• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THB New Release of AP Royal Oak 15407 Skeleton Openworked with SA3132 Clone Movement

Wesker

Getting To Know The Place
29/1/21
Germany
Puretime posted HD images yesterday.
There’s a few things different from gen but I ordered one anyway :)
The main thing that bothered me on ZF/apsf is the balance bridge size/position and fake balance
Looks also good enough for me. I really don´t care about some small details like second hand and the other stuff mentioned. The main thing is that the watch no longer has that ugly fake balance wheel and that the movement is very close to the original in terms of construction.

I just hope they are going to release the 37mm version, since this is my grail watch.

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
The bracelet don’t sparkle like the gen and I bet the crystal stinks too… if the movement inside was even close to the gen it would not matter because it won’t have that sparkle of quality materials, but hey that’s what you get for 1% of the price. Plastic vs quality

• Haha
Reactions: Guiltycat

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Same as gen, I checked and gen is apparently 9.8mm
Gen is ever so slightly thicker to accommodate the decoration bridges, at 9.9mm but honestly in real life 9.8 and 9.9mm thickness are practically the same in terms of wrist wear.
The rep may have the correct thickness, but bezel outer diameter looks to be too small vs gen. It alters the geometry of the watch once you see it.

Wesker

Getting To Know The Place
29/1/21
Germany
My wrist size is 6.5-6.75 inches. Would this look too large on my wrist?
The problem with the 15407 is the relatively big “lug-to-lug” width of 51mm (gen)...
A small tip: if you don't necessarily have an AP dealer around the corner, you can try on a Tissot PRX in 40mm instead and see how the watch looks on your wrist. The PRX also has an integrated bracelet and 51mm lug to lug just like the 15407.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
The bracelet don’t sparkle like the gen and I bet the crystal stinks too… if the movement inside was even close to the gen it would not matter because it won’t have that sparkle of quality materials, but hey that’s what you get for 1% of the price. Plastic vs quality
A little harsh but yeah I agree with the sentiment the finishing is not the same as ZF level we've seen before. It's a little lackluster in my eyes.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Agreed

I see people most of the times care for the Dial Hands Movement when the biggest problem is the crystal and the sparkle of the steel AP uses

• Haha
Reactions: legend

JaceBeleren

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/6/24
Wait, I feel like I'm being stupid but I can't see where the second balance wheel is in the gen but is missing in the rep. To To me at least it looks like the rep movement matches the gen from the dial side at least extremely closely.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Wait, I feel like I'm being stupid but I can't see where the second balance wheel is in the gen but is missing in the rep. To To me at least it looks like the rep movement matches the gen from the dial side at least extremely closely.
On the same axis as the original.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Agreed

I see people most of the times care for the Dial Hands Movement when the biggest problem is the crystal and the sparkle of the steel AP uses
The greatest issue with the rep APs for me is the wearer.

The modern reps are well made and to make a fair statement, they look pretty convincing to most people who care to look at the watches. But the wearer, possessing knowledge the general population has no access to, often becomes insecure about the flaws of the watch and therefore does not have the confidence and boldness to pull off the watch. It’s about attitude, boldness and confidence, literally the ABC of wearing reps. It’s not even about income level or spending propensity or social class. If someone wears a decent rep confidently it will meld with him to create believability. Modding a watch is often about increasing wearer confidence or satisfying the owner’s wish to have a watch look or feel a certain way.
It all boils down to wearer confidence and what creates that confidence in the wearer. It’s a balance of his knowledge anr perspective vs the same of the general population.

I seriously doubt that the average guy can call out the current version of the 15407 on the wrist in the wild if the wearer carries himself well enough. This holds true for all replica watches actually. Before modding the watch, adjust the ABC of rep wearing and one is already in the league of the extraordinary.

Last edited: