• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
Quick question, if the SM300 Spectre or standard version comes with the bracelet, is it easy to take off the bracelet or is a special tool needed?

It's just like any other watch on a bracelet—you need a springbar tool to remove it.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
What does the gen lume filling looks like?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

30105925158_b69cb713c0_b.jpg

Reactions: sfbatman787

chrome72

Renowned Member
7/12/17
Houston TX Baby
What are the main differences between the newer MKF and VSF vs the older VSF with the hours movement. I see the movement decoration is one. Curious if the newer ones are really much better than the older one with the miyota. I like the idea of a a2824

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
What are the main differences between the newer MKF and VSF vs the older VSF with the hours movement. I see the movement decoration is one. Curious if the newer ones are really much better than the older one with the miyota. I like the idea of a a2824

The stuttering second hand on the Miyota is a deal-breaker for most. If you have interest in a Miyota-powered SPECTRE, be sure the seller provides a tagged & dated video that's more than one minute long so you can see if the second hand stutters/jumps.

chrome72

Renowned Member
7/12/17
Houston TX Baby
The stuttering second hand on the Miyota is a deal-breaker for most. If you have interest in a Miyota-powered SPECTRE, be sure the seller provides a tagged & dated video that's more than one minute long so you can see if the second hand stutters/jumps.

I have a non stuttering miyota. But visually is the MK or VSF worth the switch From the older vsf miyota model?

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Received mine yesterday.
Ordered straight after China lockdown
Ordered a V1 at the time as V2 had not been listed anywhere back then
Dealer sent me a V2 instead.
Only just arrived, due to it returned and resent a few times.
The wait was worth it.
Cbss2.jpg
CbM9t.jpg

Last edited:

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Looks great. I'm still waiting for mine. Last status was that it departed Hong Kong Airport on May 6.

It will turn up.

Just checked date i ordered and it was 29/02/20 so was received 2.5 months later.

Hopefully yours will make it on its 1st attempt.

Reactions: BuckNaked

Alex22

Renowned Member
Certified
12/2/18
I have read the whole thread and hope nothing has escaped. The V2 version should have improved the bracelet, the grainy dial closest to the gen. I have some questions:
- reading in the threads some say that the dimensions are still wrong, but what do they refer to? The writing on the dial or the size of the watch?
- the bezel is ceramic but the liquid metal numbers are missing? Is the effect very similar to gen except in some light conditions where liquid metal numbers are best seen? - is the bracelet (improved compared to V1) close to the gen for weight and sensation on the wrist?
- I read about the difference in the thickness of the chrome rim between the dial and the bezel, is it also available for the v2?
- I also read (but here is a shortcoming of mine because I probably got something wrong) a difference between gen and rep (v1 but also v2) is the lumen positioned differently. do you mind me better?
- is the clone movement very reliable?
- how far is this v2 from being a super rep?

I apologize for too many questions, but maybe it can be a post that serves many users as a summary

Last edited:

Updog

18/7/19
C'mon mate. If you had read the thread you would have the answers to all of your questions. But anyway, here comes the airplane...

1. Dimensions are accurate enough to gen.
2. Liquidmetal bezel numbers do not reflect light the same as gen - (This is the only tell that it isn't gen on the wrist)
3. Bracelet and clasp are improved over V1 and V1 was still a good bracelet.
4. Lume looks much better on the V2 than the V1
5. The clone movement is reliable and has good power reserve.
6. Open caseback is an instant tell that it isn't a gen.

It will never be a super rep. Most, if not all open caseback replicas will never achieve super rep status, however that should not stop you from buying one that you like.

The VSF Spectre rep is an excellent rep and is definitely first class.

I would say with confidence that the current tells, being the liquidmetal bezel and the movement will not be corrected in future versions of this rep. The current VSF is the best that you will get.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
- the bezel is ceramic but the liquid metal numbers are missing? Is the effect very similar to gen except in some light conditions where liquid metal numbers are best seen?

The rep has no liquidmetal numbers on the bezel, period. I'm not sure how its done on the rep tbh. When seen up close, it doesn't have any depth to it. Hard to explain. Its just flat so to speak. So it catches reflection easily sort of like a mirror basically, thus making the numbers disappear in certain angles. Owning both the rep and gen, the liquidmetal numerals looks brighter/bolder than the non liquidmetal numerals of the rep. And of course the liquidmetal being liquidmetal isn't mirrored like the rep so it doesn't catch reflection and eclipses in shadow.

43926039062_d434a4cca7_b.jpg

C'mon mate. If you had read the thread you would have the answers to all of your questions. But anyway, here comes the airplane...

