• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Tc & ginault hoarder! 🤣

The tc looks very forest green like, my Aliexpress looks better 🤔

..more info on that 2 tone 😛
3z3Y8E.jpg

I am aware my date is sitting low, & insert off center 🤏

The old TC insert is actually from another older Kermit (the TT case).
I am torn whether to turn into a 16800 matte T dial and use the Gold Sands Ginault to make a 16613 homage (my original plan)
Or leave the gold sands stock (discontinued now so might be best) and use the old TC case for a proper 16613LN (probably what I will do but more expensive route)

The cheap BP on the right has a 2836 and I just tested that the dial is way too large to use in the TC case, it also has wrong date position. It also has the worlds worst crystal, which I may just remove the cyclops and enjoy as is instead of trying to replace.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Oh alright it's all makes sense.

Yea definitely leave the sand lume OR1 stock its perfect already as is and definitely use the old TC case for a proper 2 tone build. 😉

I see you have a 2 tone bracelet already probably off the BP.. if you wanted to go an affordable route I've used wso 14k gold wrapped bracelet @ $230. Not bad it looked great on my build with proper endlinks as well.

3z3uS1.jpg

I'm assuming that BP is the non gen spec bezel assembly using the spring & wire collar so it's unable to swap for a gen spec replacement crystal anyways. But I hear good things about their dials though! I guess that goes to the 3135 versions if you want at the least a gen spec crystal.

..I'm actually considering getting one 🤫

(Not my pic)
3z3Er4.jpg

3z3NEI.jpg

3z37ej.jpg

Cheers man, best of luck with the 2tone build 👍

lacquered333

Known Member
26/6/22
The cheap BP on the right has a 2836 and I just tested that the dial is way too large to use in the TC case, it also has wrong date position. It also has the worlds worst crystal, which I may just remove the cyclops and enjoy as is instead of trying to replace.
What makes the BP crystal that bad?

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
What makes the BP crystal that bad?

The one I have is older, what is bad is the cyclops. It isn’t any worse than the other cheap watches I have ( pagani ect.)
It doesn’t look as crisp as the other BP crystals I have seen on here (newer ones I imagine)
Also, once you have had a newer VsF or CF watch and start noticing small differences, cheaper looking stuff isn’t the same. Enjoy the cheaper stuff while you can.

Reactions: lacquered333

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
Seems nice for a TC2824 :)

Got crystal gasket changed too.

By nikz19 <3

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
Just recived from nikz19 :)

Happy! So smooth crown turning! <3
Crystal gasked changed.
Waterproofed.
Full service done.

Reactions: Mudder

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Supporter
Certified
18/11/13
Would you trade a TC 16610 LN v6 (almost pristine) with a TC YM? (both FD or Elaborè)? Or you think it should be more useful to sell it and buy a "modern" YM made by vsf/cf?

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Keep the TC 16610 and save up for a new YM or a clean 5 digit YM
Would you trade a TC 16610 LN v6 (almost pristine) with a TC YM? (both FD or Elaborè)? Or you think it should be more useful to sell it and buy a "modern" YM made by vsf/cf?