• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scotch Lovers - Let Me Know Who You Are

Toofsy

Known Member
3/4/12
My last surprising discovery is a Balbair 2005, a single malt Floral and fruity...

m51054_2.jpg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Macallan 25
Montecristo 3
1680 vintage
911 1980

TitleistRolex

Renowned Member
8/12/15
CONUS
Macallan 25
Macallan 30
JD Century (i know it isnt scotch but damn it is good)
JD Sinatra
JW blk/blue (both are favs)

I am and will always be a macallan drinker.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

TitleistRolex

Renowned Member
8/12/15
CONUS
I want to be "Scotch Guy" so badly! :)
I just can't get into it. I enjoy Cuban coffee with cigars.

I know your post is several years old, however easiest way to transition into scotch and whiskey is by drinking on the rocks first, then add just a capful of water occasionally. Never drink scotch or whiskey "neat" will eventually numb your taster. Easy drink and most enjoyable once you have been accustomed [emoji41]

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I'm in the club. Will share the next glass with you guys.

By the way, any Japanese Whisky lovers around ?
If you didn't ever taste great Japanese Whisky, you don't know what you're missing.

D

d4m.test

I have a bottle of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban on display in my office at work, it's one of my favorites. Solid scotch with an acceptable price point.

Macallan Rare Cask is probably my favorite. I collect scotch and I am a big fan of pretty much all whiskey/whisky.

Bsykes

Horology Curious
11/1/16
Love me some Islay scotch. Visited a few of the distilleries there and it was an enthralling experience seeing how peaty whiskey is made. Lagavulin, Bowmore, Ardbeg and Laphroaig all in one area, a smokey scotch lovers' haven. Definitely a recommended place to visit if you happen to be in Scotland.

Jap whiskies like Hibiki and Yamazaki are much easier to drink compared to scotch. Tastes lighter and has more floral notes(?) to it. Maybe due to the lighter nature of it, I notice I tend to drink my Jap whiskies quicker than scotch.

D

d4m.test

Guys and gals, do yourself a favour and find Bruichladdich. From Islay, produces non peated, heavily peated and the worlds most heavily peated whisky (without the e )

No chill filtering and no added caramel colouring. Everything you could want, all from one Distillery. I know nothing about Rep watches but I do know my Whiskies and Cognacs

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Guys and gals, do yourself a favour and find Bruichladdich. From Islay, produces non peated, heavily peated and the worlds most heavily peated whisky (without the e )

No chill filtering and no added caramel colouring. Everything you could want, all from one Distillery. I know nothing about Rep watches but I do know my Whiskies and Cognacs

I’ve seen that around, might give it a shot. Especially the latter, love a bit of peat smoke, I love my Islays, Laphroaig and Lagavulin being two particular favourites

Can’t afford anything fancy all the time so I will either go for Ballantines or Glen Marnoch single malt from Aldi (totally unremarkable but very drinkable stuff for the same price as the cheapo brands)

rolex69

Renowned Member
4/8/10
USA
Never acquired the taste for peat but I’m always up for specialty glenmorangie or McCallan 12 and up

garyoke

Horology Curious
13/3/18
I'm a definite peat lover but pretty much any decent single malt floats my boat. I do draw the line at Glenfiddich though and would opt for one of the Aldis over that any day, as a day to day drinker they're good value for money. Favourites have to be Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Talisker and I'm quite partial to bowmore sherry cask. I do like the Bruichladdichs too. That said the Pendaryn Welsh single malt is a nice easy drinker too.

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

Zooksta

Horology Curious
16/4/18
Lagavulin is hands down my favorite scotch. Tried it for the first time years ago, and always had 1 bottle in the house since! (I don't drink very often, so the bottles have been few and far between lol)

repIWCone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/18
Lagavulin is hands down my favorite scotch. Tried it for the first time years ago, and always had 1 bottle in the house since! (I don't drink very often, so the bottles have been few and far between lol)

Not my absolute favorite (that would be Balvenie Single Barrel) but definitely always have a bottle of Lagavulin 16 around. Laphroaig 10 is a close second for me from Islay - smells like a campfire when you open a bottle.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
A brand I've come to be very attached to is Glenfarclas. I started drinking their 12 year about a year ago as a good "daily drinker." Their higher aged vintages (I've tried 21 and 25) are fantastic with a wide range of front-end and back of the throat nuances. The 10 or 12 is worth a try as its fairly cheap and doesn't break the bank ...

Reactions: nick_

nick_

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Certified
20/9/12
A brand I've come to be very attached to is Glenfarclas. I started drinking their 12 year about a year ago as a good "daily drinker." Their higher aged vintages (I've tried 21 and 25) are fantastic with a wide range of front-end and back of the throat nuances. The 10 or 12 is worth a try as its fairly cheap and doesn't break the bank ...

Glenfarclas is great. Macallan 12 is typically my 'go-to' - I hate peat so I stay away from Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Talisker. Lately I've been drinking;

Glenmorangie Astar 2017 - Its no joke, the cask strength is a bit too much for my liking
Balvenie 14 year Caribbean cask - Love all balvenie
Benromach Traditional single speyside - Incredible value, so much that they discontinued it because they weren't making enough $$
Auchentoshan American oak or Three wood - This brand got me into single malts, love it
Glen Moray 12/15 year - again, a great value.

Reactions: Holasenir