• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THB New Release of AP Royal Oak 15407 Skeleton Openworked with SA3132 Clone Movement

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
The greatest issue with the rep APs for me is the wearer.

The modern reps are well made and to make a fair statement, they look pretty convincing to most people who care to look at the watches. But the wearer, possessing knowledge the general population has no access to, often becomes insecure about the flaws of the watch and therefore does not have the confidence and boldness to pull off the watch. It’s about attitude, boldness and confidence, literally the ABC of wearing reps. It’s not even about income level or spending propensity or social class. If someone wears a decent rep confidently it will meld with him to create believability. Modding a watch is often about increasing wearer confidence or satisfying the owner’s wish to have a watch look or feel a certain way.
It all boils down to wearer confidence and what creates that confidence in the wearer. It’s a balance of his knowledge anr perspective vs the same of the general population.

I seriously doubt that the average guy can call out the current version of the 15407 on the wrist in the wild if the wearer carries himself well enough. This holds true for all replica watches actually. Before modding the watch, adjust the ABC of rep wearing and one is already in the league of the extraordinary.
And if I can add one more aspect on what we doing, Which is how I personally feel and at the end it doesn't matter how close it is with gen or not

It's just a hobby, like art, others like to paint, we like to do this, and in the end we have a piece of art in our wrist that We personally enjoy to own and look at, and a nice personal journey behind it to be created

Reactions: munichman

munichman

Known Member
25/3/24
Munich, Germany
It all boils down to wearer confidence and what creates that confidence in the wearer. It’s a balance of his knowledge and perspective vs the same of the general population.
Very well said!
As said before in this forum there are ~ 100k members who might know, but out there are 8 billion idiots who will never know the difference between gen and rep.

Wesker

Getting To Know The Place
29/1/21
Germany
The greatest issue with the rep APs for me is the wearer.

The modern reps are well made and to make a fair statement, they look pretty convincing to most people who care to look at the watches. But the wearer, possessing knowledge the general population has no access to, often becomes insecure about the flaws of the watch and therefore does not have the confidence and boldness to pull off the watch. It’s about attitude, boldness and confidence, literally the ABC of wearing reps. It’s not even about income level or spending propensity or social class. If someone wears a decent rep confidently it will meld with him to create believability. Modding a watch is often about increasing wearer confidence or satisfying the owner’s wish to have a watch look or feel a certain way.
It all boils down to wearer confidence and what creates that confidence in the wearer. It’s a balance of his knowledge anr perspective vs the same of the general population.

I seriously doubt that the average guy can call out the current version of the 15407 on the wrist in the wild if the wearer carries himself well enough. This holds true for all replica watches actually. Before modding the watch, adjust the ABC of rep wearing and one is already in the league of the extraordinary.
True words. I don't understand what's so difficult about it? In the unlikely event that a watch enthusiast asks me about my rep watch, I'm certainly not going to pretend it's an original. Where I come from, owning replicas is legal. Should I be ashamed to tell him the truth? After all, I'm not wearing the watch to make myself look like a rich person, but simply because I like the design and because there is no homage watch that comes close enough to the design. You just have to stop pretending to be someone you're not. Then you also won't care about the small flaws that a rep might have.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
True words. I don't understand what's so difficult about it? In the unlikely event that a watch enthusiast asks me about my rep watch, I'm certainly not going to pretend it's an original. Where I come from, owning replicas is legal. Should I be ashamed to tell him the truth? After all, I'm not wearing the watch to make myself look like a rich person, but simply because I like the design and because there is no homage watch that comes close enough to the design. You just have to stop pretending to be someone you're not. Then you also won't care about the small flaws that a rep might have.
That’s actually the perfect attitude for owning reps IMO. You wear it because you like it, to hell with everyone else. You don’t need to explain to anyone what’s on your wrist.

Some guys like to compare the rep with the gen based solely on how the two look, while ignoring the price difference and also ignoring their own attitude as the wearer. It’s always the attitude which counts most of all (assuming one owns a rep of reasonable quality) and I’m glad guys like you get it. You’re right it’s not about appearing rich or pretentious. You have the right to wear whatever makes you feel aligned with your preferences. It’s also not about comparing the rep with the gen and saying the color is off or the font is off etc, while never taking into account the price.

Thanks for sharing your opinion it’s very much appreciated.

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
The problem with the 15407 is the relatively big “lug-to-lug” width of 51mm (gen)...
A small tip: if you don't necessarily have an AP dealer around the corner, you can try on a Tissot PRX in 40mm instead and see how the watch looks on your wrist. The PRX also has an integrated bracelet and 51mm lug to lug just like the 15407.
Thanks for the tip. My wrist is fairly flat so it’s 51mm across. Would that be good enough? Or does the integrated bracelet add extra space between my wrist and the bracelet?

Reactions: Wesker

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks for the tip. My wrist is fairly flat so it’s 51mm across. Would that be good enough? Or does the integrated bracelet add extra space between my wrist and the bracelet?
Another option can be waiting for a 37 mm release. I'm still holding my breath for some months.

Reactions: Reaps

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Here is a nice little video to show the works of the SA3132 mechanism for the THB 15407. :)

As for the other models with the 3132 calibre, THB has shown some interest in them too. So maybe we can all look forward to it.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Here is a nice little video to show the works of the SA3132 mechanism for the THB 15407. :)

As for the other models with the 3132 calibre, THB has shown some interest in them too. So maybe we can all look forward to it.
I'm not sure how 15450 reps sell but if they do well than imho 1546X rep models with this movement may sell fine as well.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It is a small issue. Perhaps I have some disorder but the spelling issues on these reps always bothers me more than other major things people point out. I can live with major flaws but sometimes the spelling mistakes drive me crazy. Lol

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Nevertheless I may get this one since other aspects look quite nicely done. Waiting for PureTime pictures and other TDs to make some more comparisons.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
It is a small issue. Perhaps I have some disorder but the spelling issues on these reps always bothers me more than other major things people point out. I can live with major flaws but sometimes the spelling mistakes drive me crazy. Lol
Nevertheless I may get this one since other aspects look quite nicely done. Waiting for PureTime pictures and other TDs to make some more comparisons.
Totally agree. Always advocate to buy sooner rather than later. Time has shown even Rolex replicas are not invulnerable, replicas often are batch by batch case basis

Wesker

Getting To Know The Place
29/1/21
Germany
Hard to tell from a distance. First and foremost, you have to like it yourself. I mean it seems like you are from New York City? They have an AP dealer there. You could visit them and maybe they have a 15407 to try on? Otherwise, try the PRX. There are many watch dealers that stock Tissot, at least where I live.

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
No problem using gen pics but they should be labelled by the dealer accordingly to avoid misunderstanding.
These are not pictures of the gen, please look carefully at the balance with regulator.

Last edited by a moderator: