• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn U2 GMT SS/RU Black Swiss Eta 2836 available

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Well, the gen is more than 1500 USD new, i.e. about the price of a Breitling SFSO.
So paying 200 USD for the rep is still interesting IMO.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Mmm, interesting information on Angus' store

Price with Asian clone of the 2836 : 228 USD
With used Swiss 2836 : 238 USD
With new Swiss 2836 : 278 USD

So be careful about what you buy... And consider what you're buying from the twins for 238 USD :roll:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I think if the case is Titanium, it will be a dead giveaway anyway. The genuine weights about 200 grams on rubber strap.

This is a substantial watch (the genuine that is). Pretty heavy like the Planet Ocean but wearing comfort is top notch.

Yes, you can always buy genuine buckle and genuine rubber. I think they are affordable.

PS: the genuine is also very durable and hard to scratch. I have the PVD version which doesn't collect scratches at all and it's already over a year.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i agree with D4M's last post.

the gen is not that expensive and great value for the price.

i have just seen..... STOWA watches are being replicated as well...... cant believe it !

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
This will sell well I would imagine. Even at $1500- and as good of a value as this is, it is more than I want to put into a watch. The only gen I have any interest in throwing down my hard earned money for is a Breguet. So I will probably buy one of these. And I will probably still be waiting for a Breguet. :D

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
brtelec said:
Even at $1500- and as good of a value as this is, it is more than I want to put into a watch.

Agreed. We're talking of 230 USD against 1500 USD, the choice is easy.

The gen is not Titanium.

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I figure I will wait until Pix buys one and gets bored with it. Then I will swoop in! :D

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
:lol:

So far I have no source for it. As Angus started offering the Sinn, I guess other dealers will follow soon, and I am confident in purchasing it from my usual dealer.
I have already received my red/black strap some time ago, so it would be a pity not to go for this rep, especially given the reasonable price.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
horologie_unitas said:
i have just seen..... STOWA watches are being replicated as well...... cant believe it !
At the end of the day all you need is to print a new dial and fiddle a bit with the backplane. Et voila - Stowa. Or Steinhart. Or whatever ... they are all clones anyway :D

Dr.verylong

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
If you do a search you will see there are several Dealers selling this same watch for about the same price. I am concerned that one dealer wants more $ is it is a new ETA movement verses a used one . The standard equipmetn on this watch from one dealer is a Asian 28K movement not a ETA. However other Dealers claim the standard is the New ETA movement.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
So far I've only seen Andrew/joshua and now Angus selling this model.
Mark told me he's about to have access to it : so the exclusivity period is about to end.

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
go on google or some other search engine. search for " sinn u2 replica" I found about 3 more dealers with simialr pricing to the Dealers we know. Perhaps it is the same Dealer with differnt Websites? I can't wait for the U 1 on a bracelet.

steve

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
steve12345 said:
If you do a search you will see there are several Dealers selling this same watch for about the same price. I am concerned that one dealer wants more $ is it is a new ETA movement verses a used one . The standard equipmetn on this watch from one dealer is a Asian 28K movement not a ETA. However other Dealers claim the standard is the New ETA movement.

http://www.tswisswatch.com/swiss_sinn_r ... tches.html

http://www.replicagmt.com/product.asp?bcls=763

http://www.watchreplica.co.uk/WatchesoftheMonth.html

http://www.trtime.com/sinn-u2-gmt-ssru- ... -3983.html

There are more but I have to put my son to bed,

Steve

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
thx Steve, but...

1st and 3rd are on Fakey's scam dealer list...
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=31504
So I wouldn't take the risk.

2nd seems legit but looks overpriced (not only for the Sinn) and asks 10% additionnal fees if you use paypal.

4rth is using Trusty's pictures... That looks fishy... Or in the best case it's Trustytime (Andrew)

Not sure I want to buy there. I will wait for our trusted dealers to carry the thing.

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
Use the search feature of you browser such as Googl, Yahoo, Bing etc search for "repica Sinn u2" etc

I found 5 places other than Andrew or Josh . All about he same price. Same watch etc.

Steve

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
What I mean since the beginning : there are no other dealer than the 3 already mentionned that carry the watch (Trusty, Perfect Clones and Puretime), except maybe the scam stores or those who ask you premium prices.

I know how to use Google... :roll:

If our dealers could not get the Sinn so far (therefore if I could not buy it), it's for the simple reason that the Cartel dealers bought the first batch and created an exclusivity (limited in the time) : they're not more stupid or let's say less clever than the other (scammer or unknown) dealers you're linking to.

If anyone has been successful sourcing the Sinn elsewhere, I'd gladly buy at the same place, as I do want to review the thing.

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
I am not sure all the places are scams and I do not want to experiment. The best service I have had is with SEAD or Super Mirrors. he is based int he USA and does really do a QA before he send it to you. In the unlikely event the watch is not functional etc You only pay $ 6 to send it back to hime for either a refund or replacement etc.

Like may others I had a bracelet break at the weak solder joint on a Roleex Deep See. He got me a WHOLE NEW bracelet and sent to to me. All I really need ed was the casp. A real test of a Dealer's customer service is when there is a problem.

i am not related to him or in business with him etc. When the U1 is available with bracelet I will order from him. He sorrces it and when he gets it he looks it over, he sets the time and lets it run for a day. If it is running at the correct time the next day he will send to you. he will even send you pics of the actual watch if you wish (some other dealers do this also).

I just want to say I am really pleased the rep makers are making brands other than Rolex etc.

Steve

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
9beb93f758aedb56610c684124eb3fc9.image.750x498.jpg

It seems they have corrected the rong seconds hand...
Unless this is photoshoped... because the other views are not corrected...
:? :?: :?: