• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sunnydales AR coating round coming, gathering participants

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
I will check all the crystals tomorrow evening and on Saturday, after that you will get a pm from me :) Stay calm guys! I can ship on Sunday!

Thanks for double checking. Has the AR company checked each crystal themselves too and guaranteed they're good? Like no spots?

I'm asking because it wouldn't be fair for them to charge the quoted price for their mistake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
That looks really good, can't wait to get mine back. I'll have more that will need this AR treatment, are you going to be doing this again?

Lets think about this after you will get your crystals back and I have some feedback :) I need to discuss with the coater too. I need at least 60 pcs next time to make it profitable, so I need to make sure their cost will not double because of the work needed (holders etc.).

Thanks for double checking. Has the AR company checked each crystal themselves too and guaranteed they're good? Like no spots?

I'm asking because it wouldn't be fair for them to charge the quoted price for their mistake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yes they have high quality QC checks - initial, after test AR run, after one side, after double side...their standards are much higher than we will ever need with reps. But of course they don't quarantee that the AR will be flawless due to poor quality of the crystals. A lot of crystals had scratches and marks and bad polishing visible, but I have to say that I spotted 1% of those problems they reported after the initial inspection of the crystals when they arrived there. It is a whole different story when you make and coat crystals for optics...that is why they have different standards.

So what I need to check is how the finished crystals look considering flaws on the crystals. I know that their process does not add any more marks but I want owners to understand why the crystal is not 100% flawless. Luckily normally all the small flaws will be hidden when the crystal is installed. My SOH crystal has been coated 3 times and repolished as many times, and I can say it looks just flawless when installed.

Also, of course I make the check so I can report them if there is anything wrong with the AR quality, like uncoated rings on the outer edge of the crystals are too thick or something like that.

Redmondis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/13
Great job sunny, that's why your the king of AR! Can't wait to get the crystal back.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Some shots...next I need pics from you. All participants are obligated to post pics when the crystals are installed!

Some people call 15:00 a daytime, but I find it hard to believe...sorry for the crappy pics. No light.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Ok, now I have made a QC check for all! Superb nice crystals with supa high transmission! The residual reflection is dependent on the crystal quality, all were at least as good looking as my crystals and some were even better :) Some had very minor bluish tint, much smaller than my crystals have.

The only flaw I noticed was on crystal number 24, some light marks on the inner side of the crystal at one corner. The coater mentioned in the initial inspection that the crystal has a big tarnish on the surface. I am sure they cannot be seen once installed, but I am interested to hear feedback from the owner.

I start sending instructions to pay this evening, I will ship once on Saturday and once on Sunday.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Yeah! That's lovely!

Sunny, is it possible that post offices in FIN are open on Sundays? :eek:
I can't wait to have mine installed!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Yeah! That's lovely!

Sunny, is it possible that post offices in FIN are open on Sundays? :eek:
I can't wait to have mine installed!

Yes we have and we are proud of it :) (LOL kidding) Our local food market has also a post office service desk. About 3 mins walk from our apartment.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Don't you waste your time buddy. Just send me the payment instructions ;)

sunnydale

29/8/09
I have now sent the instructions, let me know if you don't receive it in 1 hour or so.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Great guys, 9 payments received already! Seems that you are enthusiastic!

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
I actually have one of the crystals back already. I paid earlier today and sunnydale had it delivered in a few hours! From Europe to USA, haha.

Take a look!! It's so clear!! Just as if the crystal wasn't there. :biggrin-new:

20140131_205013_zps163d4ff3.jpg~original

20140131_205103_zps60183e0f.jpg~original

20140131_205055_zps082d5dd5.jpg~original

sunnydale

29/8/09
Great result DRBAFC! Don't wear it in rain, that crystal is made of sugar!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Great stuff guys, only 2 are left to pay! In less than one day! All packed and ready to ship, will go and ship soon.