• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Idem for me, 27e by default on all non eu country....
Same country unfortunately... I sent an e-mail with a complaint to test-aankoop (test-achet) about the monopoly position of the government within our postal system, and the abuse involved with taxing end consumers for futile formalities. France for example only charges 2 euro import fees.

Reactions: 369mafia

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Same country unfortunately... I sent an e-mail with a complaint to test-aankoop (test-achet) about the monopoly position of the government within our postal system, and the abuse involved with taxing end consumers for futile formalities. France for example only charges 2 euro import fees.

Not totally exact. The import fees are rather random…but the worst thing is the handling fees

I got 4€ of fees for 10$ value declared from us and 6€ of handling fees on top 😅

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Not totally exact. The import fees are rather random…but the worst thing is the handling fees

I got 4€ of fees for 10$ value declared from us and 6€ of handling fees on top 😅
I meant the "Frais de gestion"

VAT is one thing, that I'll pay. But 18,5 euro handling fees is ridiculous.

Going to have to eat bread with bread for a while to recover from this one. o_O

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ukrop and Karbon74

Ukrop

Cult Hero
13/1/24
Canada

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Yes
I meant the "Frais de gestion"

VAT is one thing, that I'll pay. But 18,5 euro handling fees is ridiculous.

Going to have to eat bread with bread for a while to recover from this one.

Yes. That’s what i meant
Read carefully

La Poste charges 8€ flat, minus 2€ if you pay online

Fedex just slaughters you. Last time I paid something so obscene that my memory fails me

Reactions: Erect

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Yes

Yes. That’s what i meant
Read carefully

La Poste charges 8€ flat, minus 2€ if you pay online

Fedex just slaughters you. Last time I paid something so obscene that my memory fails me
Ohh! lol my bad! I read 2 if you pay online or 6 physically. Oops!

GenuineFool

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
Fedex just slaughters you.

@Karbon74 Same here in Canada. Ordered Sunnyscopa paper and it went FedEx (no choice). It was almost $30 CAD handling fees. I called, found out that I could "opt out" of their importation service, but then have to complete all the paperwork and go to the bonded warehouse it was held and turn it over to the govt agent working there to collect the package myself. It would have taken me at least 2 hours, so I ended up paying. I'll never voluntarily use FedEx for international shipping if I can help it.

But on the positive side, @Erect , the WSO 55 end links are nice, and definitely much cheaper than gen!

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
But on the positive side, @Erect , the WSO 55 end links are nice, and definitely much cheaper than gen!
That is true. I havent seen them in a build here, yet. Looking forward to checking off another box in the 6610 thread.

Just imagine, I gather all the parts and ship it to kilowattore, it gets lost, stolen or seized on the way there. I would cry.

Hayst

Known Member
15/3/23
Australia
Gleave & co t21, t22, Clark t21.

Clark t21 height 4.46 mm

Gleave t21 4.43 mm

Gleave t22 4.96 mm

Clark t21 radius 30.68 mm

Gleave t21 radius 30.49 mm

Gleave t22 radius 30.84 mm

Clark t21 skirt .56 mm

Gleave t21 skirt .49 mm

Gleave t22 skirt .73 mm

Clark t21 dome thickness 1.84 mm

Gleave t21 dome thickness 1.33 mm

Gleave t22 dome thickness 1.48 mm

Clark t21 left, Gleave t21 middle, Gleave t22 right

Bivintage bezel on Gleave t22 crystal

The Clark t21also feels heavier in the hand.

Seated Clark t21 next to Gleave t21 and Gleave t22

Okay...I have a shitty wog of some sort and am bored out of my frigging skull!

Pavloxs

Horology Curious
16/8/18
If I want to use NH36a with the raffles case , do I need a different movement ring and modify the dial to fit ? I presume it’s easier just to use 8215 , but I have zero skills to make the date position go away 😂.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
If I want to use NH36a with the raffles case , do I need a different movement ring and modify the dial to fit ? I presume it’s easier just to use 8215 , but I have zero skills to make the date position go away 😂.

You mean NH38 ?
NH36 is a day date

NH38 will drop in fine in most Raffles 2824 cases. Just make sure you mention it in your order
Also make sure that you order the hands accordingly

Last edited:
Reactions: 369mafia

Pavloxs

Horology Curious
16/8/18
You mean NH38 ?
NH36 is a day date

NH38 will drop in fine in most Raffles 2824 cases. Just make sure you mention it in your order
Also make sure that you order the hands accordingly
Yes , that’s the one I meant. Thank you for the reply, will double check everything before ordering.

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Tell

Tell us more about that chinese warehouse stuff. i heard that before but never really looked into it
Theres warehouse services that you can use to forward purchases to in China, and then ship internationally. P a n d a b u y was the largest, and got raided recently, causing major havoc in China replica world. I’ve been with a smaller agent since 2015-6, but they’ve closed registrations for now due to huge increase in new users and orders. You pay a fee for them to do the work, they can take pictures measurements etc… but I dont pay handling fee anymore because I’ve spent quite a lot with them… theres still conversion rates/fees though.