• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THB New Release of AP Royal Oak 15407 Skeleton Openworked with SA3132 Clone Movement

giezzo

Getting To Know The Place
11/4/09
Well, no shit!

With so much of an “shut up and take my money” attitude here, why would they?

One “trusred dealer” recently sent me the qc pics of the watch with a completely different dial color, despite me confirming with him multiple times and sending him photos of the watch with correct dial color. His response was that “he couldn’t see my pics older than a few days on the phone“. Yeah :ROFLMAO:

Wesker

29/1/21
Germany
it's nice but I do not imagine the factory doing a complete revamp of the movement to match
Why not? Factories often come out with so many different variations of watches, even if you sometimes get the feeling that some variants serve extreme niches...
As someone has already written here, the 37mm variants would certainly be very popular on the huge Asian market.

Reactions: Mkempes

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Why not? Factories often come out with so many different variations of watches, even if you sometimes get the feeling that some variants serve extreme niches...
As someone has already written here, the 37mm variants would certainly be very popular on the huge Asian market.
I dont disagree but the movement factory needs to create a brand new movement to match we can only hope

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
SS on its way I added the QC rear rotor shot I know it’s not correct the video shows the right rotor I just think it’s funny these dealers don’t care lol
So this is not a picture of the rotor from the THB 15407?

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
So this is not a picture of the rotor from the THB 15407?
No, just compare it to the pics in the very first post. The movement is not even skeletonized.

Wesker

29/1/21
Germany
I dont disagree but the movement factory needs to create a brand new movement to match we can only hope
No, they don´t have to create a new movement. The gen 37mm uses the same movement as the 41mm. THB only needs to change the color of the existing movement, the minute dial and indices. Cases in 37mm are already available.

Reactions: Autobús and legend

munichman

25/3/24
Munich, Germany
I reckon if you get on the cable machines and work the forearm muscles it’ll be quicker to grow into the current release
Don´t you laugh or remark something you will regret later, but I am really pursuing with that exercise so that my AP 16202 will fit better on my girly wrists. :cool:

Reactions: grillbrill

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
How difficult is it for the factories to rep a balance wheel in the small weights on it?
Instant tell....so disappointing

Reactions: alibo70

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
This is one of those watches that works better in rose gold in my opinion. Stainless steel doesn’t do the black polished movement justice.

Reactions: Autobús

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
How difficult is it for the factories to rep a balance wheel in the small weights on it?
Instant tell....so disappointing
It's not out of their capability to manufacture. But it's about assembly, regulation, and reliability. That kind of shit is so much harder with free sprung. It's just exponentially more expensive. Imagine rep QC combined with micro stella regulation LOL it won't turn out that well. Anyways if we get lucky I'm sure the after market will come out with mods for it.