• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stealthy non-alcoholic beer and wine options

BrunoInNorCal

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/23
California
I have also given up alcohol for good and now consider myself an NA beer aficionado. Athletic Brewing in the states is the best stuff I’ve tried. Want to sample Peroni 0.0 but hard to find. I salute you in your quest and love comparing notes! So many people giving it up
Lately, I feel like it’s a trend
Agreed. I'm enjoying an Athletic Run Wild IPA as I write. Medium body and carbonation, pours golden with a slight head that dissipates, some lacing on the glass. First smell is hops. Hop-forward taste of grapefruit. Malt lingers on palate as I swallow, finish is long and hoppy.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Had an alcohol free Hazy Jany by Brewdog yester. Forgot to take a picture. Really enjoyed that as the OG Hazy Jane is one of my favourites
Had that before, rated it. It's a better offering than the Brewdog Punk IPA

suffolkdiver

Known Member
16/2/24
UK
If I'm in a pub and driving I'll have orange juice. Might have one or two beers a week now, or a good single malt

Reactions: Got20Mate

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
The uphill of positivity didn’t “level off” for me until 24 months - so do keep at it.
That's a long ol' while - Fair play. I just love having the options without the "rubbish". Reminds me of thinking about how vegetarians didn't have the wealth of options they had 20 years now compared to now

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
"Our beers are brewed with Social Blend™, our proprietary alcohol alternative made from a blend of science-backed ingredients, designed to replicate the sensory, social and relaxing experience of drinking."

I want to know what's in it that's making me buzzy! Gotta be wary of the buzzwords and pseudoscience

Gotta try it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: C Master

xray7

How deliciously absurd.
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
"Our beers are brewed with Social Blend™, our proprietary alcohol alternative made from a blend of science-backed ingredients, designed to replicate the sensory, social and relaxing experience of drinking."

I want to know what's in it that's making me buzzy! Gotta be wary of the buzzwords and pseudoscience

Gotta try it
While life is absolutely bombarded with and by advertising messaging, the drink game is all about the advertising.

JASPER18

Known Member
Supporter
18/1/21
Northern England

Gotta try it
I'll have a half !

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I don’t know how others first tasted alcohol
My first exposures to alcohol were at 6 (welcome to Ireland). Neither of my parents drank. My first was my Grandfather (who was actually from Italy but moved to the UK when he was 2). I never heard him speak but he used to offer me sips of Guinness from his glass while he listened to the radio. The second was at a funeral where it seemed to be a thing for young men at the time to offer kids bottles of Guinness that were used as ashtrays, I can still taste the ash in my mouth.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Kff0c3.jpeg

Reactions: C Master

Peaker92

Horology Curious
19/4/24
Please do feel free to add to the list or disgaree with my own assessments - my opinion is worth what one paid for it.
Lucky Saint is great lager. Not just compared to other alcohol free, but great full stop. They do an ipa now which is decent too.

Best thing is some pubs do it on draft. The thing I miss when not drinking is having a genuine pint in a pub garden with mates, and this solves that.

Let me know if you try it!

xray7

How deliciously absurd.
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Lucky Saint is great lager. Not just compared to other alcohol free, but great full stop. They do an ipa now which is decent too.

Best thing is some pubs do it on draft. The thing I miss when not drinking is having a genuine pint in a pub garden with mates, and this solves that.

Let me know if you try it!
I miss beer garden culture more than you can imagine as a man who used to while away the hours drinking excellent, cheap European beer in the summer time, either in a beer garden, or river adjacent.

The absolute punch in the face I got when in London for the day getting ready to move there from continental Europe, at a lunch meeting in what they call The City (as though there is only one City) and shelling out literally 5x what I paid the night before for the same bloody beer, was ominous, but I pressed on.

Shall give Lucky Saint a go next time I see it in a venue.

Anyway - for now… I’m indulging my German heritage.

KfcQCW.jpeg

Und live aus Ostengland, es ist Samstagabend!

Last edited:

xray7

How deliciously absurd.
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles

alkoholfrei Radler.
Completely forgot the standard Paulaner no alcohol, not the radler, had been my go to when I used to hit up Munich Cricket Club in Canary Wharf for lunch or dinner on a semi regular basis for a time.

A bit too much of the full feeling on this one for my stomach to allow me to go more than two bottles, but still very nice.

Last edited:

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Completely forgot the standard Paulaner no alcohol, not the radler, had been my go to when I used to hit up Munich Cricket Club in Canary Wharf for lunch or dinner on a semi regular basis for a time.

A bit too much of the full feeling on this one for my stomach to allow me to go more than two bottles, but still very nice.

Since you mentioned Munich, get you another one. Still Radler but not Alkoholfrei, 2.5% is almost Alkoholfrei, right?

xray7

How deliciously absurd.
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
After ducking Covid for a very long while, it got me good on Sunday. Straight after I tested positive, I hit the fridge for whatever non alcoholic goodness might be my last taste of anything - Corona with lime it was!