• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

1675lover

23/7/22
424620533-680298894031208-7730652825206386787-n.jpg

1675lover

23/7/22
apologies for the double post. webpage bugged out :ROFLMAO:

i think i'll be forgiven with that son of a gun piece of work 1016...
*drools*

1016_idiot_savant

Supporter
Certified
3/2/23
Denmark
Tried something new today… wanted to give some aging to the 1016 dial and decided to try some sepia-colored ink from my fountain pen. At first I went with applying wet using a brush, but it ended up going all over the place so I let a blob of ink dry a bit on my desk and then used the end of a very slightly moistened Q-tip for the application.

This “moist-on-dry” application even distribution without touching the dial itself. I think the sepia ink lends itself well to this kind of aging as it is a subtle, darker aging, which you sometimes see on older watches which have been exposed to moisture. Also, the ink left a permanent stain on my wooden desktop, so I think the color is probably going to be quite robust and resistant to fading. Anyway, all in all the whole process took less than 10 minutes so re-aging in a few years will definitely not be a problem.

316lad

Renowned Member
8/8/23
UK
Just a quick reminder to the Brethren Of The 1016 Thread - if you DO have a Yachtmaster (and let's be honest - that's highly unlikely on this Thread) - be sure to wear it tomorrow as it will mark the day that Team UK take the America's Cup perfectly off the KIwis in Barcelona courtesy of The R.Y.S - the bar of which 316lad has had a few drinks at over the years.

For goodness sake - Switzerland have won it a couple of times - and they're land-locked!!!!

The Rolex clock is still outside the club: This is at Cowes, Isle-Of-Wight.

And here's an original ad from Montres when they started muscling in on sponsorship and - these days, cringe, cringe . . .Ambassadors!
Love that it's a Sub:

We've never won it - but quite honestly, and I am an old sailor - the amount of money we've thrown at this should bring a result. If it doesn't then Ben Ainslie - Skipper of Tema UK should be thrown to the crocodiles.

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Just a quick reminder to the Brethren Of The 1016 Thread - if you DO have a Yachtmaster (and let's be honest - that's highly unlikely on this Thread) - be sure to wear it tomorrow as it will mark the day that Team UK take the America's Cup perfectly off the KIwis in Barcelona courtesy of The R.Y.S - the bar of which 316lad has had a few drinks at over the years.

For goodness sake - Switzerland have won it a couple of times - and they're land-locked!!!!

The Rolex clock is still outside the club: This is at Cowes, Isle-Of-Wight.

And here's an original ad from Montres when they started muscling in on sponsorship and - these days, cringe, cringe . . .Ambassadors!
Love that it's a Sub:

We've never won it - but quite honestly, and I am an old sailor - the amount of money we've thrown at this should bring a result. If it doesn't then Ben Ainslie - Skipper of Tema UK should be thrown to the crocodiles.

I have one I bought early on...mostly because I really don't like the ceramic bezels on the new Subs, and thought the YM was closer in spirit to the original "tool watch" that was the Submariner. I didn't realize that they're supposed to be made of gold and platinum, which blew my theory to hell, lol.

But good luck and hope for the best for your team.