• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

Alex22

Renowned Member
Certified
12/2/18
The AT is closer to being a super rep (on the wrist it is). But even with the case back it is not so difficult to understand that it is a rep, perhaps you could understand it with gen and rep close to each other. But even an expert could understand it for sure if he opens the case back and checks the components. But it will never happen that someone tells you: hello friend, show me your watch, take it off your wrist and let me open the case back. At least I hope ;)

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Dude seriously, just wear the rep without fear. No one will notice or ask you to remove the watch. Unless you go around to a boutique and say its real or post it online on Facebook for example and try to pass it off as real. That would be asking for trouble. Only then will the watch probably be called out as a rep because yes, online there are "experts" that notices these small tells on reps, myself included. I despise people that pass off their rep as real. Don't pass it off as real. Simple. No rep is perfect. There will always be a tell. Big or small, there is a tell. You want perfection, get a gen. The V2 Spectre rep is perfect the way it is.

I wear my rep and gens daily for work, no one bats an eyelid on my watch. Nobody cares really. Its for my own pleasure anyway and not for others. Plus the current reps feel as good and look as good as the real deal that you would enjoy wearing them. I'm currently having a ball with my NTTD rep, it's not the real deal, but it sure looks and feels good and it beats spending the ridiculous amount of money the gen is going for.

FrenchNoob

Horology Curious
12/5/20
Hi guys,
First post for me here (except my introduction in Noobie section), so thanks for your indulgence in case the question has been adressed many times here already.
I'm looking for your view about Seamaster 300 Spectre from MKF vs VSF V2.

I decided last week to have a look about Omega Reps. and loved the Seamaster 007 Spectre. As a good Noob (my very first purchase), I (too) quickly decided to order one. I saw the great discount ongoing on TrustyTime for the OMG0561 MKF Ultimate Asia 8400 and ordered it same day without any further investigation. The day after, I discovered that TrustyTime was selling also another version (for 110 USD more) : the OMG0658 VSF V2 Asia 8400. I sent a mail to the famous "Andrew "(TT) who told me that the dial is better on the VSF V2 versus MKF and confirmed me it was possible to change my order for the VSF if I pay the price adder… which I did same day. I was happy to read after on RWI some good ratings about VSF V2 (and about Andrew), but I know next time I will read RWI before to order anything anywhere ! lesson learnt.
I used search function above in this thread but found very limited info about the MKF version. And what I read was saying that it was better than VSF V1 apparently. I hope VSF V2 price adder vs MKF worth it. Any comment on this? Out of the 131 pages here, the big focus seems to be on VSF so I guess there's a good reason for it and it comforts me in my choice.
I am now waiting for QC pictures and know that I will have to be patient few weeks before to receive the 007 Spectre. Looking forward for it!

Reactions: BuckNaked

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
Hi guys,
First post for me here (except my introduction in Noobie section), so thanks for your indulgence in case the question has been adressed many times here already.
I'm looking for your view about Seamaster 300 Spectre from MKF vs VSF V2.

I decided last week to have a look about Omega Reps. and loved the Seamaster 007 Spectre. As a good Noob (my very first purchase), I (too) quickly decided to order one. I saw the great discount ongoing on TrustyTime for the OMG0561 MKF Ultimate Asia 8400 and ordered it same day without any further investigation. The day after, I discovered that TrustyTime was selling also another version (for 110 USD more) : the OMG0658 VSF V2 Asia 8400. I sent a mail to the famous "Andrew "(TT) who told me that the dial is better on the VSF V2 versus MKF and confirmed me it was possible to change my order for the VSF if I pay the price adder… which I did same day. I was happy to read after on RWI some good ratings about VSF V2 (and about Andrew), but I know next time I will read RWI before to order anything anywhere! lesson learnt.
I used search function above in this thread but found very limited info about the MKF version. And what I read was saying that it was better than VSF V1 apparently. I hope VSF V2 price adder vs MKF worth it. Any comment on this? Out of the 131 pages here, the big focus seems to be on VSF so I guess there's a good reason for it and it comforts me in my choice.
I am now waiting for QC pictures and know that I will have to be patient few weeks before to receive the 007 Spectre. Looking forward for it!
Usually, when the bigger factories release a new version, it trumps all previous releases. Honestly, I never heard of the MKF version of this watch before your post. Of course, I'm new to this hobby as well, and the Spectre watch first came in 2015. I found this thread as a sticky and approaching nearly 100 pages, so it narrowed my focus to the VSF V2.

Update: just found out my watch landed in Chicago a week ago.....shouldn't be much longer now. :praying:

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I really like too my spectre V2. This is a rep but otherwise its a very very good watch, cry good pr, it looks and feels awesome.

I would be really happy too if VSF can do this seamaster in Titanium/blue version.

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
Honestly, I never heard of the MKF version of this watch before your post.
Then, you didn't read/search much about the Spectre, I found when I began some threads about both.

I hope VSF V2 price adder vs MKF worth it.
I don't think there is a good answer to this. Is the VSF better? Almost sure. Does the difference justify 50% more? You know better what you want. Some people buy a little car and are happy with it. Others buy a comfortable sporty one three times the price. Is it an error? Is it "three times better"?
I was surprised when I came here to see how many people had genuine models, especially those with really wellmade rep. Are the genuine worth 10 times the price? For some people, no doubt. Is the MKF a good deal for the price? Certainly...
You have to be happy with what you are wearing, that's all.

Reactions: jasonlee123

sfboy123

Horology Curious
12/12/19
C'mon mate. If you had read the thread you would have the answers to all of your questions. But anyway, here comes the airplane...

