• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THB New Release of AP Royal Oak 15407 Skeleton Openworked with SA3132 Clone Movement

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
How come I cannot find Fat Panda as a TD anymore? He was able to get parts and obscure reps pretty easily.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok fat panda told me he cannot get the APSF parts. We would need to get a donor. Seems like an expensive prospect for rotor and seconds hand.

Beam203040

Do not accept unsolicited offers
4/3/20
Thailand
Anyone can provide service by change of second hands and add double balance wheel and re polishing and all ?

Much appreciate

Wesker

Getting To Know The Place
29/1/21
Germany
Anyone can provide service by change of second hands and add double balance wheel and re polishing and all ?

Much appreciate
I'm not a watchmaker, but I think adding a double balance wheel is quite a complex matter and not as simple as you might imagine...the movement is not designed for it.

Regarding second hands and the case: @legend has already written something about this in another thread:

I’m in the process of producing a custom second hand for it, using a gen hand as reference. It will be installed with the movement into a proper case as the current case isn’t geometrically correct as well. It’ll take time to get this produced though and maybe by then the factory will already be making the correct second hand. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: munichman

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
So gentlemen. As promised i attach some of my QC pictures. I have approved them already. As you all can see, there is, unfortunately the spelling mistake on the rotor, where it says THIRTY EIGRT instead of EIGHT. I can live with that, as the one's i would hand the watch over to, would the one's i would've told already it's a rep. It's a small error which doesn't bug me. And also it's moddable by changing rotor if it was something that bugged me.

Swiss_goupil

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
So gentlemen. As promised i attach some of my QC pictures. I have approved them already. As you all can see, there is, unfortunately the spelling mistake on the rotor, where it says THIRTY EIGRT instead of EIGHT. I can live with that, as the one's i would hand the watch over to, would the one's i would've told already it's a rep. It's a small error which doesn't bug me. And also it's moddable by changing rotor if it was something that bugged me.

And the PIGET not aligned correctly (on rotor as well). But fear not, mine is even worse than yours….

(My dealer told me if they improve it he can get parts)

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Looks okay actually . Wear it well :)

Is the ceramic version a fantasy as haven't seen it much ......

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Other than the movement it seems that THB lacks the finesse for the fine details. But it's ok, this is their first major release, hopefully they'll get better with time.

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Other than the movement it seems that THB lacks the finesse for the fine details. But it's ok, this is their first major release, hopefully they'll get better with time.
Agree on this. I think the biggest issue for me personally is the obvious difference of the balance wheel design but still good progress regardless. Hoping they decide to do the black ceramic version w/ working double balance and the correct design 🙏 🙏 🙏

Wesker

Getting To Know The Place
29/1/21
Germany
Maybe it's just a well-known factory under a different name? Haven't many been raided? Don't think that as a noname you'll just throw out a clone movement like that. But who knows...:unsure:

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Maybe it's just a well-known factory under a different name? Haven't many been raided? Don't think that as a noname you'll just throw out a clone movement like that. But who knows...:unsure:
We have seen it before. Anyways I doubt THB made the movement, probably a exclusive contract with a movement supplier or the likes. Clean and VSF don't make their movements either they have contracts with SH and Peacock factories to make them.