• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
@StreetFighter - yep, looks like the hands have been changed. The black datewheel was an option at the time, but seemed not a great one for me as I wanted the gen 16610LV look. If the movement isnt working then an eta2824 or seagull ST2130 will work. There's another couple of ETA2824 clones out there now, so take your pic. The TC2824 looks like a dressed up Seagull IMHO. The fun will be getting a datewheel for a 2824 that looks like a 3135 one, font wise.
Also there are 2 height options on the ETA 2824, the H2 having more fresh air between the hands, which TC said you need to get a gen looking handstack. I remember the 6 months I spent umming and arring before I bought a late V6.
Part of me thinks I should sell my TC and buy a Ginault. I could afford a genuine 16610 but I'd rather spend that money elsewhere. At least with a Ginault you are buying the real deal, even if it is an homage.

I've gen Rolex and Omega as well as some reps (including the TC LV) and my two Ginaults are my favourite watches and my favourite micro-brand. Kicking myself for not jumping to buy the Ocean Rover 1 that was for sale last week next door.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
@StreetFighter - yep, looks like the hands have been changed. The black datewheel was an option at the time, but seemed not a great one for me as I wanted the gen 16610LV look. If the movement isnt working then an eta2824 or seagull ST2130 will work. There's another couple of ETA2824 clones out there now, so take your pic. The TC2824 looks like a dressed up Seagull IMHO. The fun will be getting a datewheel for a 2824 that looks like a 3135 one, font wise.
Also there are 2 height options on the ETA 2824, the H2 having more fresh air between the hands, which TC said you need to get a gen looking handstack. I remember the 6 months I spent umming and arring before I bought a late V6.
Part of me thinks I should sell my TC and buy a Ginault. I could afford a genuine 16610 but I'd rather spend that money elsewhere. At least with a Ginault you are buying the real deal, even if it is an homage.
Well then. That's alot to grasp, if you decide on moving that tc v6 you give me a shout first ☝️😉 I have the ginault your after too☝️

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
I've gen Rolex and Omega as well as some reps (including the TC LV) and my two Ginaults are my favourite watches and my favourite micro-brand. Kicking myself for not jumping to buy the Ocean Rover 1 that was for sale last week next door.
If you are referring the one via M2M here, sorry I got that one and I am not disappointed. I cleaned it up and refinished the bracelet. I am thoroughly satisfied with it. Best of luck in the hunt.

Reactions: HomeRye

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
If you are referring the one via M2M here, sorry I got that one and I am not disappointed. I cleaned it up and refinished the bracelet. I am thoroughly satisfied with it. Best of luck in the hunt.
They are such lovely watches 👍

Reactions: ombre

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
z0bzjD.jpg

Back in business! Thanks @5digit4ever the white date makes it right ✅

Cloudman

Known Member
11/11/15
ooking for a tc lv if anyone is keep to let go the prized possession! nice watches you all have!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Wow its been a while since I've visited the forum...but this piece is very interesting, I didn't know TC made a no date...dial looks like 14060 but with maxi hour markers. Would love to hear the build story behind this beauty.
I love the 14060 and there were no reasonable ones around when I went looking for one. So I had this built using a TC case and bracelet an ETA and a Rafflestime dial that had to be milled to fit the case. I absolutely love this build.

Reactions: mikeshark007

Suzu

Getting To Know The Place
16/1/22
Toronto
Such beautiful pieces. Missed out on two TCs this week:cry:If any of you fine gentlemen are looking to lighten your collection, my door is wide open.🤑

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
I love the 14060 and there were no reasonable ones around when I went looking for one. So I had this built using a TC case and bracelet an ETA and a Rafflestime dial that had to be milled to fit the case. I absolutely love this build.
Incredible!
I dont know if others here understand the significance and rarity of your build, congrats! I am impressed!

Reactions: C Master

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Lovely watches guys.

I'm keen to get my fixed, does anyone have a spare movement I could buy?