• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

RolETA2824

Getting To Know The Place
14/8/20
EU

Textured Cartier dial, case reshaped and refinished to near NOS
1016lover bezel v3
306.449 crystal

But…I got a frigging dud of an old movement…i should not have cheaped out and bought from Miuysiki as usual…
It’s clear that it needs a service.

So, that one will have to wait until September 🫠
Really very nice peace of watch. The longer raffle hands suit the build just right.
How did you get the fine patina on the watch hands?

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Really very nice peace of watch. The longer raffle hands suit the build just right.
How did you get the fine patina on the watch hands?

I cheated.
Those are mist drops of matte varnish.

Under a microscope, you see them. Anything under 5x magnifying, it looks like light oxydation spots

Reactions: macguffin

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Plot twist
After several hours of impeccable time keeping, I decided to test my cheapo timegrapher on the trusted NH38 of my Railmaster

So, the timegrapher is dead 😳
I see a weishi in my future 🤗

Reactions: Hec

tigroz

Getting To Know The Place
9/8/23
Rome
Great job, I would also like to install the same Athaya tube and crown. Can you confirm that the hole diameter needs to be 2.8mm?
I’ve used a tap M3 M3.5 to redrill the hole. I used this tap as indicated by others on this post.

36mm

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/8/21
I’ve used a tap M3 M3.5 to redrill the hole. I used this tap as indicated by others on this post.
Thanks for the response, but did you redrill directely or did you enlarge the hole first? I was thinking of enlarging it to 2.8mm and then redrill...