• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

snoutwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/14
You can find them. But from what I read, it is even more about the feeling wearing it.

Thanks. I've looked in this post but can't find it just yet. 80 pages to go. The VSK is really high quality but considering a gen to go more franken.

Alex22

12/2/18
As some have already read I was undecided between Aqua Terra and Seamaster 300. I hope I wasn't wrong ... I chose the Seamaster 300 and I just bought it. I hope to have it soon and to have made the right choice.

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
As some have already read I was undecided between Aqua Terra and Seamaster 300. I hope I wasn't wrong ... I chose the Seamaster 300 and I just bought it. I hope to have it soon and to have made the right choice.

It's a beautiful timepiece, you will really enjoy it. The thing about collecting reps is that you don't have to choose....buy both! It's not like you just dumped $13,000 into the Spectre watch, which is what they are selling for now.

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
Also forgot to say I'm looking at buying a gen but I want to compare to ensure its not fake.

Are you buying the gen from an Omega boutique or AD? It will certainly not be a fake.

I was considering one also, but I'm not ready to drop $160 right now. Instead I ordered one of the Crown & Caliber Supreme NATOs in the 'single pass' style. Not the most authentic without OMEGA and 007 stamped on the keepers, but they are supposed to be incredibly soft and won't make the watch wear as high as the standard NATO.

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
How did you see mainly that it was a V2 he sent and not a V1?
I just received my QC pictures of VSF V2 (10 days after I placed order) and I'm even not sure if it's a VSF or a MKF looking at the pictures :)
What is sure is that they put the wrong back case on it : it's backcase of a satndard 300m, there's no reference of SPECTRE or 007 on it at all... So I fell I'm gonna have to wait few more days to have this fixed :/

When it arrived I had no idea that there was a V2 that had been recently released.
But when i looked at it I thought the strap looked different from what i had seen in dealer pics.
The cut of the metal strap is flatter on the top and the angles are all cut on the underside.
Also the pics my dealer showed of the V1 there was a 'TM' etched on the clasp after the 007. (dont know if this was on all V1's but on his pics it was clearly there)
That is what made start looking at other dealers sites to see if i had been sent something else.
Ultimately that is where i discovered the V2 being listed.

How to tell it is VSF?

The movement i guess... Only VSF make the clone... all the others are decorated

Look for oversized balance wheel.... If its a decorated 2824 the balance wheel will be the same size as a normal 2824(smaller), it is very noticable.

Also Decorated movements will not have the regulator arm on the balance bridge, only the stud arm. The regulator will be hidden under the decoration to make it look more like the Omega.

The VSF clone will have the regulator arm and stud arm in plain sight.. (its the biggest 'tell' that it is not an Omega).

If your has none of the markings on the back that the Spectre should have then it must be something else he is showing you.

Hope you get it resolved

Reactions: FrenchNoob

snoutwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/14
Are you buying the gen from an Omega boutique or AD? It will certainly not be a fake.

I was considering one also, but I'm not ready to drop $160 right now. Instead I ordered one of the Crown & Caliber Supreme NATOs in the 'single pass' style. Not the most authentic without OMEGA and 007 stamped on the keepers, but they are supposed to be incredibly soft and won't make the watch wear as high as the standard NATO.

Looking at a used one actually and trying to make sure it's not fake. Thanks for the Crown & Caliber suggestion.

Off-topic and addressing everyone but yesterday was the first day I used the stainless steel band for the VSF. I was taking some laundry out of the dryer and the watch clasp snagged on the dryer/clothes and "snapped" open. Specifically the little metal pin that sits at base of the trifold clasp broke off the base and was dangling by the pincer-grasp of the buttons from the clasp. I was able to use my repair kit's plastic hammer to get it back into the trifold clasp. I fear the clasp will snap open again; any suggestions on how to prolong it's life? Get a nato lol?

Guillaume T

Horology Curious
24/4/20
The vsf spectre is a beautiful replica. IMO it's easy to find the gen to the rep. when you know where to look. Where it is glaring is when you manipulate the crown or the bezel. You will realize immediatly it's a fake. The feeling is 'cheap'.
XGpps.jpg

Last edited:

Alex22

12/2/18
I had never read about this thing you say. It seemed to me that the crown and also the bezel were really very similar to the gen, almost not to be distinguished. What did you notice?

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
The vsf spectre is a beautiful replica. IMO it's easy to find the gen to the rep. when you know where to look. Where it is glaring is when you manipulate the crown or the bezel. You will realize immediately it's a fake. The feeling is 'cheap'.
Bear in mind, the bezel is not a 120-click unidirectional dive bezel. Its intended function is different, so it might not exhibit the same tight tolerance as you are used to.

Guillaume T

Horology Curious
24/4/20
I'm talking about the feeling when handling. you can feel that the crown is fragile when you set the time. And the bezel is not as soft and smooth to handle than the gen. The clone movement is very accurate. Sorry for my english....

Reactions: JT888 and fuzzmex

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Hi mates,

A questions for the experts. I have this Spectre but I don’t remember what version was it. Can anybody help me?

Thanks sirs! :)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Judging by the thin inner silver ring within the bezel and flat matte dial, it looks to be the V6F V2 from back in 2015 or 2016 with the miyota.

Mine is the V6F V1. The very first Spectre they did in 2015. Its the V1 coz of the wrong 5 numeral on the bezel....

23694956282_17dcaf6e0f_b.jpg

Last edited: