• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

Merdydirty

Known Member
Certified
24/4/22
San Francisco
Hi all, I am looking for some high quality and long a$$ nato/zulus, like 300mm minimum. What is seemingly available are filmsy pieces of crap. I need thick and long (don’t start with that’s what she said jokes), and I am all ears.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere. I was tempted to start a thread but didn’t want to draw to much attention to the matter but especially as a trusted strap maker on two, wanted everyone to know none the less - Simona DiStefano passed away and is no longer with us.

I don’t know what’s going on with her business but her site is down. She was always a pleasure to deal with and a true professional/craftsman and artist at what she did.

• Sad
Reactions: up_right

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere. I was tempted to start a thread but didn’t want to draw to much attention to the matter but especially as a trusted strap maker on two, wanted everyone to know none the less - Simona DiStefano passed away and is no longer with us.

I don’t know what’s going on with her business but her site is down. She was always a pleasure to deal with and a true professional/craftsman and artist at what she did.
I feel the same way, only have good memories from dealing with Simona, was very sad to hear that news.

Reactions: ellocity

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
A very talented artist, pioneer and truly lovely lady. May she rest in peace.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
As a follow up to the Corrigia story, I've told them that I didn't like what they sent me as replacement because it is a totally different strap and that I will send it back, there was no comment from them after that.
So I did send it back, the package was waiting at their post office to be picked up for over 3 weeks, they didn't pick it up, now it's on it's way back to me. So besides the great straps the service is also premium. Looks like a sure "Do not buy ever again" for me ;)
Hello guys,

My story with Corrigia continues. After receiving that strap back because they didn't pick it up from post office I've decided to send it again along with the first faulty strap, so I packed them both and added a short note inside, explaining the situation again, explaining how I can not understand such treatment for a client with multiple orders, also added all my contact info, etc.
This time the package also was not delivered at first, then spent a few days at the post office and then finally they picked it up!

That was over a month ago and I received absolutely zero communication from Corrigia regarding this, no communication, no refunds, no straps, total silence.
I don't think there is another asshole among strap makers like this guy, sorry guys but I am quite frustrated and I hope you understand.

Anyway, potential buyers, BEWARE.

• Angry
Reactions: up_right and thenut

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
That was over a month ago and I received absolutely zero communication from Corrigia regarding this, no communication, no refunds, no straps, total silence.
I don't think there is another asshole among strap makers like this guy, sorry guys but I am quite frustrated and I hope you understand.

Anyway, potential buyers, BEWARE.
Thanks for sharing your negative experience K. It's amazing just how far Corrigia has fallen in both quality of workmanship and customer service. A friend told me that Cengio is more focused on his watches these days, though I cannot say if that is actually the case.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
So from a negative, lets switch to a positive...

Here are 2 straps from my recent order with Cordes. As always it was a true pleasure...

These are both made from gustav ammo - the green one was dyed using a custom mix that Cordes formulates which results in a lovely rich colour tone and depth. Both straps were stitched as close to the edge as possible, highlighting his incredible skill and precision. The brown strap has a lovely bronze buckle which I will use with either my 968 or 671 (or future 382):

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Thanks for sharing your negative experience K. It's amazing just how far Corrigia has fallen in both quality of workmanship and customer service. A friend told me that Cengio is more focused on his watches these days, though I cannot say if that is actually the case.
Even if he is focused on watches he is still selling straps for 200 Eur a piece, so I don't see any explanation for this kind of behavior.

Reactions: Karlchen and thenut

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU

Here are 2 straps from my recent order with Cordes. As always it was a true pleasure...

These are both made from gustav ammo - the green one was dyed using a custom mix that Cordes formulates which results in a lovely rich colour tone and depth. Both straps were stitched as close to the edge as possible, highlighting his incredible skill and precision. The brown strap has a lovely bronze buckle which I will use with either my 968 or 671 (or future 382):
David is a great guy and it is always a grat pleasure to deal with him, his straps for some reason are not my favourites but no one can deny that he has some serious skill :)

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
David is a great guy and it is always a grat pleasure to deal with him, his straps for some reason are not my favourites but no one can deny that he has some serious skill :)

This is why we don't all drive around in the same make / model cars - personal tastes!

Reactions: donkacper

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Any chance anybody can snap a pic of a 140 x 80 sized strap on your wrist? My wrist is around 7.75” right now and I want to go with this size.

I have a 125x75 on my 382 but I have to remove the second keeper from the short side as the long side just barely fits under the first sewn in keeper.

Just want to make sure 140 isn’t too big

Andrey_PAM

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/22
UA
IMG_5268.JPG

Woundup - Green is very good. Where did you buy it, what thickness and price ?​

Reactions: up_right

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas

Where did you order from? Cordesleather.com appears to be shut down…these look amazing