• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
StreetFighter
Nothing compares to Gen great pick up! I have one of the last runs before Rolex went random and it is without a doubt a favorite in my collection. Congratulations to you on a beautiful piece ;) I put my TC next to it and started to do some comparisons wasn’t worth it in my opinion. I figured what’s the point in it? I love my TC for what it is a great attempt nothing more, but to try and to try and put any Rep factory’s attempts next to the R factory’s creation is well let’s just say $600 vs $6000 and the TC is still just a TC at $600 and we’ll we all know what Rolex prices were and what they are now. $6000ish in 2009 and what $12000 in todays market give or take? I say enjoy every Rep for what it is, and if the comparing and bashing start to rise then put Rep down and go Gen. Well done my friend wear it in the best of health :)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
StreetFighter
Nothing compares to Gen great pick up! I have one of the last runs before Rolex went random and it is without a doubt a favorite in my collection. Congratulations to you on a beautiful piece ;) I put my TC next to it and started to do some comparisons wasn’t worth it in my opinion. I figured what’s the point in it? I love my TC for what it is a great attempt nothing more, but to try and to try and put any Rep factory’s attempts next to the R factory’s creation is well let’s just say $600 vs $6000 and the TC is still just a TC at $600 and we’ll we all know what Rolex prices were and what they are now. $6000ish in 2009 and what $12000 in todays market give or take? I say enjoy every Rep for what it is, and if the comparing and bashing start to rise then put Rep down and go Gen. Well done my friend wear it in the best of health :)

Thanks buddy. I found it on ebay and couldn't help myself. We all know that Rolex is currently crashing back down to earth, well for me that just means it's a great time to look for bargains! Got this 2009 watch only (no b&p, I don't care too much about those suplementary items). This must be my 4th or 5th gen 16610, I keep coming back to them. It was the watch that strartted the journey for me.
Not 100% sure Im going to keep this one, its not in as nice condtion as I would like for myself to keep, it's had a soften about the edges on a wheel. I may sit by the river and wait for a sharper one to come along.
Even though there's a gen here, I couldn't bring myself to part with the TC! You can buy a gen any day of the week but try and find a TC... that's a challenge.

peppe1019

5/8/12
df85904cb74202fb9415306809ad8e6c.jpg

8db9f0bb42ce09c2d0588b76bcb8f08b.jpg

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Hey all, wonder if anyone can help me out. Looking for old price list for TC spare parts, managed to find screen shots for complete watches but parts no luck. Specifically I would like to know how much a TC DWO v4 was being sold for when available. I’m looking to sell my TC V7X in the near future (once it has returned from watchmaker), the datewheel had to be replaced because it was scratched so I would like to deduct that cost from overall selling price as it will not be offered with watch. Thanks to any help in advance.

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

RX7GP

🦁
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Hey all, wonder if anyone can help me out. Looking for old price list for TC spare parts, managed to find screen shots for complete watches but parts no luck. Specifically I would like to know how much a TC DWO v4 was being sold for when available. I’m looking to sell my TC V7X in the near future (once it has returned from watchmaker), the datewheel had to be replaced because it was scratched so I would like to deduct that cost from overall selling price as it will not be offered with watch. Thanks to any help in advance.

I was also looking for price list.

DWO V4 was $35

But i dont have prices for other parts, and i need to find them.

I'll open a sale topic for TC bezel ring and TC crown, but don't remember the prices i paid for them, i got these two parts over m2m but can't find old messages.

Please let me know if anybody knows the prices for bezel and crown.

NPD

7/2/22
EU

First photos on the wrist.

Needing some guidance here - just trying to determine which dial ´version´ I´ve got. I know for sure that it's a gen dial that was also bought brand new and installed in my TC super franken build. I'm just trying to learn every detail of it and previous owner does not know which dial period is this one. Any expert here mind sharing their observations?

Rubberman

Forever young
Certified
9/12/17
zmG4at.jpg

Testing with new site.
Got this from a trade, a claimed TC LV. Though black hole is not period correct but I can live with it.
Whatever it is, I love it!

Last edited:

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Great pieces here …

Let me know if anyone need to sell a TC Sub LV/LN v7/v7x in mint condition …

Cheers!

Last edited:

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Despite searching, I'm struggling to find out how you can tell the different TC versions apart? 5/6/7/7x, etc? Are there easy tells?

My first TC purchase below, arrived today. Gen crystal and insert.

Last edited:

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Supporter
Certified
18/11/13
Despite searching, I'm struggling to find out how you can tell the different TC versions apart? 5/6/7/7x, etc? Are there easy tells?

My first TC purchase below, arrived today. Gen crystal and insert.

Amazing spec. I am still trying to understand the same especially given that there has been a “transitional” period during which people ordering v6 actually got v7 (silent updates).

For my knowledge yours is a V6 (the cap at the top of the hands is different on v7)

Reactions: HomeRye

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Amazing spec. I am still trying to understand the same especially given that there has been a “transitional” period during which people ordering v6 actually got v7 (silent updates).

For my knowledge yours is a V6 (the cap at the top of the hands is different on v7)
Cheers mate. The previous owner wasn’t sure and was trying to dig out the old sales thread on here. It came with a spare TC clasp that was labelled up as a V5 (by the owner before him I’m guessing), so I assumed this watch was a 6 or 7.

Build quality feels very much like my Ginaults, which isn’t surprising!

Reactions: mandipan

Cloudman

Known Member
11/11/15
looking for a tc lv if anyone is keep to let go the prized possession! nice watches you all have!

phelan771

Getting To Know The Place
1/2/14
Wow. I was not aware that there is a dedicated TC Submariner thread. I have a TC 16610LV watch bought direct from TC in 2016 with the following specifications:
""TC 16610 LV will feature the new KH grade LV dial seen the in post intro, TC 93250 V5 bracelet, TC DWO V4, TC 16610LV hands set V2 and the all new upgraded PA bezel assembly. At the time of writing this email, I have received both TC 16610 V2 insert, TC 16610 LV V2 inserts, and TC 93250 V6 bracelets. The V2 inserts and the V6 bracelets will now go on to the new builds. ''''

This watch has been in my weekly rotation since purchased. I will let the photos do the talking. Please pardon the quality of the photos as i was using my mobile phone.

Reactions: HomeRye

phelan771

Getting To Know The Place
1/2/14
zmG4at.jpg

Testing with new site.
Got this from a trade, a claimed TC LV. Though black hole is not period correct but I can live with it.
Whatever it is, I love it!
How do you managed to take such a clear picture? Which camera did you use?