• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

Phil994

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/16
Phil994 It sure does look like a V1. Because it is a V1. It's gone too, we haven't bonded. I personally see zero improvement on the V2, the V1 looks more than fine to me. It's just factories playing their marketing games on us.

I agree mate.. no difference and to be honest réplicas are getting out of the realm of “worth it” with these price increases on micro adjustments.

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
Has any intrepid soul done a detailed gen vs rep on this latest Seamaster 300 rep model (or is planning to?). I found some old comparisons from 4-5 years back (around when Spectre was still in theatres). I'd like to see how the replicated movement looks side-by-side with a gen, reviews of rep movement reliability and parts compatibility if anyone has tried, etc. The Omega RWI forum is so large and with so many models and versions, it's unwieldy for someone who only casually follows developments. Any kindly Omega rep fans care to take pity on me and provide links/pics if such a thread exists?

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
^ I would like to see this too, but bear in mind, the V2 was just added to the puretime site on 31 March. With the order lead time and shipping delays due to Covid, there aren't a whole lot of these in peoples' hands yet. I just got my shipping notice yesterday, but I don't know when my watch will land in the US and make its way to the east coast.

sev217

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/15
ciceroyeah
Hi,
my V2 have arrived in UK and need to be forwarded to DE, then i will do a gen/V1/V2 comparison ( imranbecks already delivered some great comparison pics of the v1 / gen, btw: he is 100% right, the dial on the gen "regular" SM300 is exactly as grainy like the gen spectre version)

I hope the V2 is a improvement to the V1 dial, cause mine looks almost plain flat, not grainy like on the pics some users posted of their V1.

This is why i orderd V2 and i hope it will arrive soon.

Reactions: ciceroyeah

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
sev217 I'm especially curious about the appearance and performance of the rep 8400 movement, and what, if any, tells it has. A side-by-side with HD photos would be ideal. Looking forward to your review and thank you for offering to do one!

Reactions: sev217

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Cloney Is there a significant difference between a gen and a rep nato? VSF natos feel and look pretty decent.

Alex22

Certified
12/2/18
I have read but still have not figured out whether there really is a V2 or it is similar to a V1 with very small changes (but which ones?).
In addition to this I have some doubts:
- is the bezel ceramic? On the TD website it says "Polished ceramic bezel with Liquidmetal markers" is it like gen?
- is the movement reliable (is it like that of Aqua Terra)?
- what are the differences with the gen?
- is the bracelet well made?

p.s. https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI2M...zp.8253869.0.0

I found this comparison. I don't understand anything about Chinese. I can't distinguish the rep from the gen. Which is?

Hormoaning

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/5/18
I have read but still have not figured out whether there really is a V2 or it is similar to a V1 with very small changes (but which ones?).
- is the bezel ceramic? On the TD website it says "Polished ceramic bezel with Liquidmetal markers" is it like gen?

I found this comparison. I don't understand anything about Chinese. I can't distinguish the rep from the gen. Which is?

Dial update more grainy like gen
Bezel ceramic in all version but dont have liquidmetal markers. And still wrong with size. Mks version have more gen like look bezel, but without lm markers too

Alex22

Certified
12/2/18
Dial update more grainy like gen
Bezel ceramic in all version but dont have liquidmetal markers. And still wrong with size. Mks version have more gen like look bezel, but without lm markers too

Are the wrong dimensions referring to the whole watch or to some part of the dial? I was hoping to find a rep a little closer to the gen ... maybe I have to get rid of the doubt and go to Aqua Terra which seems like a better rep at the moment

Guillaume T

Horology Curious
24/4/20
hi ! I'm curious too to know which one is the gen. Or if it is a comparison between two reps. Not easy to tell the difference according to a noob. Love it. Please excuse my poor english.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone

hi ! I'm curious too to know which one is the gen. Or if it is a comparison between two reps. Not easy to tell the difference according to a noob. Love it. Please excuse my poor english.

The one on the left is the gen. It's very obvious. You can tell just by how sharp the numbers are on the bezel. Liquidmetal numerals makes a difference on the gen. Also the thicker inner ring around the bezel on the gen is obvious. Gen is the left. And the fact that I have a gen SM300 makes it clear too..

49838278702_13b32a7b1b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharky1528