• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

tknospdr

29/11/16
I have the Bulova Moonwatch, I really love it. Got it for Christmas last year.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Quite good mate! The more people who I hear have it and love it, the more I may want to get my own now :lol:. Since I gave away my Omega Speedmaster moonwatch and my vintage '57 is absolutely too huge to wear, I may just have to get the Bulova moonwatch.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
I've been craving a moon phase since I saw Doctor Strange and his JLC. i would love to add one to the collection.

than70

Getting To Know The Place
1/9/15
Though I enjoyed reading the side comments and picked up a thing or two from discussions about other watches, may I gently remind members that this is a sticky thread about Seamaster 300 Omega Spectre and much as I hate to say it,:evil: We should limit our discussions about things related to this watch because members especially new ones always comes to this forum to find out about this marvelous rep and everything about it. Perhaps maybe we start another thread?

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Though I enjoyed reading the side comments and picked up a thing or two from discussions about other watches, may I gently remind members that this is a sticky thread about Seamaster 300 Omega Spectre and much as I hate to say it,:evil: We should limit our discussions about things related to this watch because members especially new ones always comes to this forum to find out about this marvelous rep and everything about it. Perhaps maybe we start another thread?
Point taken. This ship will be righted.

Matze71

Renowned Member
Certified
8/1/16
img_20170304_1359485zkl7.jpg

rayden

Do not accept unsolicited offers
2/6/15
Just pulled the trigger via intime. This is gonna be my first rep ever. I'm so excited!
I hope the stutter won't be as bad as i imagined. lol

additional question to those that purchase phenomenato strap: I reckon there are 3 version of straps that they selling. Polished, brushed and HD (thicker, i presume). Which one is the closest to the genuine one?

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Just pulled the trigger via intime. This is gonna be my first rep ever. I'm so excited!

additional question to those that purchase phenomenato strap: I reckon there are 3 version of straps that they selling. Polished, brushed and HD (thicker, i presume). Which one is the closest to the genuine one?
I'll definitely post pics when my phenome straps come in so I can answer you then.

But in regards to the stutter, it occurs (at least for me anyways) when the watch is being worn and my arm is raised like if you were reaching to grab something from the top shelf. It struggles around the 5-10 second mark and proceeds to jump like a quartz movement to catch up. It also happens when I shake my arm vigorously. It pauses, then jumps to catch up. It doesn't lose time when these moments occur and for me, and it is acceptable.

Congratulations on the purchase, now the wait.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16

Pulling the trigger on a brand new watch is always fun, especially for the critcially acclaimed Spectre 007 watch. You won't regret it making this purchase. Now the wait for QC begins . Let us know how the experience goes from start to finish.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
I purchased the long 22mm with brushed hardware, standard version. The genuine also has brushed hardware and I just measured mine with my digital caliper it's about 1.4mm thick. Having own both, personally the standard Nato feel really nice just like the original. Not sure how the HD version compares to the genuine though.

There is a thread on the PhenomeNato. Perhaps you can find out more there.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/omega-nato-replica-phenomenato.348430/

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17

FullSizeRender - Copy (2).jpg FullSizeRender - Copy (4).jpg IMG_2424.JPG

Just got mine on the trusty Spectre. For comparison, there is a shot of the Phenome vs. the stock rep. I ordered the Bond polished 22mm long version.

I will echo what everyone else says about this strap, just get it. It is so smooth and a complete night and day difference between the stock rep strap. And it fits the theme of the watch better than the stock straps.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
View attachment 3368 View attachment 3369 View attachment 3370

Just got mine on the trusty Spectre. For comparison, there is a shot of the Phenome vs. the stock rep. I ordered the Bond polished 22mm long version.

I will echo what everyone else says about this strap, just get it. It is so smooth and a complete night and day difference between the stock rep strap. And it fits the theme of the watch better than the stock straps.
Very nice Hayashi... now it definitely looks like a proper Bond watch ;).

You going to try it on some curved spring bars?

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Very nice Hayashi... now it definitely looks like a proper Bond watch ;).

You going to try it on some curved spring bars?
I will try the spoon method outlined by another member. I can't stop looking at this watch now!

H@mmer4t4

Do not accept unsolicited offers
23/9/16
View attachment 3368 View attachment 3369 View attachment 3370

Congrats on the Spectre. Looks sharp!
How do you feel about the brushed finish on the casing and the polished finish on the NATO you paired it with? I'm really keen to hear how 'brushed' the case finish is? Does it clash with the strap you got or it it not noticeable?

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Congrats on the Spectre. Looks sharp!
How do you feel about the brushed finish on the casing and the polished finish on the NATO you paired it with? I'm really keen to hear how 'brushed' the case finish is? Does it clash with the strap you got or it it not noticeable?
If you go the phenome route, either brushed or polished will go with the watch in my opinion. I have the polished version and it picks up the shine on the lugs very nicely and just leads you to the rest of the watch. I think if you go brushed with the NATO then I feel it will blend in with the side of the case making the bezel be the focal point.

In terms of clashing, I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose. The polished keepers definitely shine more and call attention. Whereas the brushed ones keep everything muted and not too many will get a glint off of the watch. I think other members might have the brushed version.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Do you think a Bond Nato with polished yellow gold would clash with the Spectre?

Bought this from Strapcode, recently put it on my gold Seiko FFF mod. Never considered putting it on the Spectre though. Curious to hear what the consensus would be :).

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Do you think a Bond Nato with polished yellow gold would clash with the Spectre?

Bought this from Strapcode, recently put it on my gold Seiko FFF mod. Never considered putting it on the Spectre though. Curious to hear what the consensus would be :).
I would stay with the polished/brushed variants of NATO. The "yellow" used on the hour markers have a patina effect on it and the bright yellow gold from a NATO will completely overpower it.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
I would stay with the polished/brushed variants of NATO. The "yellow" used on the hour markers have a patina effect on it and the bright yellow gold from a NATO will completely overpower it.
You're absolutely right, thanks for the insights mate :).