1. Dimensions are accurate enough to gen.
2. Liquidmetal bezel numbers do not reflect light the same as gen - (This is the only tell that it isn't gen on the wrist)
3. Bracelet and clasp are improved over V1 and V1 was still a good bracelet.
4. Lume looks much better on the V2 than the V1
5. The clone movement is reliable and has good power reserve.
6. Open caseback is an instant tell that it isn't a gen.

It will never be a super rep. Most, if not all open caseback replicas will never achieve super rep status, however that should not stop you from buying one that you like.

The VSF Spectre rep is an excellent rep and is definitely first class.

I would say with confidence that the current tells, being the liquidmetal bezel and the movement will not be corrected in future versions of this rep. The current VSF is the best that you will get.

What about the open caseback suggests it isn't gen? I've searched the thread and this is the first mention I've seen of that. I know the balance wheel is slightly off from gen, but otherwise looks pretty similar to gen, no?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
What about the open caseback suggests it isn't gen? I've searched the thread and this is the first mention I've seen of that. I know the balance wheel is slightly off from gen, but otherwise looks pretty similar to gen, no?

Good question. The tell on the rep for the 8400/8500 movement would be the regulator that is on the rep. Gen doesn't have this.

49896320606_2125f07a69_b.jpg

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Just received my VSF Omega 300M Spectre V2......

I like the watch, but it's not perfect...

- The bezel "0" does not center perfectly above the 12 o'clock triangle on the dial (hard to catch this during QC)
- Slight pull on the bracelet extends the diver extention (think the clasp internal mechanism is pushing down on the Diver Extention PUSH part and making it slip when some force is applied)
- When I pul the crown it's possible to move the hour hand alone, but it's not aligning with the hour positions on the dial......it just moves the hour hand, but rather randomly on the dial.

Like the piece, don't love it.

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
Just received my VSF Omega 300M Spectre V2......

I like the watch, but it's not perfect...

- The bezel "0" does not center perfectly above the 12 o'clock triangle on the dial (hard to catch this during QC)
- Slight pull on the bracelet extends the diver extention (think the clasp internal mechanism is pushing down on the Diver Extention PUSH part and making it slip when some force is applied)
- When I pull the crown it's possible to move the hour hand alone, but it's not aligning with the hour positions on the dial.....it just moves the hour hand, but rather randomly on the dial.

Like the piece, don't love it.
This is troubling....

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
This is troubling....

- Not sure how the bezel assembly is constructed, so don't know how easy it will be to center the "0" on the bezel (input appreciated)
- I took the bracelet clasp apart, and bended the blade spring that holds the micro adjustment in place, and this seemed to have done the trick in relation to the slipping micro adjustment (putting clasp back together was a major pain the in the butt for a non-watch maker like myself).
- The Spectre seems to be running fine. I think the dumbass at VSF who put the watch together just did not align the hands properly to the movement, this manifests itself when pulling the crown and adjusting the hour marker. I think the watch needs to visit to my rep friendly watchmaker to have this fixed.

These things are hard to catch during the QC process when TD presents to watch, and where most TD's also don't go through the trouble of catching these QC items.

Reactions: fuzzmex

FrenchNoob

Horology Curious
12/5/20
Received mine yesterday.
Ordered straight after China lockdown
Ordered a V1 at the time as V2 had not been listed anywhere back then
Dealer sent me a V2 instead.
Only just arrived, due to it returned and resent a few times.
The wait was worth it.
Cbss2.jpg
CbM9t.jpg

How did you see mainly that it was a V2 he sent and not a V1?
I just received my QC pictures of VSF V2 (10 days after I placed order) and I'm even not sure if it's a VSF or a MKF looking at the pictures :)
What is sure is that they put the wrong back case on it : it's backcase of a satndard 300m, there's no reference of SPECTRE or 007 on it at all... So I fell I'm gonna have to wait few more days to have this fixed :/

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Having read many good reviews regarding VSF watches, I had high hopes about the quality of the watch.... but with the number of quality issues I am having with the VSF Spectre V2, I am not impressed with VSF.

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
49920799982_9a84ef7b36_k.jpg

49920801057_10a9066d95_k.jpg

49920503851_5212730a4e_k.jpg

Mine just came in. Can't see the issues others have reported such as stuttering seconds hand or hour hand advancing wrong.

Just wondering if the curved spring bars are oriented correctly. They seem to be 'bowed' down like a U shape. I thought they were supposed to be 'bowed' out on a horizontal orientation vs. vertical. Anyone else have their spring bars oriented differently?

Alex22

Renowned Member
Certified
12/2/18
The spring bar seems too bent but perhaps it is the angle of the photo. Then I have a question about the exact measurements of the watch. Qulle of the gen are: 40.9 mm, 14.7 mm. But I have seen some QC on reddit, related to a V2 of vsf, with measures: 41.2mm and 15.5mm. Do you know what are the vsf V2 measurements?

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
The spring bar seems too bent but perhaps it is the angle of the photo. Then I have a question about the exact measurements of the watch. Qulle of the gen are: 40.9 mm, 14.7 mm. But I have seen some QC on reddit, related to a V2 of vsf, with measures: 41.2mm and 15.5mm. Do you know what are the vsf V2 measurements?

I don't have a calipers, sorry. Maybe someone else with a recent arrival can comment.

Re: Spring bars, I played with them a bit, and they seem to rotate or pivot with the pressure placed on them by the NATO, so there is no right answer.