• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
I don't really seem to be wearing my TC LV sub since I was lucky enough to get it last year. It has a gen insert (lovely colour) and gen crystal. However, I seem to prefer looking at the kermit more in my watch box rather than wearing it on wrist.

Strongly considering buy a gen LN insert and swapping them over, as I might hopefully start to wear it!

Do other LV owners find they don't tend to wear them as often as they had expected to?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Nice to have the LN definitely

3Bcd4b.jpg

But even better to have both!

3Bckgp.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ross29 and HomeRye

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
I actually prefer the look of the Kermit OR, to my TC kermit. Perhaps the subtle difference in the insert shade of green.

watchsteve

Renowned Member
15/5/16
I don't really seem to be wearing my TC LV sub since I was lucky enough to get it last year. It has a gen insert (lovely colour) and gen crystal. However, I seem to prefer looking at the kermit more in my watch box rather than wearing it on wrist.

Strongly considering buy a gen LN insert and swapping them over, as I might hopefully start to wear it!

Do other LV owners find they don't tend to wear them as often as they had expected to?
I did exactly this, LV couldn’t grow on me at all. Switching to a gen LN insert it became my daily!! I sold mine after getting gen, but if you sell yours I’ll keep an eye in the sales section! 😂

Reactions: HomeRye

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
I did exactly this, LV couldn’t grow on me at all. Switching to a gen LN insert it became my daily!! I sold mine after getting gen, but if you sell yours I’ll keep an eye in the sales section! 😂
I think I need to do something as I just don't wear it. Think I'll keep a look out for a gen LN insert and will ponder further :)

Reactions: watchsteve

Essray

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA

I swapped mine to a gen LN and really like it. I have also swapped in a blue when feeling frisky.

Essray

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
My modded TC v7 extreme with LN

I actually contemplated selling it for the first time this week. Just no wrist time.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
My modded TC v7 extreme with LN

I actually contemplated selling it for the first time this week. Just no wrist time.

I think I may end up in the same place, even if I swap out for the LN insert. It may not get any wrist time.

I've got a Ginault OR2, which gives me the 5-digit proportions but with a much better bracelet and clasp and I love the look of that watch, actually more than the Rolex (which I know is ironic but I'm not that keen on mercedes hands) - and I wear that OR2 a lot.

Reactions: Essray

Essray

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
I think I may end up in the same place, even if I swap out for the LN insert. It may not get any wrist time.

I've got a Ginault OR2, which gives me the 5-digit proportions but with a much better bracelet and clasp and I love the look of that watch, actually more than the Rolex (which I know is ironic but I'm not that keen on mercedes hands) - and I wear that OR2 a lot.
To like v unlike a watch is strange. I love the look, size and quality of the TC. The ability to swap the inserts changes the look and makes can revive the watch. I’m just feeling guilty of not wearing it when I know someone else would.

I think Ginault made the necessary changes to the hands and clasp. I often contemplate buying a ginault bracelet for the TC. Just to have the adjustments.

NPD

7/2/22
EU
@StreetFighter on that note, I recall your experiment last year (which ended up not working out for you) of the TC with the gen bracelet. Were you able to dig in further and determine whether it was an issue exclusively to your piece or if that also applies to the whole TC v6 case series?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
@StreetFighter on that note, I recall your experiment last year (which ended up not working out for you) of the TC with the gen bracelet. Were you able to dig in further and determine whether it was an issue exclusively to your piece or if that also applies to the whole TC v6 case series?
No further research, but others say it may just be the v6(?), not sure buddy.

NPD

7/2/22
EU
No further research, but others say it may just be the v6(?), not sure buddy.

Aha, interesting... that's exactly the speculation I recall back from when you tried and reported back with your case. I was curious if there was any further info out there that I might have missed. Dreaming of that next-step for my TC superfranken, but wouldn't risk it if its not a safe bet.