• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sunnydales AR coating round coming, gathering participants

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Thanks for he heads up. Will have to wait and see about larger sizes.

What about applying AR to a cyclops, and Aquaracer crystal? Smaller than the Carrera one.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Thanks for he heads up. Will have to wait and see about larger sizes.

What about applying AR to a cyclops, and Aquaracer crystal? Smaller than the Carrera one.

No cyclops this time and nothing that needs modding from my side. Lets try to have a soft start for the coater, this is something they don't do normally.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
Yes I know. It is not because I decided only take smaller than 35 mm crystals, it is because of the coater. It will cost 450 euros to make a new holder so if you are not ready to pay, it is a no go this time.

Will a new holder take crystals of any size or at specifically 37.5mm, for instance?

If it can take different sizes, I'd be willing to help pay for the holder. I'm sure there are enough of us with the larger crystals willing to chip in. At least, I'd hope so.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Will a new holder take crystals of any size or at specifically 37.5mm, for instance?

If it can take different sizes, I'd be willing to help pay for the holder. I'm sure there are enough of us with the larger crystals willing to chip in. At least, I'd hope so.

Unfortunately one holder is made for only one size. If the size difference is too big, either the crystal will not stay in the holder or bigger part of the crystal outer edge will be left uncoated.

To my understanding one holder can hold many crystals. But as said before, I need to have this first round done without any extra work for the coater, they really have more business in other, "real" customers. They are really helpful and willing to work with me, but there is already a lot of new stuff for them even without the oversized crystals. I don't want to make them feel that I need everything extra compared to their other customers.

toehh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/11
I too would be very interested if the crystal size could be bigger!

I'm a very very big fan of your PO crystal AR

sunnydale

29/8/09
I too would be very interested if the crystal size could be bigger!

I'm a very very big fan of your PO crystal AR

You can inform me about bigger crystals too, I will then send that information also to coater and check what they say. Maybe they can do something for it.

But I still need 30 crystals that are smaller than 35 mm for this first round...UPO for example is only around 32-33 mm.

Redmondis

13/4/13
would love to get the wife's Omega Ladymatic DeVille done, but being under 30mm I assume it won't qualify?

Edit: It is between 27-28mm (will need to get the calipers on it). If this size is acceptable I will definitely be in!!

HarleyMo

26/2/13
I'll have to wait til the next batch. My timewalker is 38mm

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4

sunnydale

29/8/09
would love to get the wife's Omega Ladymatic DeVille done, but being under 30mm I assume it won't qualify?

Edit: It is between 27-28mm (will need to get the calipers on it). If this size is acceptable I will definitely be in!!

No problems with your glass, just let me know the size.

I'll have to wait til the next batch. My timewalker is 38mm

I have already said that please let me know if you have bigger sized crystal than 35 mm. I will let the coater know all the sizes so they can check if they can do something.

So no limitations for crystal size but I cannot quarantee +35 mm crystals will be ok - will do my best! Anyway the check is done before the round so I will let you know if your crystal is not ok so you don't have to send it to me.

Ok?

HarleyMo

26/2/13
No problems with your glass, just let me know the size.

I have already said that please let me know if you have bigger sized crystal than 35 mm. I will let the coater know all the sizes so they can check if they can do something.

So no limitations for crystal size but I cannot quarantee +35 mm crystals will be ok - will do my best! Anyway the check is done before the round so I will let you know if your crystal is not ok so you don't have to send it to me.

Ok?

Ok, that would be great. I just need enough notice so I can get the crystal out of the watch

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
My crystal is approx 37.5 from the 3777. Do you remove old ar or is this service only for non coated crystals?

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Seems he wants crystals without previous ar unless a tried and trusted method can be used to remove it completely and economically. I'll pass this time round but will watch with interest!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Seems he wants crystals without previous ar unless a tried and trusted method can be used to remove it completely and economically. I'll pass this time round but will watch with interest!

I will find good way to take the AR off so you don't have to worry.

If all are waiting for the next round, the first will not happen :thumbsup:

sunnydale

29/8/09
sunnydale, any update?

Come on folks!!

Sorry, no new participants for days, only around 5 at this point.

This is how my AR will change your watch, the dial will really pop out and the crystal will disappear (old 42 mm PO pics from members, comparing the rep crystal AR and my crystal AR). You will get exactly the same AR applied to your crystal in this AR round!

One of my comparison pics:

Here is my old 3717 with the same AR:

Can't get better than this!

And once again, I am taking bigger crystals than 35 mm too, so let me know if you have one. The coater will check what they can do with bigger crystals.

Redmondis

13/4/13
Great Pic's Sunny!

Only 25 Places Left!

One of the BEST Mods You Can Do For Your Favorite REP!

MY SUNNYDALE PROJECT: Omega Ladymatic DeVille Watch

I bought this Rep for my better half as a present which she loved.

Overall this is an excellent rep watch. The factory dissected a Genuine

watch to produce it. The dial is the truly outstanding feature of this watch.

The case, engraving, clasp, hands etc all make this a very well done effort.

UNFORTUNATELY the factory got the job 95% done and then FELL down at

the final hurdle missing the opportunity to make this watch one of the

GREAT female reps.

This watch comes with a Sapphire crystal with no AR coating, and I feel it

totally lets the watch down. In fact I believe the Crystal is the major TELL

that this watch is a replica as reflections from many angles make the dial

Look FOGGY, which hides rather than showcases the beautiful dial :(

See Pictures:

901FeyB.jpg

1LOOgXl.jpg

zPwpBD1.jpg

Enter SUNNYDALE

zF2gLcM.png

Sunnydale is known to many in the rep community for his premium AR

Coated crystals. He is a man who probably can't sleep at night knowing

a watch doesn't have the crystal that does it justice! We've seen the amazing

Transformations his Omega PO crystals have made. Now we have his latest

Project. The chance to elevate many of the really good reps to SUPER REP

status with a professional GEN quality AR coating.

I am very EXCITED to have secured my place in this EXCLUSIVE first (and

possibly only Custom AR Coating). For a very reasonable price Sunnydale

will deliver my crystal back to me with a double AR extremely close to the

Genuine Omega crystal. I will post pictures to show the difference once installed.

Crystal Removal

I didn't want to do this myself so I took it to my local Watch shop.

He removed the crystal for free, and will charge me a small fee when it

is reassembled - infact he's very interested to see the results of this project!

In Summary

DON'T MISS OUT!!