• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

ross29

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/10/09
Lol, I'm looking for an LV if anyone wants to part with their's. Willing to take a few nights on the couch for that one.

Reactions: Essray

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
I don't really seem to be wearing my TC LV sub since I was lucky enough to get it last year. It has a gen insert (lovely colour) and gen crystal. However, I seem to prefer looking at the kermit more in my watch box rather than wearing it on wrist.

Strongly considering buy a gen LN insert and swapping them over, as I might hopefully start to wear it!

Do other LV owners find they don't tend to wear them as often as they had expected to?
As an owner of two V7X's, I have to say I do agree. I wear my LN the majority of the time. The LV is certainly more of a casual "summer weather" type watch.

Supporter
Certified
27/9/16
If anybody would let go of there green one, or maybe even black one lmk. Kind of hoping of making a no date version with green bezel

Thanks

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
I think my TC might have been a “Friday afternoon” job haha. It’s a V7X from shortly before he stopped making them.

Had an odd blue AR all over the crystal, poor quality cyclops, odd flattened off crown guards, play in the bezel.

Nevertheless, it’s had regular wear over the years and just looks every bit like a Gen after a bit of work - gen crystal, crown and bezel insert here although the crown guards haven’t been touched yet:

Reactions: Parto and HomeRye

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Can I get a valuation please, thinking of selling to fund another project..

This is a watch I have been working on for a while. I was lucky to find it on the forum. I traded a brand new VSF126610LN (when the factory was busted/closed and they were $648). The VSF was stolen by a Fedex courier and I had to replace it at 50% cost shared by the other party, so this TC ended up costing me around $1000 before I did any work mods or work to it.

TC V6
gen crystal
gen gasket
gen insert
gen tube
gen crown
gen O rings
serials added by Neckyzips
case chamfred and refinished
bracelet refinished/brushed

..all removed TC parts included apart from the insert which I used on another watch.

The watch is immaculate, it has a couple of tool marks and hairlines but it more or less looks like a new watch. At the moment it is not working, I think I damaged the keyless works when I put the crown stem back in during a rebuild. I was looking for a replacement 2824 but never got round to it. It came to light just recently that you can put a VS3135 in it and still use the stock dial it so I would do that if I keep it.

Thoughts on value?

Thanks

Last edited:

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
@StreetFighter

What’s with the inverted datewheel? Is that datewheel from TC when he was doing those rouge builds? Does it still have the original 2824 with H4?
Even if you were out $1000 for the base watch you can still only ask the “retail” price( I think it’s $570), plus all those awesome mods,
I would list it in the collectors corner and add up all the mods.

Looks like roughly $800-1200 in mods were done. But depends if the gen xtal was AR from a newer model or what all the case and bracelet finishing cost.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
@StreetFighter

What’s with the inverted datewheel? Is that datewheel from TC when he was doing those rouge builds? Does it still have the original 2824 with H4?
Even if you were out $1000 for the base watch you can still only ask the “retail” price( I think it’s $570), plus all those awesome mods,
I would list it in the collectors corner and add up all the mods.

Looks like roughly $800-1200 in mods were done. But depends if the gen xtal was AR from a newer model or what all the case and bracelet finishing cost.

That's right, it was a TC rouge. It had red 2nd hand (I think I still have it) and inverted DW. It still has the orignal 2824.

I think I count roughly £590 in gen parts and mods. The crystal is non AR.Thanks for the tips.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
@StreetFighter
Only $730usd for the mods, plus the base 570, that watch will sell in seconds for $1300. I’d probably put it up for trade before I sold a nice piece like that for $1300, keyless is super easy to fix.

I would probably also contact a sales mod and ask if it can be sold for more in the collectors corner. See what they say, as you state you paid more than “retail” for it originally.

Last edited:
Reactions: HomeRye