• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sunnydales AR coating round coming, gathering participants

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Ate thanks for the update.
Do you believe you ll be able to ship crystals back by the second half of January 2014 or even before?

Did you already plan a second run?

Thank you

sunnydale

29/8/09
Ate thanks for the update.
Do you believe you ll be able to ship crystals back by the second half of January 2014 or even before?

Did you already plan a second run?

Thank you

Well the lab is having holidays week 52 and 1 so it takes a bit more time to get them coated. At this point I would say the crystals should be ready to ship mid Jan. But latest in the end of Jan.

I want to check everything goes well with this run first. And for the next run I need to double the amount, min 60 crystals. So it will take more time to gather those.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Still nothing from: Benjo1020, jonsydney and toehh. No pm, just nothing. If you know these guys, let them know they need to reply to me soon!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Still nothing from: Benjo1020, jonsydney and toehh. No pm, just nothing. If you know these guys, let them know they need to reply to me soon!

Ok, only jonsydney is unclear. My intention is to send crystals to coater on Monday.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
Ok, only jonsydney is unclear. My intention is to send crystals to coater on Monday.

Great! I sent my crystals by express mail just to meet your deadline. Good to know you're keeping to your schedule.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Ok, so now I have taken off the old AR and double checked and packed all the crystals. Unfortunately I found our that I have not received one package that was shipped 1-2 weeks ago. We will check the tracking with the member. Some pics of the process:

Dremel, polishing compound and 80% Vodka:

Pretty easy to take off the old AR but with too small wheel, I had to check many times because small areas were easily left unpolished.

Crystals come with various quality. Some are almost nonvisible when you have a good light from the corner.

Some are just clear, obviously the crystal material is high grade.

I will update the progress, hopefully I can send to coater early next week.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Thanks guys! I am really happy that the coating was pretty easy to get off. Now the new AR should make the best possible effect!

Nice work!

Is the vodka for you or the crystal?

Last night for me, now for cleaning :) The polishing compound is like vax or candle, hard to get off with water.

sunnydale

29/8/09
I am still waiting for crystals from PeteM, unfortunately he has not been active last days at the forum. He said he has sent the crystals but not arrived. I would need a tracking no from him to check.

I would like to get his crystals for this round because he has helped me a lot with the polishing compounds and techniques.

pippo

10/1/10
sunny I think it's no big deal a couple of days more :)

sunnydale

29/8/09
Hi guys, your crystals are in good hands. The coater is having holidays weeks 52 and 1 so they start doing holder modifications week 2. So the timetable is still the same, from mid Jan to end of Jan.

PeteM crystals were unfortunately left outside the round...

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Excellent, thanks for the update, Ate, hope your Christmas went well.!

pippo

10/1/10
Happy 2014 to everyone!!

Sunny any news? :D
I obviously cannot wait to get the crystal back. :)

sunnydale

29/8/09
Happy 2014 to everyone!!

Sunny any news? :D
I obviously cannot wait to get the crystal back. :)

Hi mate! The coater is making changes to their holders and as soon as it is done, they start coating. Coating includes a trial round and the actual coating of the crystals.

I will let you all know when they inform me about the progress again! I am as thrilled as you are :)

jonsydney

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/09
Hi guys, I literally just popped back into this thread out of curiosity to see progress and saw my name mentioned a few pages prior. My sincere apologies if I've caused any hold ups in this project. I had previously indicated interest but am no longer in a position to participate.

All the best with the project and sorry again!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2