• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stealthy non-alcoholic beer and wine options

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
This is definitely my go to when I am going out and do not want to pay €70 for a taxi to get home. I actually had one on draught today after going out for lunch. I was driving so hassle free and it tastes great.

I have only had it out of a can once or twice.

I also am a big fan of Erdinger alcohol free.
This is the kicker, the taxi albeit hugely convenient adds an element of cost to the otherwise 8 pint bender I don't really need to be going on. I just wanna go out and enjoy myself, without the fuss of being blurry the following day. Feel like I'm talking myself up here, I'm not at all.

Gotta try the Erdinger offering!

Reactions: C Master

Action_Jensen

Known Member
20/4/21
Oh man all that Guinness talk makes me want to try some.
Pretty much made the same expiriences as a lot of you guys. As i get older social circumstances change and also my tolerance.. plus hangovers that last days now are simply not worth it.
I certainly enjoy the one or another cold one in the summer time but it is not like it used to be. I also know the feeling of drinking too much in phases of stress or sadness.
I never liked to drink on midday lunch meetings so i always liked some non alcohol beer and fortunately here in germany there is a lot to choose from.
My picks:
Jever Fun (favourite), Erdinger Weißbier Alkoholfrei, Becks Blue, Warsteiner Alcohol free (extra bitter)

• Love

Adam123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/17
ASD_0.0__330ml_BOTTLE_SHADOW_RGB_ALCFREE.png

Reactions: xray7 and C Master

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
IMG-1510.webp

I'm partial to a drop of this, lots of pubs here are stocking it.
although I do need to put it in a glass, I of the old school “can’t go into a pub and drink pop” :lol:

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Picked up some Guinness to try this evening, not on tap I know, but worth trying anything.

Some of these Germany offerings also look super interesting

xray7

How deliciously absurd.
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
I have officially escaped London (assuredly not a loss to London) to a commuter city and happened upon these options at the local Sainsbury’s the other night. I shall gradually work my way though these over the summer.

xray7

How deliciously absurd.
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
I don’t know how others first tasted alcohol - whether you snuck dad’s beers and shotgunned them beneath the bleachers furtively as a teen, or if you perhaps were allowed to raid the liquor cabinet as though it were not actually locked… but here’s how I first had a diluted beer.

I haven’t had something like this in many years, and in having a drink of this last night bought on a whim… I stepped through time.

Warm summer nights in the 90s, knee high to a grasshopper, sipping a shandy in suburbia at sunset - I had no idea what it was to be cool, I just liked what I was drinking. I need to contextualise how we got to this first, though.

Despite the wall of options at the Sainsbury’s shown earlier in this thread… what I left with was this.

My dad’s a weird combination of upbringing conditions - continental European and British thanks to his folks, son of a war veteran and a refugee, then he was brought up elsewhere. We had a very famous neighbour who dad scared the absolute living shit out of between a loud voice and crazy shit like throwing knives with me in the backyard as a very young kid - doing some very trailer park tier stuff in an upper middle class suburb for a few years like it was normal while other kids rode bikes… then he put on his suit and tie and would go be corporate all week. It was like a harder edged Malcolm In The Middle vibe.

In keeping with the European vibe of letting a kid try wine, dad’s spin on it was that when we were having dinner as a family on a hot night, outside, sat around a big, inelegant green picnic table, he drank beer, and I drank a concoction of beer and lemonade called a Shandy as an 8 or 9 year old. Mum did NOT like it. I absolutely loved it.

Last edited:

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Ah man. That's some good options on Sainsbury's, will have to check out. I've been a fan of lucky saint over the last few years, but found the taste was a bit metallic after a while. I can't quite describe it better than that

JASPER18

Known Member
Supporter
18/1/21
Northern England
Fascinating thread, I’m now 8 months without and unexpectedly have both seen and enjoyed the physical/ mental changes. Here’s my current drink of choice and one I’d certainly recommend. Enjoy the weekend!

• Love
Reactions: C Master and xray7