• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

reivilo

Known Member
9/6/14
Canada
Are your keepers sharp on the inside? Have they frayed the Nato strap?

@Mr.JC, the inside of the keeper is a little sharp but, after 3 to 4 weeks with the mod, there are no signs of wear or fray, still looks new!

The whole strap look great anyway!

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
@Mr.JC, the inside of the keeper is a little sharp but, after 3 to 4 weeks with the mod, there are no signs of wear or fray, still looks new!

The whole strap look great anyway!

Oh wow, great mod then :applause:. Mine didn't fare so well, but I used a cheaper Nato Bond strap (but still nice for $20) from the UK. I tried to experiment with the keepers and sand them down a bit as practice, but that didn't fare so well either. They need just a little more sanding/brushing from the factory. This would be a perfect mod if they can do that. But hopefully someday they will replicate the Bond strap perfectly though :).

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Did you get yours already?

Going to mod it after all?
I haven't ordered my phenome straps yet. A little busy with work and all. I will place my order soon though. The stock straps are okay, but I wouldn't mind having a little bit more of a luxurious feel on the wrist.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Dude, once you get the finer luxurious strap, you'll wonder why you even dared put it on the stock :).

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Dude, once you get the finer luxurious strap, you'll wonder why you even dared put it on the stock :).
I will miss the little touches on the stock rep but I guess I can let it go if the phenomes are like butter.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
My strap has been ordered. The polished version is what I ordered. I won't miss the 007 branding so much as the Omega marking.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
My strap has been ordered. The polished version is what I ordered. I won't miss the 007 branding so much as the Omega marking.

I was just in a meeting at work. Next to me sat a guy with a nice vintage Rolex gold two tone sub. I was thinking how cool the watch looked . Speaking from my own personal experience, I notice quality and the nice things people have on. So wear it proudly my friend.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
I was at work and someone mentioned they liked my watch (I'm rocking the Spectre naturally). I said thank you and jokingly said that hardly anyone wears watches nowadays and his wife jumps in and says he (the one who commented on my watch) is a huge watch person. I was expecting to hear him say he was into seikos and whatnot or the very least I expected him to rattle off "dreaming of owning a Rolex". He says he's into Michael Kors. I walked away quietly.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
I was at work and someone mentioned they liked my watch (I'm rocking the Spectre naturally). I said thank you and jokingly said that hardly anyone wears watches nowadays and his wife jumps in and says he (the one who commented on my watch) is a huge watch person. I was expecting to hear him say he was into seikos and whatnot or the very least I expected him to rattle off "dreaming of owning a Rolex". He says he's into Michael Kors. I walked away quietly.
Haha :applause:... that is too funny.

I had an ex- give me a Michael Kors watch once. Wore it maybe 3 times max.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Haha :applause:... that is too funny.

I had an ex- give me a Michael Kors watch once. Wore it maybe 3 times max.
No offense to those that like the pure fashion watches but I personally don't want anything to do with them anymore.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Anymore huh? Hmm, sounds like there's a "back story" there :D.
Good catch! I had a Diesel watch that looked really nice (after learning more about watches, and how fashion watches are really just based off of traditional watches it turns out it was based on a Tag) and I thought I had major swag and I knew my stuff. I was in a restaurant waiting for my order and in walks this girl with the same watch. I rolled my sleeve down and vowed never to walk in a Macy's looking for a timepiece.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Good catch! I had a Diesel watch that looked really nice (after learning more about watches, and how fashion watches are really just based off of traditional watches it turns out it was based on a Tag) and I thought I had major swag and I knew my stuff. I was in a restaurant waiting for my order and in walks this girl with the same watch. I rolled my sleeve down and vowed never to walk in a Macy's looking for a timepiece.
Yikes!! That is definitely a cringe moment.

slevin7

Getting To Know The Place
11/2/17
Hello all, new to the board. When I purchased the gen Spectre NATO, the strap came with curved spring bars. These springs do not fit the lugs of the rep. Had to buy 20mm ones. Has anyone had any issues with their rep's?

It depends on what version of the SPC you have. The late models all fit the 22mm. Most probably you have v1. See the beginning of the thread to see the differences between the models.

Yes, I purchased the Spectre collector's edition strap from an Omega boutique. The strap came with a set of spring bars however they did not fit inside lugs of the rep. I did not have calipers but after a couple of failed attempts I visually inspected both spring bars and realized that I needed a smaller size, in this case a 20 mm spring bar worked.

So what's the final verdict if wanting to add curved spring bars to the latest version of the rep - 20mm or 22mm?

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
A random thought for the weekend. I've noticed mine definitely loves to pretend its a quartz during the five and ten second mark. I thought I was going to look at it incessantly and groan at how it should be decent all the way through but surprisingly it has not bothered me one bit. So for those keeping up with this thread and are at the edge of pulling the trigger, I say just go for it. Any rep will be super close to the gen and that's all we can hope for. Especially for the price we pay, super close is good enough for me.

Matze71

Renowned Member
Certified
8/1/16
I have ordered this strap for my Spectre:

IMG_2088-510x600.jpg