• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stealthy non-alcoholic beer and wine options

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
As this British summer exhales its last few gasps and we saunter back into the cool damp fugue of normality, you can tell I’ve really had to press myself for new non-alcoholic options as I got this bugger from Aldi, and it is firmly in keeping with the weather - a cool, damp fugue, a real beer flavour and a lack of terrible after taste.

Extra points for the Euro style 500ml bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: JASPER18

JASPER18

Known Member
Supporter
18/1/21
Northern England
As this British summer exhales its last few gasps and we saunter back into the cool damp fugue of normality, you can tell I’ve really had to press myself for new non-alcoholic options as I got this bugger from Aldi, and it is firmly in keeping with the weather - a cool, damp fugue, a real beer flavour and a lack of terrible after taste.

Extra points for the Euro style 500ml bottle.

A half point off, bottles too long for the wine cooler 😉

xray7

Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Here’s one I’ve been meaning to get to for a while. Do note my wife loves the mood lighting.

A little bit of an aftertaste on this one of which I’m not a big fan.

Reactions: JASPER18

316lad

Renowned Member
8/8/23
UK
I enjoy a "Gunner's" -- in a pint glass - very refreshing in hot weather and looks like a pint of lager if Stealthy is the theme here.

Pint glass - couple of cubes of ice if you want
I mixer bottle Ginger Ale
1 mixer bottle Ginger Beer
Top up with Soda Water with a splash of Lime Cordial
2 or 3 drops Angustura Bitters if you wish.

Reactions: xray7 and JASPER18

xray7

Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
I enjoy a "Gunner's" -- in a pint glass - very refreshing in hot weather and looks like a pint of lager if Stealthy is the theme here.

Pint glass - couple of cubes of ice if you want
I mixer bottle Ginger Ale
1 mixer bottle Ginger Beer
Top up with Soda Water with a splash of Lime Cordial
2 or 3 drops Angustura Bitters if you wish.
I quite like the sound of that.

Reactions: 316lad

WatchN3RD

Gold Patron
24/7/18
Is this a real thread? Dudes, at least in the US, a tonic water with a lime is not even noticeable.
The tonic is so sweet, you think you're drinking... lime tells anyone staring at you that you have a vodka drink. Just toss a small straw in there if it didn't come with one.
It does have excess sugar, but if I wasn't drinking, that's what I would be drinking. If I was going to be stealthy!

xray7

Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Pictures were taken. Beers were drunk. Reviews were not written.

Points for big bottle, but lost ground on questionable aftertaste.

xray7

Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
It’s taken me three bottles of it over a week or so but I’m coming around to this one. I really wanted to love it but the taste was all wrong… initially, at least. But it’s growing on me.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
If I don't want to drink alcohol and don't want to advertise it I just put some sparkling water in a glass with some ice cubes and lemon slices. Nobody bats an eye.