• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stealthy non-alcoholic beer and wine options

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
I've always liked this watch.... I'm not quite sure why I couldn't wear it... maybe the gold? Maybe I just don't think I could pull it off? As for jangly.. that's all part of the charm of 5 Digits!
The thing is, I’ve always been a 5 digit man. Perhaps one day I shall justify that 16800 with applied indices which calls to me.

The better half rarely expresses an opinion on my watch buying, this one she did not like well before I bought it - this had been one she basically said “no, thou shall not buy it”, so I did anyway at risk of immense time confined to the couch to sleep, and yeah she had my number on it.

It’s the “dress watch which has been hit with the gold” - I like it, I see others on this forum pull it off spectacularly and I’ve had a gen TT DJ before… but I don’t think I can do gold on a tool watch vibe myself.

I drowned my sorrows in more Free Dam, anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackster

xray7

Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
They baited me with Paulaner on the menu - clearly to entice me, and only me - and then they switched on me.

All told, there are worse ways to spend a Sunday afternoon on a British high street.

• Haha
Reactions: Itto and Got20Mate

xray7

Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Bit of a shit storm at the mo I see.....
Travel warnings are more of a suggestion than a rule. Tends to make the flights cheaper, too.

What are the chances that if civil unrest breaks out this week, and then order is restored via riot baton, that aforesaid civil unrest may manifest once again next week?

Reactions: Got20Mate

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Travel warnings are more of a suggestion than a rule. Tends to make the flights cheaper, too.

What are the chances that if civil unrest breaks out this week, and then order is restored via riot baton, that aforesaid civil unrest may manifest once again next week?
Agree. It's still a little bit crazy and concerning to say the least. I'm on holiday at the moment I'm the continent, might stay here for a bit longer 😂

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
@xray7 We must be getting close to a decent list of try and don't try now?

xray7

Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
No picture to share of the Lucky Saint I tried at the Troxy tonight (not bad, not terrible - I’ll give this a proper go again soon) as the bar staff were obliged to decant it into a plastic cup as we can’t be trusted with cans these days, so instead, here is Marc Rebillet and I flexing our respective Swatches.

Last edited:

Midas

Older Gentleman
Patron
5/7/24
Thanks for lists and reviews. There is a lot of truth in the country song "Your not much fun since I quit drinkin".

Thanks

David, Older Gentleman

xray7

Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Never heard of the bloke... interesting Bio on him on Wikipedia
We got to meet him pre show and have a chat out the back. One of the others in the green room with us was kind enough to remind him that a couple of years ago he was still working customer service type roles, and he didn’t want to have too deep a chat about it.

Jellygolf&watches

2/8/24
Belgium
Got around to trying the Lucky Saint at home out of a glass bottle. Aftertaste not to my liking. Won’t be one I do often.
Thank you for sharing 🙏
The thing is, I’ve always been a 5 digit man. Perhaps one day I shall justify that 16800 with applied indices which calls to me.

The better half rarely expresses an opinion on my watch buying, this one she did not like well before I bought it - this had been one she basically said “no, thou shall not buy it”, so I did anyway at risk of immense time confined to the couch to sleep, and yeah she had my numbe on it.

It’s the “dress watch which has been hit with the gold” - I like it, I see others on this forum pull it off spectacularly and I’ve had a gen TT DJ before… but I don’t think I can do gold on a tool watch vibe myself.

I drowned my sorrows in more Free D