• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sunnydales AR coating round coming, gathering participants

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
disclaimer: I have discussed about this with Trailboss so he is aware what I am doing.

AR COATING ROUND COMING! KEEP READING! ONLY 30 CRYSTALS WILL BE COATED!

First of all, if you are not familiar with my AR coating quality, check these threads:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/my-search-for-121231?t=121231

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fs-42-mm-137608?t=137608

I have now agreed with my best AR coating lab that we make a coating round for crystals that are not all the same size. They can easily coat 100-150 similar crystals in one round but if the crystals are all from different watches and hence different size and thickness, it gets a lot more difficult.

So what I offer:

- one round, my best AR coating, double side coating
- 30 crystals only for this round
- coating will be done in EU

What you need to remember:

- this is the first round for my coater when there is a lot of different crystals in one round. They will check all crystals for refractive index and adjust the parameters accordingly but they have not done this before.
- if the end result is not what it should be, I will not charge you but I will not either give you any compensation.
- 0.3-0.5 mm ring will leave uncoated on the outer edge of the crystal. It has been the same for all of my crystals so it is not a problem but some of you nitpickers might get mad.
- ONLY CRYSTALS SMALLER THAN 35 MM FOR THIS ROUND!
- Updated! You can send information of bigger crystals too and I will check if the coater can coat those!

I have coated 5-6 different crystals at the same time they have coated some other crystals and every time the result has been the same so I am pretty sure it will work out as expected.

What I need from you:

- as my coated has to check in advance that they have correct sized holders for the crystals, I need to have the diameter and thickness of your crystal first.
--> send me a PM about this. When you send me a PM with measurements, I see that as an order. DON'T SEND IF YOU ARE NOT SURE!

When I have dimensions for 30 crystals, I will send them to my lab and they will check if they have correct holders. Making a new holder is expensive so I will not do those.

Only after they have confirmed that they have holders, you can send me your crystals.

What is the price and time taken:

- for this first round the price is usd63 + shipping back for double side coating of your crystal. No profit for me basically - only a big risk :thumbsup:
- after I get all the crystals, it takes 3 weeks to coat them. Getting them back, checking them and sending them to you takes 1 more week.

What else? Hopefully there is enough interest! After this round is a success, I can take more crystals for one round.

Oh, and one thing that needs to be checked: how to take old AR off the crystal! Let me know if you know how to do it properly, I will also discuss about it with the coater. It costs too much if they do it...

I reserve the right to call this off if the coater does not have holders. But I am dead serious with this stuff and want to make it happen! No money from members before the coating round is done and I show the results here!

Thanks!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Im in! My Luminox could use this.... ;)

pippo

10/1/10
I am in too for my Mark XVI crystal, blue hue is a must

shaidx

15/7/12
man i gotta measure my roo crystal. i doubt it is smaller than 35mm though :/

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
that can be really tempting...

Wish I knew the size of my crystal...

sunnydale

29/8/09
Some addition, this is my best and latest AR, bluish hue. The spec is exactly the same as in my 42 mm PO crystals. Very durable and as good as Omega AR.

And about the diameter, I really need exact diameter for the coater, not just 30-32 mm, needs to be 32,8 mm for example.

pippo

10/1/10
sunnydale please update the topic with the number of subscriptions as soon as we have at least 20 partecipants.
I need to know when it's time to take my watch apart, I cannot wait!!

Thanks mate ;)

sunnydale

29/8/09
sunnydale please update the topic with the number of subscriptions as soon as we have at least 20 partecipants.
I need to know when it's time to take my watch apart, I cannot wait!!

Thanks mate ;)

I will, pretty slow start, only 3-4 participants at the moment.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Damn it, my crystal diameter is 36.9mm :( 1.9mm too big for this round. Gutted.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I'm guessing the 3777 crystal will be too large for this!

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I feel more would take up this offer if size was larger, I know I would!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Have you received my PM mate?

Replied!

I feel more would take up this offer if size was larger, I know I would!

Yes I know. It is not because I decided only take smaller than 35 mm crystals, it is because of the coater. It will cost 450 euros to make a new holder so if you are not ready to pay, it is a no go this time.

BUT, you can inform me about bigger crystals too, I will then send that information also to coater and check what they say. Maybe they can do something for it. But I still need 30 crystals that are smaller than 35 mm for this first round...UPO for example is only around 32-33 mm.

Can anyone confirm?

I just measured, 37.5 mm.