• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Social status and purchase Replica

Empereur

The guy using Google Translator
Supporter
Certified
27/8/23
France
Why can't the two of you just get a long and then you are adding a restraining order. It's just going to tear apart the family and it will end up having awkward family gatherings.

Think the two of you should see a family counselor and get everything off your chests. I hear though the grapevine that there is some good ones over on Reddit.

@Karbon74 @Empereur I beg both of you to heed my advice.
Take a look closer, i'm never the crabbed one. I'm always kind and friendly. But obviously, nobody want to be my friend because of my sweaters
sad snl GIF

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
Take a look closer, i'm never the crabbed one. I'm always kind and friendly. But obviously, nobody want to be my friend because of my sweaters
sad snl GIF
I never pointed a finger saying who is to blame for the discord between the two of you and that is why the mentioning of a family counselor. Maybe @GingerBubba can help the two of you out.

If nobody wants to be your friend because of your sweaters there is an easy fix for that. Gather them all together, have a nice fire but make sure you have the fire department on speed dial just in case something happens.

Last edited:

Empereur

The guy using Google Translator
Supporter
Certified
27/8/23
France
If nobody wants to be your friend because of your sweaters there is an easy fix for that. Gather them all together, have a nice fire but make sure you have the fire department on speed dial just in case something happens.
Momy doesnt want to buy me new ones :cautious:
I had money for my birthday, but I bought watches here 😔

kostas

9/7/13
I just buy what I really like not thinking about status or anything. It is just a matter of having a few in my collection so I can match them to the occasion ☺️
As it happens, it turned out I have a sweet tooth for Panerai and since my wrist can sport them, I buy as navy as I can afford.

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
I fall into the "buy and wear what I want when I want" camp for various reasons now that this thread has turned my mind to thinking about why.

I worry and stress more about when and where I wear my gens.Oh gawd, another scratch!

I often feel like changing watches several times during the day. I have watch rolls at the office (reps), glove box (reps), bedroom, study - hell even in my bedside draw for my "wear at night" favourites.

Watches are really a man's only piece of jewellry - buy more!

Love just stopping and staring at one of my watches on my wrist for a mindful presence break through the day

Most people don't actually notice or don't care. They're just not part of thecequation

I am older now so I certainly don't care much anymore either. My fav old t-shirt I bought in Cancun eons ago and still wear says " Fcuk off. I have enough friends"

Says a lot about my care/give a fcuk meter.

I've worn a mudmaster (gen haha) in my suit in high horse power meets because I felt like it

I often wear my Paul Newman 6263 Oyster Sotto del 1969 (rep haha) in a biker beer garden with guys I regularly exceed the speed limits with on Sundays

I love everything about reps because I can have more watches to suit all of my above quirks than I could otherwise justifiably afford

...excuse me,gotta go, time to change my watch

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: var554 and Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I just buy what I really like not thinking about status or anything. It is just a matter of having a few in my collection so I can match them to the occasion ☺️
As it happens, it turned out I have a sweet tooth for Panerai and since my wrist can sport them, I buy as navy as I can afford.

I fall into the "buy and wear what I want when I want" camp for various reasons now that this thread has turned my mind to thinking about why.

I worry and stress more about when and where I wear my gens.Oh gawd, another scratch!

I often feel like changing watches several times during the day.

Watches are really a man's only piece of jewellry - buy more!

Love just stopping and staring at one of my watches on my wrist for a mindful presence break through the day

Most people don't actually notice or don't care. They're just not part of the equation

I am older now so I certainly don't care much anymore either. My fav old t-shirt I bought in Cancun eons ago and still wear says " Fcuk off. I have enough friends"

100% agree with all of that, all parts of my story too (y)

Reactions: kostas

guybythelake

13/7/14
If you are upper middle class with a professional job, then people on your circles will have roliies and APs and others. They will know what is what. I was at the Starbucks the other day hanging out with locals in a big table, seven had rolies out of. nine people. And also people are not stupid if you driving a junker with watch cost 10 times your car, then it is obviously fake. And people at that social status level will look down for waiting a rep. So if you are in this category I would buy a rep that matches what I really can afford. Rolex, Panerai, omega and some Aps, etc are ok.... No RM or Patek for me. Lol

But if you are not in the upper middle class category, then people in your circles either don't even know what AP or Patek is, or they would not know the cost or what real Rollies looks like. So anything luxury you wear will be either not noticed or assumed to be fake. So doesn't matter what you wear at that point.

For example doesn't matter if the supermarket cashier has a submariner or a Richard Mill on. So at that point get whatever you want, doesn't matter.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Yeah, I tend to wear only what I could realistically wear in real life. There is a limit before it becomes obviously unbelievable.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Most people don't actually notice or don't care. They're just not part of thecequation

Exactly this /\ /\ /\ (which is my ethos entirely), if anyone tries to make their peers believe that a replica is a gen then they are just lying to themselves ;)

Reactions: cotti-rottie

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I did get one compliment about my shoes but never my watches

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
I really don’t think anyone cares what I wear on my wrist. People usually judge on shoes and neatness in my experience
Most people won't even notice what's on the wrist unless they are watch enthusiasts like us nerds on here and it's usually the ladies 25 and older that will judge the shoes and how neat your appearance is. It shows them that you care about how you present yourself to others.
I did get one compliment about my shoes but never my watches
Was that one compliment letting you know how proud they are of you for getting new shoes that didn't have the velcro 🤔 🤔
I like a nice Brazilian

@Dave2302 why did you let Mel record you getting the Brazilian?.. You are a better man then me lol.