• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
The dial doesn't actually look too bad on that V1; I thought they were a lot more matte than that.

It’s only looks textured under direct sunlight and when oriented at a particular angle. Generally looks smooth when you’re inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Here's a close up of my gen SM300 for reference... This was taken under normal daylight but not under direct sun...

49742796762_134cb44c3b_b.jpg

Mrpong

15/9/19
Here is the gen with the V1 Spectre. The camera flash captures the dial well. You can just see how flat the dial is on the V1 then on the gen which has the grainy sandblasted dial.

49742506926_ca30f1e6bd_b.jpg

V1 doesn't have the '12' marker, does it?

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
V1 doesn't have the '12' marker, does it?

The one on the right is the gen standard Seamaster 300, not the Spectre 300—they're both very similar though. Some of the differences on the SP300 being the GMT bezel, lack of 12 on the face (I think Omega wanted a bigger logo on the face for its film closeup), lollipop seconds hand and I think the bracelet might be different but not certain about that.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
The one on the right is the gen standard Seamaster 300, not the Spectre 300—they're both very similar though. Some of the differences on the SP300 being the GMT bezel, lack of 12 on the face (I think Omega wanted a bigger logo on the face for its film closeup), lollipop seconds hand and I think the bracelet might be different but not certain about that.

Exactly. Just to add, the bracelet on the Spectre is all brushed whereas the bracelet on the standard Seamaster has polished center links.
​​​​​​
49745514747_d37f7a2f1a_b.jpg

Reactions: leo6929

sev217

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/15
Hi gents,

it's been a while, but now as i saw the new V2 popping up, i pulled the trigger (again :) ) at trustytime and confirmed the QC pics today.

Im really eager to see the difference. When it arrives i will do a comparsion between GEN / V1 / V2.
This time i have some better macro-equipment ;)

All the best,
sev

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Hi gents,

it's been a while, but now as i saw the new V2 popping up, i pulled the trigger (again :) ) at trustytime and confirmed the QC pics today.

Im really eager to see the difference. When it arrives i will do a comparsion between GEN / V1 / V2.

All the best,
sev

Great!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Here is the gen with the V1 Spectre. The camera flash captures the dial well. You can just see how flat the dial is on the V1 then on the gen which has the grainy sandblasted dial.

49742506926_ca30f1e6bd_b.jpg

You are comparing two slightly different models here though. Any difference in dial texture could be due to that fact alone, without rep/gen difference.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
You are comparing two slightly different models here though. Any difference in dial texture could be due to that fact alone, without rep/gen difference.

There are no differences in dial texture for the gen Spectre and standard model. I know my watches. I've handled both gen models and trust me when I say that the watches of both the Spectre and standard model is the same. Same dial texture, cut out indices, case size, case thickness, weight, everything is the same. Only difference is the lollipop hand, large omega logo and the bidirectional gmt bezel of the Spectre that makes it different with the standard model.
​​​​​​
Both genuine models of the Spectre and the standard model side by side. They're identical other than the differences mentioned above such as lollipop hand etc.

49323396606_5f36de1c82_b.jpg

Last edited:

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
Hi gents,

All the best,
sev

That will be excellent—can't wait to see the comparison!

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
There are no differences in dial texture for the gen Spectre and standard model. I know my watches. I've handled both gen models and trust me when I say that the watches of both the Spectre and standard model is the same. Same dial texture, cut out indices, case size, case thickness, weight, everything is the same. Only difference is the lollipop hand, large omega logo and the bidirectional gmt bezel of the Spectre that makes it different with the standard model.
​​​​​​
Both genuine models of the Spectre and the standard model side by side. They're identical other than the differences mentioned above such as lollipop hand etc.

49323396606_5f36de1c82_b.jpg

Thanks for the info, is what the forums about. As I said it ‘could’ be down to that fact, in this case not and so I look forward to seeing if the v2 is more like the Gen. I found the lume was too smooth looking on the rep compared to gen, which was more grainy in texture.

Mrpong

15/9/19
Here's a close up of my gen SM300 for reference... This was taken under normal daylight but not under direct sun...

49742796762_134cb44c3b_b.jpg

Apart from grainy dial, does the V1's and V2's bezel look glossy like gen?

Last edited: