• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scotch Lovers - Let Me Know Who You Are

sarlan19

19/6/14
Just discovered the Distiller app on iPhone. Great scotch reviews and if you live in some places in the USA you can get your bottles delivered to your door in an hour ! I live in Canada so no luck !
Great app nonetheless.

ABARTH

Horology Curious
9/11/13
My favorite Single is Oban. My wife gave me a bottle of JW Double Black for Christmas. It is very nice. Ove rthe last few years I've ventured away from Scotch and found Irish Whiskeys and a few really interesting American Small batch makers, the one I like the most of these is Stranahan's Colorodo Whiskey.

Ubpfc

Renowned Member
2/5/14
United States
Just discovered the Distiller app on iPhone. Great scotch reviews and if you live in some places in the USA you can get your bottles delivered to your door in an hour ! I live in Canada so no luck !
Great app nonetheless.

Thanks for the heads up on the Distiller app. Love it.

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Btw, in California, you can buy alcohol from Costco without a membership. Aparrently a few other states as well.

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Don't have a Costco here, where are you located? I would stack up on a few bottles at that price.

I'm in LA Area. I'll let you know if i see that deal again. I think normal price is $159 or so.

Ubpfc

Renowned Member
2/5/14
United States
I'm in LA Area. I'll let you know if i see that deal again. I think normal price is $159 or so.
Thanks, but I'm in Little Rock and all we have are Sam's which are Walmart owned. Never noticed liquor there so I will have a look next time I'm there.

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Thanks, but I'm in Little Rock and all we have are Sam's which are Walmart owned. Never noticed liquor there so I will have a look next time I'm there.

Oh yea they should totally have it at Sam's! And check on slickdeals, that's where I found the sale prices first a while back. Gluck.

daniel10n

17/3/15
Hey all, Just saw this thread and HAD to throw my 2 cents. For those of you who love the good drink like myself, I will recommend one right now and one only. COLONEL EH TAYLOR JR BARREL PROOF.

It is the nectar of the gods. Not available everywhere. I travel to Texas a lot for business and usually get it in El Paso. Take note, this is a BOURBON, not a scotch. Also, the volume and proof are written in pen on each bottle (made in small batches). Beware though, this is cask strength 67.7% and WILL do a number on you if consumed in excess ;). I usually like my scotch neat, but i have to add a cube to a glass of this stuff because its just too damn strong. That being said, the taste is roasted coffee, charred oak, toffee, and burnt sugars. One of the most delicious liver ruckers I've ever had. If you get the chance, give'er a go!

kp323

Renowned Member
1/3/15
Today i had a gentleman jack. That is actually good. I feel like I'm starting to get into the bourbon because the prices are a little more reasonable. I had four roses small batch and I think it was great!

eguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/11
Had a dram of Quinta Ruban while watching the final round of the US open yesterday...capped the night with a dram of Oban 14. Gotta love father's day when I can get away with that without any sideway glances from the wife...lol

oh on another note, I was on a celebrity cruise 3 weeks ago. I upgraded the drink package from regular to premium...had access to Laphroaig QC, Macallan 12, a few entry level single malts...but by the end of the night I was feeling a little more empowered so I pressed the bartender for more and he pulled out a bottle of Macallan 25...I haggled him down to $5 a dram...lol...well let's just say that by the end of the cruise there wasn't much left lol..

kp323

Renowned Member
1/3/15
Had a dram of Quinta Ruban while watching the final round of the US open yesterday...capped the night with a dram of Oban 14. Gotta love father's day when I can get away with that without any sideway glances from the wife...lol

oh on another note, I was on a celebrity cruise 3 weeks ago. I upgraded the drink package from regular to premium...had access to Laphroaig QC, Macallan 12, a few entry level single malts...but by the end of the night I was feeling a little more empowered so I pressed the bartender for more and he pulled out a bottle of Macallan 25...I haggled him down to $5 a dram...lol...well let's just say that by the end of the cruise there wasn't much left lol..

Macallan 25 for $5 a dram? Holy sh*#t. That's an awesome deal.

First post in 4 years is made in the scotch thread! Good job sir.

eguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/11
Macallan 25 for $5 a dram? Holy sh*#t. That's an awesome deal.

First post in 4 years is made in the scotch thread! Good job sir.

long time lurker, but you hooked me with the scotch thread :laugh:

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Hey Ubpfc, Johnny Blue 750ml for $125 right now at my local Costco. Gotta love California and Costco prices!