• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Social status and purchase Replica

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I detail cars as a side hobby and Ive worked on a number of those SLs. It was indeed a real treat in the end to drive them.

Reactions: APjumbo

t.m.m

Known Member
Certified
10/11/23
Nuremberg, Germany
I detail cars as a side hobby and Ive worked on a number of those SLs. It was indeed a real treat in the end to drive them.
A shame they stopped this engine, but it was too much torque... Never had a problem with, not even with the ABC system, and the sound is unbeatable.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
This is one of my 4 MB's, built in my workshops by me.

Reactions: EarlOfBacon

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I just wanted a basic black one lowered an inch on monoblocks

Looks like I may have missed the boat on the 10K price range.

Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
A shame they stopped this engine, but it was too much torque... Never had a problem with, not even with the ABC system, and the sound is unbeatable.

I've also still got an S55 K, as well as a second R170 undergoing resto and AMG E Class Wagon W212, love MB's these days.

Reactions: t.m.m and APjumbo

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Agree, after this time, MB went crazy...
Cars were my favourite Hobby.

Cars does NOT exists anymore.

My concept of cars is tighlty related to Combustion Engines, history of the brand, heritage, traditions, and Styling.
A Badge like this means A LOT for me
2017-mercedes-amg-sl65-v12-biturbo-badge.jpg

Nowadays (and in the future will be WORSE ) cars are identical to a Fridge or a DishWasher or a Smartphone: a battery, an infotaiment Screen, and the same horrid Electric Car Style.

Since we are speaking about MB, i love all the cars that have been posted (560 SEC especially !!!) , but my favourite one is the One and Only W100 Pullmann

50ca180793fa18837db434f2ef11df3ecc38b005.jpg

1024px-MB600_back_view.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: t.m.m and Dave2302

t.m.m

Known Member
Certified
10/11/23
Nuremberg, Germany
Since we are speaking about MB, i love all the cars that have been posted (560 SEC especially !!!) , but my favourite one is the One and Only W100 Pullmann
Interesting, I grew up in a small community where a factory owner had a Mercedes 600. That was impressive at the time, especially because it was his only vehicle and was already 15 years old at the time, but always in mint condition. He was an old-school personality and was known for...

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I spend my spare time keeping my vehicles in mint condition,better than showroom. It's all about pride of ownership

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Man-At-Arms

The German
Supporter
Patron
Certified
7/11/21
Germany
Hey there,

I have 6 gen watches from Mühle Glashütte, Nomos and Glashütte Original, but I also wanted to feel how it is to wear a Rolex, thats why I bought my First Rep from @Winni1611 - I have 6 Reps now and I wear them from time to time and found out that only the vintage ones are suitable for me and my Style and lifestyle.

But sadly These cost a lot (!) of Money in gen (MilSub, BondSub) so I keep wearing them from time to time in my free time, wouldnt do in Business / at work. My Friends know that theyre rep but i wouldnt Tell everybody except someone asks me directly about it. But in my Job i dont want to Tell ppl i wear replica watches…. So i dont wear them then. Thats my way :)

PS: I could afford them in gen, im Self employed for a few years now and it Runs very good, but im Not willing to pay 20k or more for a watch. If thats a Point.

And regarding the cars, i Drive These two of Mister Bruno Sacco as Daily drivers, modern cars are Not my world, same With watches and Rest of the world. I could afford a modern AMG or S Class - but they are not real Cars anymore, maybe its the same With the watches - Dunno.

1991 190E 2.5-16
1995 600SEL V12

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I could afford a modern AMG or S Class - but they are not real Cars anymore,

Now being as I own 4 and also work on many customers MB's all the time I'd have to disagree with that statement :p

My newest, (AMG Wagon W212) bought at 1 year old with low miles, has just turned 230k since it is the one which gets used for most long road trips day in day out etc. Maintenance is the key, and nobody these days maintains the fuckers correctly. Still looks great and drives exactly as it should, has a few mods too, like mapping, retrofits etc

Sure, I'd agree that the older cars are more "solid" and easier to fix, but even a decent home mechanic with good tools can buy and learn to use a clone SDS machine so he can actually diagnose and re code stuff etc on the post 1996 right up to modern day models (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: t.m.m