• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn U2 GMT SS/RU Black Swiss Eta 2836 available

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I have seen pics of this watch from PC
First Sinn rep available :mrgreen:
They call it best rep of 2009 :D

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I was about to post this as well, and I see some connaisseurs already raise an important point : apparently the first decent Sin reps.
Although gens are affordable, the rep still might be interesting is it's well realized.
I'll order one.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Here's the gen

http://www.sinnwatches.com/proddetail.php?prod=si012

U2Strap.jpg

And here are 2 interesting straps that could be nice alternatives to the rubber, just in case

LB45Btrendschwnrot.jpg

LB17MyGenevaschw-rot.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
To wet your appetite. Rehaut seems to be too deep on the rep:
1.jpg

P7254167.jpg

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
Trusty has it also. These two guys seem to be the leaders on new styles. In a few weeks or a month all the Dealers will have them. I really would like the metal bracelet in additon to the rubber strap.

Steve

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Here's a picture of the rep.
Indeed the seconds hand is different.
But that flaw is too big to be a mistake (hopefully). I have yet to find if there are variations of this model.
I'm sure this watch is available from our boards dealers too. I have asked quotations already, I don't believe about exclusivity anymore.

@Taka : you may be right fo the rehault, but then again, I want to find if there are variations of this model. If you look at Sinn's webstore, they say it's out of stock. So, new models around ?

An other gen picture

20090c.jpg

The non GMT version has this type of seconds hand. So does that mean the rep will follow and they used the same hand for both ?
Best rep of the year :lol:

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Timesshops has it...
On order for me.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Indeed. The capsule at 6 o'clock seems to be falsely replicated. Looks like a raised lume dot or marker on the replica to me. Non pvd genuine bracelet for this model is not expensive. Something worth considering.
The genuine has 4.7mm thick sapphire crystal.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Looks like the gen is over 1500 USD.

I don't expect the rep to have inert gas or this capsule. Jandrew say it's 3 ATM water resistant from factory : it's still a rep :)
I also have doubts on the lume, as usual.
Hope to get mine within a good week.
I also would love a U1.

Regarding the mechanism : I have such a modified 2836 in my Montblanc GMT, and although Ziggy described this hack as unreliable, mine has been working without any trouble for more than 2 years. Of course, there's always the risk we're now talking about a modified ETA clone. But so far I have not heard about 2836 clones, only 2824.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
ebay.de is a good source for used genuine U2. They are still selling for 1500USD as pointed out by Pix. If you get directly from AD/Sinn Depot, they won't give considerable discount for U series watch. What you can get is 19% MwSt/tax back if you are not an EU citizen and are going to bring the goods outside the country.

Back to the topic, the rep is pretty decent to my eyes, nothing serious to hold you back buying it.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
As mentionned, I'm a bit doubtful about the lume. Often reps with lumedots are OK... but sticks... We'll see.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Here's an apparently gen picture found on a forum about diving watches.
http://montresdeplongee.forumrama.com/v ... n-t606.htm
Dated 2007, therefore the rep did not exist.

Taka, look at the rehault.

So IMO there are several variations of the U2, and the rehault is NOT a tell.

Still, I have not found a picture with the same seconds hand as the rep

dscn1837.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Well, I am proud tonight that Taka was the first guy who picked up the gen....we worked on it and it arrived 2 days before he left for home. :D :D :D :D And he got the 19 % back from old Germany, great deal for a gen.....and I bought the gen bracelet for him....so if you need one, let me know. :D :D :D :D :D

@Pix, let me know how it is, like to see your review on it
and regarding the lume I think it is a PITA...so you need to seend it to vac

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Looking at the apparently over-exposed pictures from Trusty, it looks uneven and not the same brightness between pearl, hands and markers, i.e. probably not as bright in reality as shown on the pics. That's the problem with lumeshots : they're not reliable and you can make them tell what you want.

Anyway, I love the design and always wanted a Sinn, looking for a good used one on ebay. Now the rep makers solved my headache. Except I can't swim with it, but actually that's the least of my concerns.

I have a question though : I don't see any "made in Germany" anywhere... [smilie=alien.gif]

73210020.jpg

81779848.jpg