• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scotch Lovers - Let Me Know Who You Are

miniatureone

Renowned Member
16/7/14
Macallan 12 is typically my 'go-to'

I used to love this expression. It was one of my first "favorite" scotches. Then I slowly faded away from enjoying it, and I thought "huh... my tastes must be changing."

Recently I had a chance to try a bottle of Macallan 12 that was bought in the early 00s, and I found it exactly how I used to remember enjoying. Turns out that maybe the expression has changed over time?

Reactions: nick_

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Haven't read the thread but "Cao ila" is my fav single malt, slightly smokey (in comparison to say Laphroaig etc).

Defo can't recommend it enough. One ice cube, warm glass (I like to serve it like a brandy) but goes down so well. Average price around £40-45'ish.

SQMlLvl.jpg

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
I, too, am a Scotch aficionado...99% of what I drink is how I like my women: single, 18 and over. Currently have in the globe Laphroaig and Glenfiddich in 18, and The Balvenie in 21 and 25.

As for blended, I have Johnnie Walker Blue and The Famous Grouse.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I, too, am a Scotch aficionado...99% of what I drink is how I like my women: single, 18 and over. Currently have in the globe Laphroaig and Glenfiddich in 18, and The Balvenie in 21 and 25.

As for blended, I have Johnnie Walker Blue and The Famous Grouse.

The Glenfiddich 18 is certainly a great choice — keep yourself on the lookout for American distilleries to make “scotch”-style whiskeys in the next few years. Old Joe Kennedy’s duty is about to run out ...

Sent from the RWI mobile app

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
The Glenfiddich 18 is certainly a great choice — keep yourself on the lookout for American distilleries to make “scotch”-style whiskeys in the next few years. Old Joe Kennedy’s duty is about to run out ...

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Yeah, no. If it ain't from The Highlands of Scotland, I ain't drinking it! LOL

Reactions: apfever23

PgrPgrPG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/18
The Japanese SUNTORY HIBIKI brand (HIBIKI 17 or 21) is really providing outstanding tasty whisky. Their production is subtle, and from my experience among the very first class ones. Pricing is quite expensive compare to many well known brands, but worth the money. Good news is that you don’t need to drink as much as quantity than standard good whisky to enjoy the journey,...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

ImageHunter

Known Member
30/5/18
Help me out. I've had the Ruban and loved it, do I stick with the one I know I love or do I try something new? Anyone who has had both, let me know.

untitled_by_frakmaster-dcfmqs3.jpg

altspacen

14/1/17
Anyone tried any Japanese whisky?

Not yet. I hear that they've done quite well though and have been eyeing up a few bottles at my local store.

Recently I've picked up Taliskers Distillers Edition and that has been a nice pour. Love to transition to scotches when the weather gets colder.

SRower003

18/11/09
tJ7Jt8I.jpg
My Son's girlfriend brought me GlenDronach Allardice 18 for Christmas. I loved the gift!

WIS_Kid

31/8/18
New favorite is Balvenie 14 Carribean cask.

So good

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
When I'll die (sooner or later I'll have to do that) I want my family to pour good Islay on my body and burn all this.
But ... if the really want to burry me ... I'd like them to write on my grave those 3 simple words : "Rest In Peat" ????

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

MB-PAM

6/6/17
I just had Oban 14 last night. Pleasantly surprised. A nice deviation from my usual Glen's and Macallan.

Reactions: Kye4some

ReGGaM

7/2/19
MD, USA
Bourbon drinker here, new to Scotch. Being a big fan of Game of Thrones I bought some of the GoT themed bottles of Scotch recently released. So far I've tried the Dalwhinnie, Oban and Lagavulin, Lagavulin being my favorite.

Dynaboy2

Known Member
25/10/18
I'm a self proclaimed scotch/wine expert. IVet been selling high end wines for over 15 years. I love scotch whiskey and enjoy discovering all the different styles. I currently am a huge fan of Macallan for a smoother more elegant single malt and Ardbeg and Laiproig are my favorites on the opposite end of the spectrumm. Cheers.

subweller

Horology Curious
14/1/20
GER, Saarland
Hi guys,

and in a few days ...
and every year at the same time ...
it is time to release Ardbegs new Committee member bottle.

And the run can begin ...
and the waiting in front of the closed browser window ...
yeah... the hype has to be kept alive.
[irony OUT]

I like scotch whiskies.
Especially Ardbeg, Bunnahabhain, Caol Ila, and some others and the most with a light peated sherry touch.... hmmm..