for such price.
I narrowly missed a 6251h clasp on eBay a few weeks ago...

Well the guy is a watch dealer on eBay with plenty of restored vintage watches, so you never know!

Here's a link:

Reactions: Erect

nomorebigideas

8/4/24
Well the guy is a watch dealer on eBay with plenty of restored vintage watches, so you never know!

Here's a link:

13.5mm is small - 2mm to be exact - but I think I can just shave 1mm off each side of the clasp links and make it work.

Not holding a candle to authenticity after all!

Would still like to get the correct(ish) hands and crown, with ends links my final boss.

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU

Here's a link:

That's hot. Do you know the width of the clasp? There's different kinds.
EDIT: Ah, so it is actually 13.5mm wide? That's really narrow.

Do show us what the final result looks like.

For end links, WSO has 55 end links.

Last edited:
Reactions: nomorebigideas

nomorebigideas

8/4/24
That's hot. Do you know the width of the clasp? There's different kinds.
EDIT: Ah, so it is actually 13.5mm wide? That's really narrow.

Do show us what the final result looks like.

For end links, WSO has 55 end links.
My current clasp in 15.5mm, but I think in the end it'll look good.

Again, not super fussed about authenticity - close enough is good for me.

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
My current clasp in 15.5mm, but I think in the end it'll look good.

Again, not super fussed about authenticity - close enough is good for me.
What bracelet are u putting it on? Not a jubilee I suppose?

nomorebigideas

8/4/24
Sadly not! Raffles riveted Oyster, in which I've removed the adjustment pins and replaced with push rivets so it looks more complete.
Current build - apols for the shit photos, I'm in a distinctly average hotel in London.

- Raffles 1016 Case, with shaping (not perfect but solid) with internal 1016 marking deleted

- T21 SKZ Crystal

- Raffles vintage riveted bracelet with push rivets in place of the stock screws (bracelet resized prior to work)

- Bezel, props to @1016 lover 👏👏👏

-Clasp etc, currently Raffles (registration number delete) but soon to be changed for Gen Spec G&F

- Movement is PT5004 (Silver) 28800bph direct from manufacturer (obvs higher BPH than OEM but I wanted something repairable - my 1979 Kawasaki taught me about how much of a f*£ker it is fnding old parts lol)

- Hands Raffle but am planning to change to correct spec

- Crown Raffles Brevit, am planning to shape manually to achieve correct thickness.

Hayst

Known Member
15/3/23
Australia
Current build - apols for the shit photos, I'm in a distinctly average hotel in London.

- Raffles 1016 Case, with shaping (not perfect but solid) with internal 1016 marking deleted

- T21 SKZ Crystal

- Raffles vintage riveted bracelet with push rivets in place of the stock screws (bracelet resized prior to work)

-Clasp etc, currently Raffles (registration number delete) but soon to be changed for Gen Spec G&F

- Movement is PT5004 (Silver) 28800bph direct from manufacturer (obvs higher BPH than OEM but I wanted something repairable - my 1979 Kawasaki taught me about how much of a f*£ker it is fnding old parts lol)

- Crown Raffles Brevit, am planning to shape manually to achieve correct thickness.

Oh you are so screwed, you know you are hooked...don't you?

nomorebigideas

8/4/24
Whist everyone's around, can I get some advice on these hands?

They look right for a 6610 non-white lollipop (still larger than normal seconds hand lume) but I swear this is just Raffles selling on eBay?

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU

- T21 SKZ Crystal

Looks great mate. Raffles dial?

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Whist everyone's around, can I get some advice on these hands?

They look right for a 6610 non-white lollipop (still larger than normal seconds hand lume) but I swear this is just Raffles selling on eBay?

This appears to be raffles yes. I went with helen’s hands set. Im ditching her gold secondshand for a custom white fat lollipop tho.

Reactions: GenuineFool

nomorebigideas

8/4/24
This appears to be raffles yes. I went with helen’s hands set. Im ditching her gold secondshand for a custom white fat lollipop tho.
Nice, thank you. Yes, it's a Raffles - not the best quality but solid for the price and with forced patina it works for me.

Any chance of a link to Helen's Hands?