• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
Are there any other 16610 cases that came out around 2016 +\- that didn't have any engraving between the lugs like TC cases?

The reason why I ask is because I purchased a TC m2m around that time and now am noticing with the help of such detailed photos that my lugs look different from other TCs, mainly the way mine doesn't appear to be brushed and has some different appearance of finish( almost has a ripple appearance)

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Are there any other 16610 cases that came out around 2016 +\- that didn't have any engraving between the lugs like TC cases?

The reason why I ask is because I purchased a TC m2m around that time and now am noticing with the help of such detailed photos that my lugs look different from other TCs, mainly the way mine doesn't appear to be brushed and has some different appearance of finish( almost has a ripple appearance)
The brushing here is as it should be - it’s just a bit less pronounced as the watch has been worn.

In terms of the lack of chamfering, TCs early V6 (as well as earlier iterations) were like this - quite sharp lugs! This was eventually updated on later V6’s, V7s and V7X to have chamfering on the lugs.

Reactions: Thecloudhopper

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
The brushing here is as it should be - it’s just a bit less pronounced as the watch has been worn.

In terms of the lack of chamfering, TCs early V6 (as well as earlier iterations) were like this - quite sharp lugs! This was eventually updated on later V6’s, V7s and V7X to have chamfering on the lugs.
Great to hear, I was a bit concerned. Now I'm thinking about getting it cleaned up

Reactions: 5ive-Digits-0nly

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
Does the v6 with an eta 2824 and the stock crown tube accepts a gen 24-704 crown? Is it worth it?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Does the v6 with an eta 2824 and the stock crown tube accepts a gen 24-704 crown? Is it worth it?
I presume it does. I had one with a gen 704. I do not know enough about modding to give you a definitive answer. @tripdog might know to a more technical level (that would be not just slapping a shiny thing on your wrist and smiling at it like me. That is my level)

Reactions: Gaspacho

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
I presume it does. I had one with a gen 704. I do not know enough about modding to give you a definitive answer. @tripdog might know to a more technical level (that would be not just slapping a shiny thing on your wrist and smiling at it like me. That is my level)
Hey @tripdog when you have the time can you please chime in?

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
I’m pretty sure the tc tube accepted the gen crown , mine certainly did but don’t quote me on it
Do you think it was a upgrade to the tc crow?

Want to start using this beauty. When it came from tc the pearl was loose, I got lazy to fix it and put in a drawer, until now...planning on upgrading some parts.

ronin007

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
8/10/12
Kent England
To be fair I only did mine as I had one spare , I put a gen insert on and recently changed the crystal but mine was originally the red rouge