• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

meloEU

Getting To Know The Place
12/4/22
How can i find a TC sub for sale in this market? I have the gen, and its a incredible similar.

Reactions: mcboom

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
How can i find a TC sub for sale in this market? I have the gen, and its a incredible similar.
Freddie Highmore GIF by Complex

Limpy

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
3/7/16
EU
i have two questions:
1. did the blog, where TC wrote down all his journey to build each version, got lost in the REI break downs - i cant find a link to those. Would love to read more about the setup and improvements over the different versions. If its still somewhere here maybe someone has a link for me - much appreciated

2. is it possible to exchange the tc movement (must be eta right?!) with a gen or clone movement? what are the franken options for a TC nowadays. will the KH dials lose their feet and will the case accept a clone 3135?

in the meantime enjoy your TCs, here is mine - actually already pretty perfect for my taste, i love the blue AR with the green bezel..

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
i have two questions:
1. did the blog, where TC wrote down all his journey to build each version, got lost in the REI break downs - i cant find a link to those. Would love to read more about the setup and improvements over the different versions. If its still somewhere here maybe someone has a link for me - much appreciated

2. is it possible to exchange the tc movement (must be eta right?!) with a gen or clone movement? what are the franken options for a TC nowadays. will the KH dials lose their feet and will the case accept a clone 3135?

in the meantime enjoy your TCs, here is mine - actually already pretty perfect for my taste, i love the blue AR with the green bezel..

1. TC has long since taken his blog down - for obvious reasons, it was a liability for him. This has been the case for at least 5 if not 6 years now.

2. I’m upgrading both of my V7xs (LN and LV to Swiss ETA 2824-2 movements). You can fit a VR/VS3135, Yuki or Gen cal. 3135 in it with a little modding - search around. It’s been done. NOTE: if either a gen or clone 3135 is the route you decide to go down, just realize that you will either need to source gen hands to fit the movement (or modern 6 digit sub hands from any of the factories will do as this is an LV). You will just need someone to relume the hands for you (super luminova).

Personally I would put an ETA in it.

Good luck! ~

Last edited:

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
I have a TC V7. Had it for years. Gen dial, hands, insert, tube, crown and auto wind mech. Just put a VS movement in. Will post pics.

does anyone know of a better bezel assembly? How is the WSO product?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
This thread is a big cock tease for those looking for a 5 digit. Guess the best we have are the RAF/ARF subs with heavy modification.