• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Hi guys, I have a TC Submariner that I haven’t worn for a while, and I’m wondering if it’s time to let it go. I’ve realized since the release of VSF and CF that I prefer wearing modern Sub/GMTs and Daytonas compared to the 5-digit ones. Do you think I’d be making a mistake? I haven’t seen a TC on sale for a while, and that’s why I’m questioning if it's a good idea or not, even considering its availability on the market in the future. Am I crazy?
If you sell it and change your mind you may find it hard to find another one. For the immediate future there will always be decent versions of the 6 digit ceramic subs. That is not the same for the older 5 digits.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Hi guys, I have a TC Submariner that I haven’t worn for a while, and I’m wondering if it’s time to let it go. I’ve realized since the release of VSF and CF that I prefer wearing modern Sub/GMTs and Daytonas compared to the 5-digit ones. Do you think I’d be making a mistake? I haven’t seen a TC on sale for a while, and that’s why I’m questioning if it's a good idea or not, even considering its availability on the market in the future. Am I crazy?
Yes

You are crazy.

Except it would probably make another person pretty happy.

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Supporter
Certified
18/11/13
If you sell it and change your mind you may find it hard to find another one. For the immediate future there will always be decent versions of the 6 digit ceramic subs. That is not the same for the older 5 digits.
You got the point C. Honestly I can’t remember the last time I saw one for sale in the last few months, that is my biggest concern. What if I change my mind? Odds to find a new one?

• Haha
Reactions: 5ive-Digits-0nly

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I think there has been two or so for sale in the last month but I think both were reserved. So they do pop up sometimes.
The biggest thing you are forgetting is that the 5 digit stuff is better than the ceramic stuff and it’s just a matter of time before you come crawling back when you come to your senses 😆

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Your PMs will light up in milliseconds! There have been a couple that hit M2M recently

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Supporter
Certified
18/11/13
I think there has been two or so for sale in the last month but I think both were reserved. So they do pop up sometimes.
The biggest thing you are forgetting is that the 5 digit stuff is better than the ceramic stuff and it’s just a matter of time before you come crawling back when you come to your senses 😆

I would normally agree with you but for some unknown reason 6digit growth so much in me at the point to put aside everything else. Things is that every time I wear my TC I immediately miss the ceramic and start to think things like "well it's so much lighter", "it doesn't shine like 904L", "overall finishing seems lower compared to VSF/CF" etc. On the other hand I think "but it's more fascinating", "vsf/cf are the result of a mass production while TC is somehow a niche"... I don't really know. It's gone too far from a mere personal taste. Ok fine, I have definitely gone crazy.

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I would normally agree with you but for some unknown reason 6digit growth so much in me at the point to put aside everything else. Things is that every time I wear my TC I immediately miss the ceramic and start to think things like "well it's so much lighter", "it doesn't shine like 904L", "overall finishing seems lower compared to VSF/CF" etc. On the other hand I think "but it's more fascinating", "vsf/cf are the result of a mass production while TC is somehow a niche"... I don't really know. It's gone too far from a mere personal taste. Ok fine, I have definitely gone crazy.
You can solve the crazy problem by selling TC to me🤪

• Haha
Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I think there has been two or so for sale in the last month but I think both were reserved.
There were a few recently before the Certified rule came into place. People were selling stuff they were holding onto before the 1st of September. My guess is they will become less frequent.

Reactions: APjumbo

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Supporter
Certified
18/11/13
There were a few recently before the Certified rule came into place. People were selling stuff they were holding onto before the 1st of September. My guess is they will become less frequent.
what would be the decent alternatives for 5 digit? ARF v2? or RAF?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Cmon C! you should be of help and supportive, not joining my regrets! :ROFLMAO:
Oh they are all great, super, fantastic :)

P.S. do not sell your TC. I am biased. I sold one and regretted it. I paid a lot more to get another one.

Reactions: 5ive-Digits-0nly

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/10/19
H6JqVR.jpeg