• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Ginault LV

zGsVdR.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Last pic is my fave. TC has the best CG's of any 16610 rep. Heck they were even better then the (polished) CG's on my gen 16610, which I ended up selling - value aside I preffered the look of the TC case because of this.

I really need to get this watch going again. The movement is brken, I think I broke something while inserting the crown stem without pressing the release button?

I need a movement and a white DW.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Stunning photos mate. I’ll try and get my finger out to take some of my TC Kermit over the weekend.

Reactions: lfarcos

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Great TC LV piece …👌

I would love to have one like yours
Cheers mate

TC v6 with a gen Xstal and insert (inset has a slight nick out of it at 11pm). Bought it a few months back across the road after lusting after one for a few years. Got to say that aside from wearing it a couple times in the house, it’s not had as much wrist time as I thought it would have. Not sure if the LN would suit me better but I love the look of the Kermit when it’s in my hands or in the watch-box, just slightly less so on my wrist!

Reactions: lfarcos

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Cheers mate

TC v6 with a gen Xstal and insert (inset has a slight nick out of it at 11pm). Bought it a few months back across the road after lusting after one for a few years. Got to say that aside from wearing it a couple times in the house, it’s not had as much wrist time as I thought it would have. Not sure if the LN would suit me better but I love the look of the Kermit when it’s in my hands or in the watch-box, just slightly less so on my wrist!
It's a summer watch! Looks good at the pool! 🤠👍 enjoy that LV their highly collectable even in the Rep World 🌎 😄

zStfb3.jpg

For the winter I'd go with the mono low down in black insert.

zStG5s.jpg

Cheers mate 🙌

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
It's a summer watch! Looks good at the pool! 🤠👍 enjoy that LV their highly collectable even in the Rep World 🌎 😄

For the winter I'd go with the mono low down in black insert.

Cheers mate 🙌

Great pool photo :)

Yes, good point, as the green really does pop in the sunshine and I’ve got an Ocean Rover 2 (black insert) for the winter months :cool:

Reactions: Perpetual

ThePadd

Known Member
1/4/16
@StreetFighter - yep, looks like the hands have been changed. The black datewheel was an option at the time, but seemed not a great one for me as I wanted the gen 16610LV look. If the movement isnt working then an eta2824 or seagull ST2130 will work. There's another couple of ETA2824 clones out there now, so take your pic. The TC2824 looks like a dressed up Seagull IMHO. The fun will be getting a datewheel for a 2824 that looks like a 3135 one, font wise.
Also there are 2 height options on the ETA 2824, the H2 having more fresh air between the hands, which TC said you need to get a gen looking handstack. I remember the 6 months I spent umming and arring before I bought a late V6.
Part of me thinks I should sell my TC and buy a Ginault. I could afford a genuine 16610 but I'd rather spend that money elsewhere. At least with a Ginault you are buying the real deal, even if it is an homage.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
what mods have you done? Spotted the black datewheel. Love mine but the bezel is a bit stiff for my liking
The black date wheel I didn't do. This was a TC 'rouge', TC himself sold it with a the black DW and a red 2nd hand calling it a 'rouge'.

The mods I have done are..

swapped out red 2nd hand for silver
gen insert
gen tube & gen crown
gen crystal with an aftermarket gen spec gasket
F Serial and engravings between the lugs
Case refinished, added chamfers

The intention was to swap in a gen 3135 movement but when I did, it did not fit right, it was sitting too shallow in the case for the stem (I made a thread about that recently) so I just put it back torghter and havent looked at it since. I need to fix the movement and do the DW back to stock too.