• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
And some details

zBNb8i.jpg

zBN0AX.jpg

zBNGFc.jpg

zBNFpI.jpg

zBNfa4.jpg

TopGs

Horology Curious
26/8/22
So after asking thinking about low budget options I pulled the trigger on a Cordes Gustav Ammo strap, Cordes is a true pleasure to deal with. His fast communication and guidance (for a first timer!) was much appreciated. A really nice guy who talked through the process and provided really interesting images of the process of my strap being made along the way. I'm super happy with the results - its super soft and comfortable and smells great!! I also have a black calf leather on the way from Martu. Thanks for all the help along the way - especially to donkacper

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Any experience with kyros Straps? Worth the price? Or is bosphurus or another Maker best bet in the 100 - 200 Euro class ?

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Any experience with kyros Straps? Worth the price? Or is bosphurus or another Maker best bet in the 100 - 200 Euro class ?
Kyros is not bad, maybe a little overpriced. I only bought their vintage straps for 160, they also have that historical collection for 200 but that is IMO too high.
Bosphorus is good, but a little different style and not my favorite, also their straps are too expensive at the moment especially with current USD/EUR exchange rate.
You can get plenty of beautiful straps for around 120 - 140 eur, Xamlam is a good example, Attirail also, Oleg Stepenko is also great in that price range. Thomas Leather is also perfect quality but a little more expensive.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thenut

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Has someone any experience with a good strap maker for nice canvas straps?

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Has someone any experience with a good strap maker for nice canvas straps?
Yes, plenty, all depends on how much you want to pay.
When it comes to canvas, from my experience Bosphorus and Xamlam are very good.
Dr. Phill is also good and much cheaper.

Reactions: domiffm

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Yes, plenty, all depends on how much you want to pay.
When it comes to canvas, from my experience Bosphorus and Xamlam are very good.
Dr. Phill is also good and much cheaper.
Thanks mate, will have a look!

ComNero

16/5/19
Hey guys,hope that make a question here about strap option won’t be disappointing for anyone…
Would like to ask,what could be a nice rubber strap for 24 and 26 lug size?
Would love something really quality and with a sort of vintage feeling…
Bonetto looks good but not easy to find in 24 with a good length (something around 140/85).
Let me know if you have any suggestions and maybe pics to share :)

Merdydirty

Known Member
Certified
24/4/22
San Francisco
So after asking thinking about low budget options I pulled the trigger on a Cordes Gustav Ammo strap, Cordes is a true pleasure to deal with. His fast communication and guidance (for a first timer!) was much appreciated. A really nice guy who talked through the process and provided really interesting images of the process of my strap being made along the way. I'm super happy with the results - its super soft and comfortable and smells great!! I also have a black calf leather on the way from Martu. Thanks for all the help along the way - especially to donkacper

Oh I love this color, anything cognac like is the way to go. I have a black dial Panerai as well, I wonder if they have straps with black stitching on this model..

manutanc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/22
Italy
I had a discussion about ammo straps with one of the makers today and took a pic of some of my ammos so why not share it with you strap freaks? :)
I had a discussion about ammo straps with one of the makers today and took a pic of some of my ammos so why not share it with you strap freaks? :)

zBEA53.jpg
great straps

advise me where to buy a good product but with a cost under 100 euros / dollars?

manutanc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/22
Italy

zBEA53.jpg
great straps

advise me where to buy a good product but with a cost under 100 euros / dollars?

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
You can try Dr.Phil
Or you can buy some used straps from me ;)