• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Looking at the Time Factors straps discussed earlier in the thread.

Emailed the company over a week ago but they never got back to me. Can you guys tell me which of these patterns is the G10 pattern and which is the RAF?

http://www.timefactors.com/natostraps.htm

Check the description right above the pictures on that page. G10 = 3 rings with extra flap, RAF = 2 rings and no flap (one piece).

So in this picture, the RAF is on the left and the G10 is on the right.

AXSMDey.jpg

Fin

20/7/16
Thanks for the input. Understood and even though I read it, I suppose I chose not to accept it.

Thought the RAF vs G10 was referring to the stripe pattern in the straps. In the end, I was asking the wrong question and it makes sense that I couldn't find my answer.

They show two patterns, one with 5 stripes and one with 3 stripes (two slim colored bands at the outside of the strap). Any idea how these are differentiated in the drop down?

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
The only one that's 5 stripes is referred to in the drop down as the "Bond." The others are all listed by color.

mavericmatt

Getting To Know The Place
17/1/09
Remove the rotor and apply some thick lubricating grease on the ball bearings. Use a toothpick to apply. Did this on all my miyota a and they are as silent as lambs.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

I did something similar, and now it's greased, that annoying spinning sound has gone. :)

kkgkkg

Known Member
9/6/16
anyone pulled the bezel off of one of these? how's it constructed? mine's a little janky and I'd love to improve it.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Do you think it would be easy to franken this watch with an eta2824 movement to get 28800bph?

Suprasonic

22/11/14
Another detail to make the SM300 and Spectre more accurate- curved spring bars. I believe the actual watch come with these to accommodate the NATO better.

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
If this model can be changed to A2824, it would be good (since it is closeback anyway, movement more important IMO) and so far there is no good NATO strap ATM?

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Another detail to make the SM300 and Spectre more accurate- curved spring bars. I believe the actual watch come with these to accommodate the NATO better.

SM300 comes with straight springbars, can easily be spotted at Omega's website. And since the Spectre edition comes with strap and bracelet I highly doubt it uses curved springbars either.

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
Oops my bad. Then at least hope the movement gets better with lesser issue. (I doubt the case back movement can mimic the same/very close to gen in aesthetics)

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
This watch is awesome... bought it from Ryan a few weeks ago, who was very helpful and courteous, and answered all of my questions. The Pros: a beautiful site to admire, I always wanted this watch, and it keeps great time too. The Cons: the second hand stutters a little, not a big deal though. I can'tell hack the second hand. I give this rep high marks for quality and reliability. Seriously considerin pulling the trigger and purchasing a gen Nato, since I keep hearing about how soft and high quality it is. In the mean time, I took off the Omega buckle and other SS keeper's from the cheap nato and installed them (hand stitched) to a higher quality Bond Zulu strap I purchased from Amazon. The result is a pretty good. I'll post pictures later once I figure it out.

-JC

MarcusMcIntyre

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/11/15
Hi everyone, I am still interested in getting a rep of this model, and some time has passed since released. Has the movement changed/improved over the current/previous which causes the second hand to stutter? Just wondering where are up to with these? Also, any news if the strap will be improved to be closer to the real thing also. Thankyou in advance.

wegwerf70

21/8/16
I own a seamaster 300 since about a week. Bought it from tswatch. It has a miyota but does not stutter (at least I don't notice any stutter). Maybe I was lucky...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
The Cons: the second hand stutters a little, not a big deal though.

I picked up the same watch from Lawrence (RWG TD) on September 08 and found it was stuttering between 2 and 6 if I moved my arm horizontally.

I've been wearing the watch about every other day since I got it, for about 10 hours at a time.

I noticed a couple days ago that the stutter is completely gone, no matter how violently I move my arm trying to initiate it.

My guess is that it resolved itself during the break-in period and my hope is I've seen the last of it.

By the way, if you are interested in why some degree of "stutter" is a "feature" of this movements design, this article will be helpful:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~fotoplot/invicta/invicta.html