• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scotch Lovers - Let Me Know Who You Are

arkseven

Renowned Member
7/9/11
You won't regret it!

The 10 year old is a great place to start but the Superstition is a real treat!

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
I'm partial to Irish Whisky myself. Black Bush for sure. When single malt Scotch need strikes, I aim for the Highland Park, or McAllan. For some reason Blended Scotch gives me bumps on my right hand. Haven't looked into it.

H.P. is very good with a good note at the end and smooth in the 12yo. Couple that with a nice cigar and I'm good for the afternoon.

E

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
I am partial to laphroiag 16, it is quite peaty but still a nice smooth kick, unlike the 10 which is a kick in the balls from a horse but you still keep coming back for more lol

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
I am partial to laphroiag 16, it is quite peaty but still a nice smooth kick, unlike the 10 which is a kick in the balls from a horse but you still keep coming back for more lol

The laphroiag 16 is awesome! I like Talisker 10 sometimes for a cheaper alternative to laphroiag 16 . The Talisker doesn't have the kick in the nuts that the laphroaig 10 or 12 has.

seclark007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/10
My current single malt offerings from my personal stock:

P1020810.jpg

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
^Those are pretty good! Might I make a suggestion? Try Glenlivet 15 French Oak Cask in place of the Balvenie 12. Same price, same smokiness, better finish.

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
I just got this caol ila which is really nice. It is an Islay scotch so it is salty and peaty and much diff from macallan or balvenie. I enjoyed it do far and it has quite a nice finish.

ghoatson

Horology Curious
23/1/12
dscf0306a.jpg

Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is actually pretty quality.

(The AP V3 is nice as well). :)

Despee

28/8/11
I like scotch, I used to be a fan of cognac, but i am more into whisky now. (still love a hennessy XO)
I like blue label JW and Talisker or Nikka single barrel (Very good) , I have some lagavulin and yamazaki 12 y to go on.
no ice, nothing, cheers.

AXC

Known Member
5/3/12
Well, I was bored and clicked on the liquor section for the first time, and I'm glad I did! Scotch Lovers, unite! :maty:

IMG_20120516_172213.jpg

HardTalk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/11
Don't get the time to post, but decided to have a drink tonight and catch up on what's been happening here.. :)

attachment.php

rud19

26/5/12
Just stumbled on this "old" thread... My favs:
Glenlivet 18 yo
Glengoyne 17 yo
Balvenie
The Arran
Cragganmore
in order of preference, but i would never say no to any single malt... BTW, I just tasted a Benromach, quite nice actually.
Laphroig is nice but too peaty and smoky for my taste buds...Sorry mates.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
I wouldn't call myself a lover of whisky, however my good friend is and we both enjoyed a dram in the Whisky Rooms at the foot of Edinburgh Castle on Friday evening. The lighting was just perfect for a wee wristie too. The whisky was a Glenfarclas by the way. And very nice it was too!