• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Social status and purchase Replica

Psico

Horology Curious
7/3/24
When you decide to buy a replica, does your social status and the work you do also influence you?
Or do you buy what you really like?
With a worker's salary I would probably never buy an AP or Patek, which in real conditions would cost more than my car :D

tomriddle

25/6/07
When you decide to buy a replica, does your social status and the work you do also influence you?
Or do you buy what you really like?
With a worker's salary I would probably never buy an AP or Patek, which in real conditions would cost more than my car :D
personally.. I just buy the look I like.. if anything, social status/work/point in your life NEGATIVELY influences my decisions more than anything.. well, it used to

case in point.. if a kid is working at mcdonald's, I'd avoid wearing a $5million Tiffany Rolex as his daily beater. There was a time I felt weird wearing my Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Polished Ceramic while driving my beat up '89 Corolla.. LOL! (granted, at the time, very few would even know what watch I was wearing except it looked amazing)

:) at my point in life now? Oh I can flex...

definitely in flex mode.. god is great. life is great. thank you jesus! 🙌

seed.

Horology Curious
16/2/24
EU
Last summer I was walking around Rome and I'm sure somewhere on the Colosseum it's engraved: 'Horologium falsum vere potest videri in manu medici, et horologium verum potest videri falsum in manu operarii.'

Just kidding, wear whatever you want because no one cares. Just don't pretend it's real when it's not

Mkempes

and now into vintage
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
EU
I don't buy reps that are ridiculous in my social environment. So it's not the price, it's about what type of gen is accepted. RM definetly not, nor a rainbow daytona. Some PPs are fine though.

Ludwig79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/24
Southampton, UK
The story goes, my uncle worked as a judge all his life, ending his career a few years ago.

He wore a gen rolex for many years, until he was robbed in a southern Italian city located on the slopes of a very famous volcano...

After that, he bought a rep, by his own account a cheap one. He's still just content with the look of it.

He had the gen because of the way it looked, he wears the rep with the same peace of mind.

I hope to buy a gen PP one day, because I like the way it looks. I gave the lovely people in the AD all my data, and my interest in buying. They'll use my data, I'm sure, to speculate even more and make even more profit.

Until they call me, I'm happy to wear the rep
:)

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
This subject always makes me smile :D

I will buy any rep I want, have 3 nice Gens too, won't buy Gens any more.
I will tell any decent person it's a rep if they ask which they don't where I live nowadays, unless it's a tourist.

I tend to wear the rep that best suits the ocassion, how I am dressed and what Car I am driving at that time since I currently have 6 cars, 4 Mercedes ranging from classics to bought new in 2020, also a Ford Fusion and a 7 seater Land Rover Discovery for winters and towing work horse.

I simply don't care what other folks think, and I've been round the block enough that if some gobshite drunk starts mouthing off at me I'll simply tell them to fuck off :ROFLMAO:

Confidence is the key !!

Last edited:

Psico

Horology Curious
7/3/24
Semplicemente non mi interessa quello che pensano gli altri, e ho fatto abbastanza il giro dell'isolato che se qualche schifoso ubriaco inizia a prendermi in giro gli dirò semplicemente di andare a farsi fottere. :ROFLMAO:

Come affrontare la vita con semplicità... bravissimo ;)

Reactions: DarioM6611

Psico

Horology Curious
7/3/24
Since I discovered the world of rep... I would like to buy all the ones that in normal conditions I can only dream of.
I'll be making a first "Omega" purchase soon and fuck anyone who thinks I can't afford to buy it