1. Dimensions are accurate enough to gen.
2. Liquidmetal bezel numbers do not reflect light the same as gen - (This is the only tell that it isn't gen on the wrist)
3. Bracelet and clasp are improved over V1 and V1 was still a good bracelet.
4. Lume looks much better on the V2 than the V1
5. The clone movement is reliable and has good power reserve.
6. Open caseback is an instant tell that it isn't a gen.

It will never be a super rep. Most, if not all open caseback replicas will never achieve super rep status, however that should not stop you from buying one that you like.

The VSF Spectre rep is an excellent rep and is definitely first class.

I would say with confidence that the current tells, being the liquidmetal bezel and the movement will not be corrected in future versions of this rep. The current VSF is the best that you will get.

This. Well said.

The VSF V2 of the Spectre is the best right now. Its as close as you can get to the real one.

Last edited:

Alex22

Renowned Member
Certified
12/2/18
Thanks everyone for the answers. The bezel, excluding the numbers with the liquid metal, looks very beautiful (it is also ceramic, correct?). If the bracelet is also very well made it seems very difficult to distinguish it from a gen (except for the light reflections on the numbers of the bezel), I have seen a Seamaster 300 up close only once and I don't think I would be able to distinguish it so easily. I had read a few posts before a "problem" is also that the lumen is inserted under the dial on the rep while the gen lumen is filled in the cutout and not inserted as the representative ". I was not able to understand what it means. I see this difference. I am still undecided between the Aqua Terra black dial and this Seamaster 300 specter, for this reason I have many doubts and questions.

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
If the bracelet is also very well made it seems very difficult to distinguish it from a gen (except for the light reflections on the numbers of the bezel)

That's a pretty big tell when a watch enthusiast checks out what your wearing.

But 99.99% of people wouldn't have a clue.

Until they looked at the person wearing it.

Get whichever you like the look of most as they are both 1st class as far as rep's go.

Alex22

Renowned Member
Certified
12/2/18
You are right. I believe that 99.9% would not be able to distinguish anything. Probably even a (medium level) fan of watches cannot distinguish defects in the Seamaster 300 also because it is not always visible in my opinion but we are talking about small things. Aqua Terra perhaps (in the black dial) is even less recognizable and not even an expert can recognize it on the wrist. I like them both very much and I can't decide :(

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
You are right. I believe that 99.9% would not be able to distinguish anything. Probably even a (medium level) fan of watches cannot distinguish defects in the Seamaster 300 also because it is not always visible in my opinion but we are talking about small things. Aqua Terra perhaps (in the black dial) is even less recognizable and not even an expert can recognize it on the wrist. I like them both very much and I can't decide :(

Get both. They are two very different style of watches :thumbsup:​​​​​​

49383634717_ce590cb884_b.jpg

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
I have read the whole thread and hope nothing has escaped. The V2 version should have improved the bracelet, the grainy dial closest to the gen. I have some questions:
- reading in the threads some say that the dimensions are still wrong, but what do they refer to? The writing on the dial or the size of the watch?
- the bezel is ceramic but the liquid metal numbers are missing? Is the effect very similar to gen except in some light conditions where liquid metal numbers are best seen? - is the bracelet (improved compared to V1) close to the gen for weight and sensation on the wrist?
- I read about the difference in the thickness of the chrome rim between the dial and the bezel, is it also available for the v2?
- I also read (but here is a shortcoming of mine because I probably got something wrong) a difference between gen and rep (v1 but also v2) is the lumen positioned differently. do you mind me better?
- is the clone movement very reliable?
- how far is this v2 from being a super rep?

I apologize for too many questions, but maybe it can be a post that serves many users as a summary

Not a Super Rep, but well regarded as being a "First Class NWBIG": https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

Reactions: shedlock2000

Alex22

Renowned Member
Certified
12/2/18
The ideal would be to have both, you're right. But for the moment I can't. When they are both with bracelet they can become alternatives even if different. I really like the Seamaster 300 because it is a diver that you don't see very much around (unlike the Sub for example) but it is sporty and elegant at the same time, then I like the fact that it has no complication - it is only given - that maybe it makes it even more reliable as a movement than a date (but maybe it's my idea?). I am not convinced only by the fact that the numbers of the bezel can be a visible signal even if you keep it on your wrist (a question ... but to the touch is the bezel the same as the gen? Always in ceramic? The difference with the metal numbers liquid is only visual or even if you pass your hand over can you feel a difference?). P.S. small note for Aqua Terra since otherwise I go off topic: I also really like that, sporty and elegant at the same time. Probably with the black dial it is even more difficult to say that it is a rep, even an expert would make a lot of effort (only opening the case back could understand it).

Updog

18/7/19
The Black aqua terra is much closer to being a super-rep than the spectre. If you are concerned about getting called out for wearing a fake - get the aqua terra
But you need to realise that the aqua terra still has the same open caseback, which means it still has an obivous tell. But it is a super-rep on the wrist.

Last edited: