• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Singapore watch repair

cow123

Still New
2/3/15
12 more requests sent thought PM liao.
Sorry guys for the late reply
Always believe in Sharing is Caring .
anyone need the contact please send me. Enjoy guys!

iori_del

15/4/12
12 more requests sent thought PM liao.
Sorry guys for the late reply
Always believe in Sharing is Caring .
anyone need the contact please send me. Enjoy guys!

Bro got other repair man?

I used yrs and he can't solve my date changed stucked problem.

replicated69

Still New
23/7/15
Just to share. :hypnotized:

Me and a friend went to B2 Lucky China Town, Han Meng Antique Watch last 2 weeks..
The old gentleman watch smith can't solve the problem..

It's a ROO Chronograph with the seconds @12, received "dead on arrival" perhaps due to shock or QC issue.
According to him he tried twice and the watch still stopped. He said it's the "movement issue".

He suggested to put in a Swiss ETA7750 if he can get a stock of it, I said okay if he can get it fix.
Few days later I collect back the watch as he said he had no confident to get it repair..

replicated69

Still New
23/7/15
I'm sending problem watches back to dealers currently; but if we can get local watch people to fix that will be really wonderful..

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
Just to share. :hypnotized:

Me and a friend went to B2 Lucky China Town, Han Meng Antique Watch last 2 weeks..
The old gentleman watch smith can't solve the problem..

It's a ROO Chronograph with the seconds @12, received "dead on arrival" perhaps due to shock or QC issue.
According to him he tried twice and the watch still stopped. He said it's the "movement issue".

He suggested to put in a Swiss ETA7750 if he can get a stock of it, I said okay if he can get it fix.
Few days later I collect back the watch as he said he had no confident to get it repair..
sorry to hear that mate... an eta7750 would be a great improvement if he could have done it.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Dont send your watches to any watch smith blindly. Some claim that they are able to repair everything but fact is they are only good at exchanging batteries lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Dont send your watches to any watch smith blindly. Some claim that they are able to repair everything but fact is they are only good at exchanging batteries lol.

+1.
I doublt alot of the "watchsmith" actually have enough knowledge & the correct tools to fix the watches. Especially those who accept reps.

aflop

Respected Member
22/5/13
Best part is - (and I'm not gonna name who) a lot of them are careless and force their way through rep cases and blame poor Chinese construction for the damage caused.

I remember one guy ripped out the pinion of one of the hands then when I got a shock at the damage he had done he just simple said "Bo pian, you buy fake is like that, too bad spoil Liao don't wear lor.."

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Best part is - (and I'm not gonna name who) a lot of them are careless and force their way through rep cases and blame poor Chinese construction for the damage caused.

I remember one guy ripped out the pinion of one of the hands then when I got a shock at the damage he had done he just simple said "Bo pian, you buy fake is like that, too bad spoil Liao don't wear lor.."

And you will feel like giving him a tight slap.

iori_del

15/4/12
I really need a expert working on the rep movement.

Most are just expert to change battery

kenny7890

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/9/14
i have a a7750 chronograph watch thats works perfectly fine keeping good time and good power reserve, except the chronograph pusher dont seem to work.
isit a major issue to fix that requires a good watchsmth
or i can just try my luck at Lucky chinatown?

or if any one have a good watch smith to recommend?

any help or opinion would be greatly appreciated

cheers

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14

As a modder myself, i can attest that sometimes these chinese movements are a biotch to handle. They might come with chipped screws, worn threads, overly tight pinions etc. However, there's always a nice way to handle it. You dont just go gungho and hammer out the screw.

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14

sorry to hear that, thats one pretty shitty service staff.
i never service my reps in singapore after reading so much nightmare stories,
i would sell them at a loss and forget about it...

still cheaper than a gen service

replicated69

Still New
23/7/15
I do have a few Panerai with A7750 movement, running well.
But if we could locate a watch smith that can service or repair them that will be wonderful for our community.

replicated69

Still New
23/7/15

Sorry to hear that mate.
That's really an irresponsible remark from him!

replicated69

Still New
23/7/15
i have a a7750 chronograph watch thats works perfectly fine keeping good time and good power reserve, except the chronograph pusher dont seem to work.
isit a major issue to fix that requires a good watchsmth
or i can just try my luck at Lucky chinatown?

or if any one have a good watch smith to recommend?

any help or opinion would be greatly appreciated

cheers

"Simple" chronograph issue he's "okay".

A friend of my business associate bought a ROO Panda from local Singapore; the chronograph needle "over-shot" and no longer return to 12 when resetting to zero.
Just a "minor tweak" and got it working again.

Have a try bro.

iori_del

15/4/12
The poor support here had put off my interest to buy more. I tot I cam depend in Lion City. But he also mia liao.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
I am also on the lookout for watch smiths that are able to service a 7750. I have one watch that was sent by a fellow Malaysian for mods but at the same time he wants to get it serviced. Unfortunately, most of the watch smiths here (Malaysia) do not accept reps and some do not use the recommended oils for a7750.