• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THB New Release of AP Royal Oak 15407 Skeleton Openworked with SA3132 Clone Movement

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Lots of excitement about the movement, I agree, but how are we evaluating the finish of the case and other such details? I think they're fine for a rep but a little lack luster compared to ZF from what I've seen.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood1

aguida

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/3/22
I love the Stainless Steel one (the gold one is too much for me, just my taste :) ), but am I seeing wrong or the hands (all of them) and the markers are totally off the with regard to the rose gold colour they should have? It is kind of weird when they webnt out of their way to replicate all the inside so close to the gen.

Or maybe just the pictures of the rep are bad?

Replica

Gen

Has anybody their hands on this steel model who can confirm about the colour of the hands and markers?

Thanks

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸
I love the Stainless Steel one (the gold one is too much for me, just my taste :) ), but am I seeing wrong or the hands (all of them) and the markers are totally off the with regard to the rose gold colour they should have? It is kind of weird when they webnt out of their way to replicate all the inside so close to the gen.

Or maybe just the pictures of the rep are bad?

Replica

Gen

Has anybody their hands on this steel model who can confirm about the colour of the hands and markers?

Thanks
Shade may be off, but it appears like a lighting issue. I’ll refrain from making more judgement until additional pictures are released.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
For a watch like this, let’s first look at the greatest tell, which is the wearer, and then with that in perspective, the flaws of the replica watch. Let’s also not forget that the watch costs less than 1% of the gen.
So I’m sure any flaw on the watch is bearable.
Yes the second hand is off and there are minor flaws in the skeleton decoration but the true 1:1 watch is the gen. Anything outside of it will be flawed but priced more than fairly, all things considered.

aguida

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/3/22
For a watch like this, let’s first look at the greatest tell, which is the wearer, and then with that in perspective, the flaws of the replica watch. Let’s also not forget that the watch costs less than 1% of the gen.
So I’m sure any flaw on the watch is bearable.
Yes the second hand is off and there are minor flaws in the skeleton decoration but the true 1:1 watch is the gen. Anything outside of it will be flawed but priced more than fairly, all things considered.
I think you misuderstood the eagerness of people (or at least mine) to get more information about this beautiful piece with looking for flaws. I think everybody in this thread have experience enough to know that there isn't such a thing as a perfect rep.

I am personally looking forward to more hands-on pictures, videos and comments from people who actually bougth and experienced it, in order to be able to judge for myself if I want to buy it or not. For now I will be holding off a little until I see better pictures of the hand and I am holding my finger crosssed that it is just overexposure of the pictures. I guess the 1% line is different from person to person. I am more focused on what I am getting for my 1% than what I am not getting for the remaining 99% :) which, to be correct, includes also: Brand, hype, marketing, shops, service centers, extravagant packging, etc.

Looking so much forward to the feedback from the first proud owners :)

Reactions: Eggroll_96

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think you misuderstood the eagerness of people (or at least mine) to get more information about this beautiful piece with looking for flaws. I think everybody in this thread have experience enough to know that there isn't such a thing as a perfect rep.

I am personally looking forward to more hands-on pictures, videos and comments from people who actually bougth and experienced it, in order to be able to judge for myself if I want to buy it or not. For now I will be holding off a little until I see better pictures of the hand and I am holding my finger crosssed that it is just overexposure of the pictures. I guess the 1% line is different from person to person. I am more focused on what I am getting for my 1% than what I am not getting for the remaining 99% :) which, to be correct, includes also: Brand, hype, marketing, shops, service centers, extravagant packging, etc.

Looking so much forward to the feedback from the first proud owners :)
I didn’t misunderstand anything.

There is a difference between guys looking for flaws between the rep and the gen while taking themselves and the price difference out of the equation and there are guys who wear the rep to amuse and please themselves.

My comment was directed toward the former and it is 100% valid. If you care about what the 1% price buys you then there’s no need to compare it with the gen, just decide if the rep suits you and either buy it or don’t. Where does the gen factor in the process if your assessment is contained and not based on flaws?
Also I do not agree that the 99% price difference are in the packaging and marketing and brand premium etc. A significant portion of the cost difference does go into R&D and design, manufacturing, and of course the difference between the quality of the watch parts and quality of the movement caliber especially.
Bottomline, you decide what you prefer in a rep watch but if you’re comparing it to the gen don’t forget the price comparison as well. The statements I made are clear and true and there is no misunderstanding.

Last edited:

aguida

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/3/22
I didn’t misunderstand anything.

There is a difference between guys looking for flaws between the rep and the gen while taking themselves and the price difference out of the equation and there are guys who wear the rep to amuse and please themselves.

My comment was directed toward the former and it is 100% valid. If you care about what the 1% price buys you then there’s no need to compare it with the gen, just decide if the rep suits you and either buy it or don’t. Where does the gen factor in the process if your assessment is contained and not based on flaws?
Also I do not agree that the 99% price difference are in the packaging and marketing and brand premium etc. A significant portion of the cost difference does go into R&D and design, manufacturing, and of course the difference between the quality of the watch parts and quality of the movement caliber especially.
Bottomline, you decide what you prefer in a rep watch but if you’re comparing it to the gen don’t forget the price comparison as well. The statements I made are clear and true and there is no misunderstanding.
Well we all have our opinions. What I can tell, and I stand by it, is that I have felt that the tone of your first post and even more the second one sounds condescending and talking down. Nothing of what you wrote was insigthful or helpful or new to me and I don't understand the point of it other then killing an otherwise lively and very exciting thread. I appreciate your point of view even if I disagree. Therefore no further comments from my side on this matter and apologies to the other members to have derailed this thread. Back to the AP and hopefully tons of new pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: Reaps

aguida

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/3/22
Puretime posted HD images yesterday.
There’s a few things different from gen but I ordered one anyway :)
The main thing that bothered me on ZF/apsf is the balance bridge size/position and fake balance

Thanks. That is great. I am joining the club 😁

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The main thing that bothered me on ZF/apsf is the balance bridge size/position and fake balance

Looks great. I’m sure you’ll love it even if it isn’t 1:1 to the gen. 🤣

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well we all have our opinions. What I can tell, and I stand by it, is that I have felt that the tone of your first post and even more the second one sounds condescending and talking down. Nothing of what you wrote was insigthful or helpful or new to me and I don't understand the point of it other then killing an otherwise lively and very exciting thread. I appreciate your point of view even if I disagree. Therefore no further comments from my side on this matter and apologies to the other members to have derailed this thread. Back to the AP and hopefully tons of new pictures.
Tone is subjective. You can interpret it any way you wish and it does not concern me.

But facts are facts and what I said I stand by it. As luck would have it, I also happen to have a gen 15407 on allocation currently and I think that I am in the rare position to be able to do a proper comparison if someone sends me the rep. I believe that it will be slightly more helpful than just an exchange of words on a thread. But let’s wait until it arrives or it’s just plain talk.

So yes officially this exchange ends now. Thanks for your opinion as well. This is just what the forum is about: opinion exchange. Sometimes we are lucky if someone does a side by side comparison of the rep and gen in hand rather than relying on google or subjective comments.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

Thanks. So what is the real color of the balance bridge and the hands of this rep? Rose gold, copper or other?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

h1hZa4.jpeg

Amazing! Looks good enough for me.