• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

1016 lover

4/10/22
Hey guys, any opinions on this dial ?
MK1
I'm wondering who these people are, to me the print is not incredible but overall this is probably one of the best dials I've seen around..
Saw those ones, but listed arround 3 weeks ago AT the half of the Price direct from china, the graphic look correct except for the numbers, it was print in one Time and varnish After with a not very good product, could be a good alternative to Yuki but AT the original Price...

HSV726

Known Member
Supporter
1/8/10
I have a Raffles case (purchased in 2023) and I am looking to change the crown and tube.

I was impressed with the Athaya crown I used on another build so would like one for this case.

My research has shown the 24-600 would be appropriate.

Just wondering if anyone had fitted this particular crown and tube?

will need to drill and tap for the tube ?
Will need need to countersink the case to accept the tube?

Thanks
Pete

36mm

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/8/21
I have a Raffles case (purchased in 2023) and I am looking to change the crown and tube.

I was impressed with the Athaya crown I used on another build so would like one for this case.

My research has shown the 24-600 would be appropriate.

Just wondering if anyone had fitted this particular crown and tube?

will need to drill and tap for the tube ?
Will need need to countersink the case to accept the tube?

Thanks
Pete
I would like to do the same thing too!

I bought this kit:

https://parts.athayavintage.com/product/aftermarket-24-600-crown-and-tube-dash/

I think I'll have to remove the original tube, drill a 3mm diameter hole, and then re-thread it with a tool like this:

I don't know if it will be necessary to use glue.

In any case, let's wait for the opinion of more experienced users...

36mm

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/8/21
I would like to do the same thing too!

I bought this kit:

https://parts.athayavintage.com/product/aftermarket-24-600-crown-and-tube-dash/

I think I'll have to remove the original tube, drill a 3mm diameter hole, and then re-thread it with a tool like this:

I don't know if it will be necessary to use glue.

In any case, let's wait for the opinion of more experienced users...
3mm subtracting the thread pitch!

Someone experienced can tell us the correct thread size!...

nomorebigideas

Getting To Know The Place
8/4/24
I get
Any source for the PT5004 nodate?
I get mine directly from HKPT but I run my own company (not in watches!) and blagged it - FedEx more expensive than a single unit!

Reactions: Karbon74

d1d1ka

14/4/18
Ehe
Saw those ones, but listed arround 3 weeks ago AT the half of the Price direct from china, the graphic look correct except for the numbers, it was print in one Time and varnish After with a not very good product, could be a good alternative to Yuki but AT the original Price...
Where did you see it 3 weeks ago ?

d1d1ka

14/4/18
What's your opinion on these dials ? If the numbers were not that wonky, would've been a great dial in my eyes..

HSV726

Known Member
Supporter
1/8/10
The bi vintage case looks great, I looked at his eBay store recently and noticed he didn't have any listings does he have a site or contact details ?