• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THB New Release of AP Royal Oak 15407 Skeleton Openworked with SA3132 Clone Movement

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸
It will run its course.

Thread started, overwhelming excitement, orders begun, flaws identified, excitement lowers, watches received, excitement elevates with thread, more orders, catch and release sales, sustained activity within thread for a variable amount of time depending on batch size. Then some crazy mofo will attempt to franken it.

This is the way of all things RWI and im here for every minute of it.

It’s like @Reaps said, people are just waiting on their orders to arrive.

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
It will run its course.

Thread started, overwhelming excitement, orders begun, flaws identified, excitement lowers, watches received, excitement elevates with thread, more orders, catch and release sales, sustained activity within thread for a variable amount of time depending on batch size. Then some crazy mofo will attempt to franken it.

This is the way of all things RWI and im here for every minute of it.

It’s like @Reaps said, people are just waiting on their orders to arrive.
Truer words have never been spoken lol

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
What about the weight Vs Gen - guess someone who has the Rep can put the weight/s (RG & WG) up.

And assuming it's way off maybe someone can talk about Tungsten plated?

But I'm sure all (well maybe 90% of us) - will agree it's a GREAT Rep?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
But I'm sure all (well maybe 90% of us) - will agree it's a GREAT Rep?
It’s never about consensus, which is also irrelevant and subjective.
You’re the one who will wear the watch and not the community so get it if you like it and if you don’t, well just pass.
You need to decide what you can live with and what you can’t. The gen does have a double balance as a main feature and this is also in the name of the watch. The rep itself has a single balance assembly. So whatever it is, the rep is just a visual lookalike of the gen with a few flaws. It is for me a decent release which looks cool but not an AP of course. So it depends what you’re looking for. I do like the double balance feature for its horological intricacy so I’ll wait for my allocation to arrive. Others just want a cool watch to wear without caring about accuracy and if so this is a very nice release for them. Different strokes, that’s all it is.

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
It’s never about consensus, which is also irrelevant and subjective.
You’re the one who will wear the watch and not the community so get it if you like it and if you don’t, well just pass.
You need to decide what you can live with and what you can’t. The gen does have a double balance as a main feature and this is also in the name of the watch. The rep itself has a single balance assembly. So whatever it is, the rep is just a visual lookalike of the gen with a few flaws. It is for me a decent release which looks cool but not an AP of course. So it depends what you’re looking for. I do like the double balance feature for its horological intricacy so I’ll wait for my allocation to arrive. Others just want a cool watch to wear without caring about accuracy and if so this is a very nice release for them. Different strokes, that’s all it is.
Hmm? Thanks for this but I still would like to know the weight difference.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
I hope someone has the gen to take the weight for you. It is a rare model to own even among gen collectors.
It is really rare indeed, i found this

It states 177 grams...but it is the 15467OR, this means it's the 37 mm version in Full Gold.

Cannot find any infos on the weight of the 41 mm 15407...:(

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

It states 177 grams...but it is the 15467OR, this means it's the 37 mm version in Full Gold.

The allocation of the 15407st itself is rare and for the rose gold model it’s even more so.
I’m guessing that the 15400OR is a good benchmark but with the movement and dial being different, there may be a few grams off too.

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15

Rose gold APs are really heavy, my 26331or is around 250g, that is between a RG and a Platinum Daytona for example.

I guess 15407OR would be a bit less but if you care about the weight go for the steel version as most likely it will be almost the same for gen and Rep.

If you plan on getting the RG because you like It more just enjoy it, but the watch won’t fool anyone who has handle a gen RG piece and even without holding it, know how a double balance should look).

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
If you plan on getting the RG because you like It more just enjoy it, but the watch won’t fool anyone who has handle a gen RG piece and even without holding it, know how a double balance should look).
Dear @Paul Newman (are your eyes blue :) ?) i know perfectly....weight difference between SS and Gold is massive, and crucial between Gen and Reps.

Plus , i own a Rep RO Dual Time 26120ST, and it is easily on of the Heaviest Rep i own , definitely.
I mean, they're substantial watches !

In this SS review of the 15407, it states that the watch has 'substantial weight', but no more than that....

Reactions: Paul Newman

giezzo

Getting To Know The Place
11/4/09
I'm pretty confident that the 37mm will come. The movement is the hardest part to make and this is done. Why would they miss the opportunity to get additional revenue?

Additionally the factories target the much bigger China market where smaller watches have a significant market share.

Before I even start dreaming about 37mm rep, I'm trying to see if 37mm gen exits in exactly same config: steel with gold hands and markers. Only finding frosted and RG versions and some other type in 39mm and silver hands. Steel with RG hands/markers is perfection.

MHX

20/3/17
I agree a fantastic rep and a huge move ahead. I have a couple of APs already. The quality is amazing, but I am asking myself every time. Why is it not possible to replicate the balance wheel to be much closer to the original one?

Reactions: alibo70

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Before I even start dreaming about 37mm rep, I'm trying to see if 37mm gen exits in exactly same config: steel with gold hands and markers. Only finding frosted and RG versions and some other type in 39mm and silver hands. Steel with RG hands/markers is perfection.
AP's 15467bc is not steel but WG, so will be repped hopefully soon in SS.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
AP's 15467bc is not steel but WG, so will be repped hopefully soon in SS.

it's nice but I do not imagine the factory doing a complete revamp of the movement to match

Reactions: Reaps

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
It will run its course.

alibo70

3/2/07
Worst offenders for me in order are: Case/bezel, second hand, decorated balance wheels, some missing jewels on movement. Excited to see how quickly those get addressed by fellow members.

Reactions: munichman

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
SS on its way I added the QC rear rotor shot I know it’s not correct the video shows the right rotor I just think it’s funny these dealers don’t care lol