• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stealthy non-alcoholic beer and wine options

xray7

Behold!
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
The Grolsch Radler stays one of my favourites, albeit a little too sweet
KJRGKi.md.jpeg
I’ll be looking for that this weekend, I used to smack the Grolsch when I was a lad.

xray7

Behold!
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Not a fan. Too much punch on the flavour for me these days. If anyone is familiar with Little Creatures, this is a close approximation.

Last edited:

TubeGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
2/2/24
So California
Drinking buddies are not necessarily real friends. Real friends are not necessarily drinking buddies. Drinking was a crutch for me to be at ease socially but I got over that when I realized how soft that was.

Wow. Interesting thread. I'm 66 now and stopped at 27 after running my ass into the ground.

Relationships based on getting loaded went by the wayside. I'd say only a handful still remain.

I have a number of friends, business associates, and employees that stopped just because of diet, medical, or just wanting to live straight arrow. I don't judge or question anyone's drinking.

DJ16013

Bettarini Case Fanatic
Supporter
Certified
8/8/11
EU - Italy
Love this thread.

During the pandemic alcohol was my best friend. After some YouTube videos made me realize the long term effect on my body, and after measuring those effects thanks to modern technology (Garmin body battery thank you) I made a decision to drastically cut the alcohol intake to 1 unit per week.

That was the moment when I realized the market for non alcoholic beers was now rampant.

My current favourite is now the Claustahler unfiltered, but I also like more common options (in Italy at least) as Forst 0.0, Moretti zero and Nastro Azzurro zero.

Here's a jem from my last visit to Prague:

Ciao

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Claustahler unfiltered
I have not seen that one in a long long time. I remember Claustahler being the avant garde of non alcoholic beers even in the 80s.

xray7

Behold!
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Love this thread.

During the pandemic alcohol was my best friend. After some YouTube videos made me realize the long term effect on my body, and after measuring those effects thanks to modern technology (Garmin body battery thank you) I made a decision to drastically cut the alcohol intake to 1 unit per week.

That was the moment when I realized the market for non alcoholic beers was now rampant.

My current favourite is now the Claustahler unfiltered, but I also like more common options (in Italy at least) as Forst 0.0, Moretti zero and Nastro Azzurro zero.

Here's a jem from my last visit to Prague:

Ciao

In my Czech years, Staropramen was a mainstay. I’ve been looking for the zero for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: Art Vandelay

xray7

Behold!
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
This thing, unexpectedly, has come out of the gate so hard and performed so well, it may well have dislodged Peroni Zero.

Properly beer, and delicious - absolutely delicious - out of an ice cold can.

Last edited:
Reactions: JASPER18 and ck7747

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
The watch and the beer arrived today, and as much as I want to like them both, I can assuredly say the beer is not for me… the BP 16613LB is perhaps just a bit too rattly.

I've always liked this watch.... I'm not quite sure why I couldn't wear it... maybe the gold? Maybe I just don't think I could pull it off? As for jangly.. that's all part of the charm of 5 Digits!

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
This one was bloody good.

I was expecting this one to slap my tastebuds around a wee bit, but it was rather gentle, and cut right through a bit of microwave Jalfreezi.
Had these a few weekends ago, very good