• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn U2 GMT SS/RU Black Swiss Eta 2836 available

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Is there any chance to find a Sinn Finanzplatz as a rep?

Very nice watch, I saw the gen just the other day. The only problem was the arm attached to it (Lehman-type banker piece of sh..)
ab894de3.jpg

Dr.verylong

carnut

31/3/07
Frankfurt model is great looking, but small, if I remember correctly.

The U2 does have the correct second hand markings... thought size was right?

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Mine is on order... finally

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
Be careful sizing the watch strap. there are no fine micro adjustments in the clasp (same as the Gen). You can easily cut it to make sorter but you can't reverse it (like a haircut). You also have to consider your wrist swealing in the summer. I honestly can't understand whey Sinn would not give you some adjustment int he clasp. The good news is the Rubber strap is VERY LONG so if you have huge wrists it is not a problem.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Unfortunately the same problem exists on the Ulysse Nardin Maxi Diver or Porsche Design. So indeed I'll plan a 5 mm gap.
But eventually I may end in using an other strap (which I bought already), so it's not a big issue.
I'm a bit more concerned by the "rumour"? that you can't resize it under 7 inches. Which would be problematic for small wrists like mine.

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
ReplicaGMT.com carries the...

"Slutamatic Breitling Replica."

:shock: :D :D

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Besides the Asian clone of the 2836-2, the used or the new ETA, the exact same version has appeared with the Asian 2813 (clone of the Miyota 8215)...
That movement is low beat, but very good actually : it's the same as we have in the Asian version of the SFSO. First time to see it with the GMT modification.

And it costs... 138 USD, i.e. 100 USD less than the other version... :twisted:

We will always be the milk cow of the rep makers... Just ordered my Asian clone version... :roll: [smilie=alien.gif]

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Josh and Andrew are dealers on other boards. They are not RWI approved anymore.
The made in Germany is on all of them, but as it's black on black, you may miss it on the pictures.
So far, the marker at 6 is flat on every rep (it's recessed on the gen, as it's actually not a marker but a moisture detector)

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
Pix said:
Besides the Asian clone of the 2836-2, the used or the new ETA, the exact same version has appeared with the Asian 2813 (clone of the Miyota 8215)...
That movement is low beat, but very good actually : it's the same as we have in the Asian version of the SFSO. First time to see it with the GMT modification.

And it costs... 138 USD, i.e. 100 USD less than the other version... :twisted:

We will always be the milk cow of the rep makers... Just ordered my Asian clone version... :roll: [smilie=alien.gif]

A quartz will be next . I would be interested in who is selling the $138 version.

Steve

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
Sinn U1 and U2 $138 in 21j auto movement

I confirmed "PIX" statement that both the U1 and U2 Sinn are going for $138 in the 21J aian version (21K beat). I am pretty sure the ETA version is not Swiss ETA . That version in the pics several messages ago show that movement and it has not been made in 10 years so It is Chinese. Then you have the regular Chinese 28,000 movement (aisan). I am thinking of getting the 21J movement. I hoenstly would perfer a quartz movement as I have had great luck with Quartz movements. I like the fact the $138 versions come with Saphire crystal. :D

Steve

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Re: Sinn U1 and U2 $138 in 21j auto movement

Actually the ETA version comes in 3 variations : ETA clone, used Swiss and new Swiss. It seems only Angus officially proposes them all. That means if you buy from Josh and Trusty, you'll get the used ETA by default (you can't get the new one for this price, and it can't be the clone, as it's not advertized).

Honestly, the 2813 (Miyota 8215) seems to be a bargain if the rest is strictly the same as the ETA version.
I'm a bit surprised, usually the rep manufacturers "downgrade" the lower end versions (mineral instead of sapphire, no AR, no serial and these things...)
That's where I'm not sure the Quartz version will have the "high end" details/finishing. But I can be wrong. There are (few) models which are the exact counterpart of the high end versions + a quartz engine (some Aquaracer or Timewalker, which I owne(ed))

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
The PVD version is out
:cry:
75f272edc81020fae3543ce.jpg

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Now I'll have to buy a second one ;)
I'll wait for the Quartz PVD :lol:

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
According to Trusty and Perfect Clones there will never be a quartz version of the U1 and U2 Sinn. The bracelet will take some time but be out within a year at most. If you go to watcheden and a few other sites you will see ALL versions of most watches. Say Graham. First came out the 7750, then the quartz and then the 21 j of the same watch /case /strap. Some still have saphire crystal offered and others have mineral crystal on the low end. I have had great lick with Myota 21j 21K movements (no Rep movements). I am not familiar with the Chinese 21J movements and to how relable they are.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
On the particular point of "what's coming next" I learnt not to believe the dealers for 2 reasons :
- I'm not sure they always know all the plans of the factories, and these factories will surely adapt to the demand once they have sold every possible version of a rep, if that create new sales without much investment (just have to get an other movement holder)
- and even if dealers are aware of what's coming next, they will not want to prevent sales by announcing a potential future cheaper product. Therefore prefer to say they don't know. That's what I would do ;)

So let's wait and see :)

russtang

14/8/06
Pix, a couple of quick questions.

Where did you order your $138 version?

Whose site did that PVD pic come from?

Thanks,
Russ